No announcement yet.

NBC Cuts The Cape To 10 Episodes

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jpfort1957
    I wanted to see The Cape progress..........and return this fall. I'm going to need some type of superhero show to fill in the Smallville void.
    If all goes well, we'll have Wonder Woman this Fall. Keep hoping the CW does something comics-y too.. .still no updates on Raven

Comment

Well, if you read what Wonder Woman's pilot is supposed to be like on CBM, it won't seem like anything any fans would like, lol.

And...Raven on the CW...boy, I have so much faith in that adaptation *sarcasm*

Comment

The Cape is terrible and deserves this fate. The only reason i wanted it to succeed was because of Summer Glau and the terrible luck she has had with her shows.

Though, this does leave her open to fill a spot on the Avengers If that happens, most Summer fans will not care as much about The Cape's failure :P

Comment

Oh poor Summer. ANOTHER ONE? I've been really enjoying the show.

Comment

Originally posted by KryptonSite
            If all goes well, we'll have Wonder Woman this Fall. Keep hoping the CW does something comics-y too.. .still no updates on Raven
            Or at least we'll have 10 episodes of it. What happened to The Cape makes me leery to commit my time to WW. Same network, same support ... Im not crazy about the leaked stuff and from the little Ive seen of Harry's Law I'm really afraid Kelley just doesnt have it in him to write a serious WW show.

As to The Cape, Im a little surprised they stopped production. It was only three episodes and ud think whoever produced this show would have cut a sweetheart deal just to get the three episodes filmed. Even if they never aired on NBC, three unaired final episodes would have made the eventual dvd release a much more attractive buy.

Comment

Cape was a good show. Its a shame

Comment

I'll keep watching and keep in mind it's not over yet. Ahh, I remember the old days when a series got at least a season of episodes to catch on.

Comment

There were several shows over the many years of TV that were almost cancelled due to a lack of acceptance and weak "suits". Remember Seinfeld? How about Cheers?
                  Cape comes along with a feeling of originality and the business office can hardly wait to dump it? There is a healthy degree of hope from fans anticipating the next episode(s)who see potential and the people who stand to make money off of something so original and they want to scrap it? Never did think much of NBC.

Comment

im sorry but the cape is not that original. But its a descent show. Still catching up on it. As NBC they cancel Heroes. So I don't care about NBC.

Comment

Originally posted by Rival X The Great
                      im sorry but the cape is not that original. But its a descent show. Still catching up on it. As NBC they cancel Heroes. So I don't care about NBC.
                      Heroes became terrible after the first season and a half, it deserved to be canceled.

Comment

I'm not surprised by this news. I only watched the first two episodes of this show. I agree that there was a missing element. In all shows I think it's the characters - you have to care about the characters enough to come back and watch. I'll probably catch the rest of the episodes eventually. It's just a shame that another super hero show bites the dust. You know what that means, don't you? More medical or cop dramas. Oh joy!

Comment

Originally posted by cloakster
                          The Cape is terrible and deserves this fate. The only reason i wanted it to succeed was because of Summer Glau and the terrible luck she has had with her shows.

Though, this does leave her open to fill a spot on the Avengers If that happens, most Summer fans will not care as much about The Cape's failure :P
                          People don't like The Cape, but they like Glau's acting "ability"? Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by cloakster
                            I don't get the love for her tbh, imo she's really not a very good actor at all, very wooden. The show was ok, but can't say I'm bothered by it's demise. Hopefully a decent superhero show will come along to fill the SV void in the future.

Comment

Her acting in every other show has been very good, i don't know what happened to her in The Cape.

Comment

I'm not trying to be biased as I never liked the show, but how great could Glau's acting be when she was portraying a robot? Lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎