• Unfinished V Storylines

There are number of story lines that haven't came to fruition:

= Marcus and Hobbes storyline?
    = The other ships outside the Earth's atmosphere
    = Chad's aneurysm

Any others?

The tracker inside Father Jack

Comment

The V ships in orbit will be explained soon in Concordia as BIRTHING ships.
      Marcus and Hobbs storyline is coming...
      Chad's aneurysm was mentioned already...
      The one thing they need to touch on is where did John may's son go? And the fat kid Tyler was friends with.

Comment

Supposedly they can see Father Jack because of that injection, and I keep wondering why Ryan never mentioned that. The V doctor told him about it and reversed it in Val.

I was wondering why John May's son didn't become part of the Fifth Column. Also, do you remember his wife/girlfriend's extra parts? Some kind of metallic fingers. That hasn't shown up anywhere else.

Comment

What happened to Lawrence Parker and his biological compound that could
          kill reptiles as well as the Visitors?

Comment

Let's just say there's a long laundry list. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Christiane54
              Supposedly they can see Father Jack because of that injection, and I keep wondering why Ryan never mentioned that.
              Jack didn't tell anybody he was injected with anything, if I'm remembering that correctly. He mentioned to Erica that he felt like something was changing inside him, but that was about it.

I'm hoping we get more on the Marcus/Hobbes stuff because poor Hobbes is the only one without his own storyline. Well, him and Sid.
              Last edited by savingpeoplething; 01-31-2011, 05:06 AM.

Comment

Basically the whole storyline pertaining to the Fifth Column Visitors. We were told that they are a sleeping giant, an army etc. early in the show's run and yet, the forward momentum to the storyline has been completely non-existent.

As for the Hobbes/Marcus storyline, I think the latest episodic promo pictures make it obvious that the storyline has been dropped for something else.

Comment

Originally posted by Glove
                  What happened to Lawrence Parker and his biological compound that could
                  kill reptiles as well as the Visitors?
                  I can answer that one, if you watch season 1 DVD and the commentary with the final episode, the producer says that "they" decided that killing off the aliens via a bacteria or microbe has been done before so they decided the Vs would end some other way. So what does that mean? It means this show is written like a damn hack job, they dont know their asses from their mouths granted they are trying to make a good show, but they make it seem like its impossible to make a good sci-fi show because they go one direction, decided opps, then go another then decide umm, its a mess, the writing of V has mostly been a mess im actually starting to pay attention to who wrote what episode because right now I think their all a bunch of idiots they took a sci-fi classic and hacked it up and I have been commenting on this show before it aired its very first episode and I have said the same thing consistently if you can't do it right then don't do it at all.

Comment

Originally posted by shadow08
                    Basically the whole storyline pertaining to the Fifth Column Visitors. We were told that they are a sleeping giant, an army etc. early in the show's run and yet, the forward momentum to the storyline has been completely non-existent.
                    I think part of the problem now with that is that the Human Resistance on the ground doesn't have their main Fifth Column contact. Joshua is out of commission at the moment and they have no way of contacting anyone on the ship. The only actual Fifth Column contact they have is Lisa and she either has to come to Erica's house or Erica has to get up on the ship to see her.

Until they get Joshua (who had all sorts of Fifth Column connections on the NYC mothership) back in the game, they can't do much of anything.

Originally posted by shadow08
                    As for the Hobbes/Marcus storyline, I think the latest episodic promo pictures make it obvious that the storyline has been dropped for something else.
                    Or, it just got pushed back when they were told they had to go from 13 to 10 episodes for Season 2? I doubt it got full on dropped.

Comment

Originally posted by savingpeoplething
                      I think part of the problem now with that is that the Human Resistance on the ground doesn't have their main Fifth Column contact. Joshua is out of commission at the moment and they have no way of contacting anyone on the ship. The only actual Fifth Column contact they have is Lisa and she either has to come to Erica's house or Erica has to get up on the ship to see her.

Until they get Joshua (who had all sorts of Fifth Column connections on the NYC mothership) back in the game, they can't do much of anything.
                      What does Joshua have to do with the lack of Fifth Coloumn Visitor development on the ground? The definite issue with the plotline is that Ryan's character direction has clearly been altered after the new showrunner has come in. Very early on in the series Ryan told Georgie that he has access to money and bodies (meaning Fifth Column Visitors) and he had a personal subplot where he was actively going out and trying to recruit Fifth Column V's to the cause (think back to Cyrus or the fella who helped with his arm). But ever since the showrunners have changed that entire subplot has been dropped like a hot potato. Sure, we met Leah but she was only there to help with Val's pregnancy and as soon as that storyline was over she disappeared. And wasn't the 'John May Lives' message on the mothership supposed to bring some more Fifth Column V's out of hiding? Well, that didn't really do anything either. At this point in time I am not getting the sense that they still intend to explore the concept of a Fifth Column of V's resistance. It wouldn't be the first original concept that would get thrown out by the new showrunner.

Or, it just got pushed back when they were told they had to go from 13 to 10 episodes for Season 2? I doubt it got full on dropped.
                      I don't think so. The thing is they have actually written and filmed the Hobbes/Marcus storyline beginning with the second season premiere (I know it because I know someone who has read the season 2 premiere script) and according to Logan the first 9 episodes of the season stayed completely unaffected by the cut to the episode order. It's just that the show has been cutting all the scenes related to the Hobbes/Marcus storyline from the episodes and in light of some of the episodic promo pictures and certain rumors that are floating around, I can totally see why they're doing it. Maybe they're still intending to throw some kind of 'Hobbes is a traitor twist' into the season finale, but I doubt it.

As for the idea of a potential delay, how would that even look? Marcus is all 'Infiltrate the Fifth Column and do as I say or we'll hurt her' in episode 12 of season 1 and then he and Hobbes don't meet again to talk things over until sometime in season 3? That would look so weird and also kinda ridiculous IMO. How would they even try to explain the huge gap between the 2 meetings?

Comment

Never forget, the stuff that happened in 'Red Sky' up to 'Unholy Alliance'
                        has happened in under a two week span. The only time jump we have
                        seen in Season Two is the Four Days between the start of Red Sky to
                        the beginning of Red Rain. The rest of the episodes have a One Day
                        continuity for each.

And yes, I will get back to my Time Line soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Glove
                          Never forget, the stuff that happened in 'Red Sky' up to 'Unholy Alliance'
                          has happened in under a two week span. The only time jump we have
                          seen in Season Two is the Four Days between the start of Red Sky to
                          the beginning of Red Rain. The rest of the episodes have a One Day
                          continuity for each.
                          But there was no indication that Marcus intended to give Hobbes 2 weeks to think things over. And why would Marcus even do that? He's blackmailing the most dangerous terrorist in the world. Surely, he knows that Hobbes would be able to come up with some kind of plan when he has that much time on his hands. The only way they could suddenly pick up that storyline again in season 3 is if they dumb down Marcus intelligence IQ to the level of a grapefruit IMO.

Comment

I agree with Ryan recruiting his old V's pals. And John May and the fat kid. I add the green stuff that could kill Visitors. Even if Marcus and Hobbes story arc comes along, it looks like it'll be about the girl Marcus is blackmailing with.

Comment

Originally posted by lemoncrumble
                              I agree with Ryan recruiting his old V's pals. And John May and the fat kid. I add the green stuff that could kill Visitors. Even if Marcus and Hobbes story arc comes along, it looks like it'll be about the girl Marcus is blackmailing with.
                              It was explained early on that the guy who worked in the restaurant turned in everyone he knew in the fifth collumn in order to be reconnected to the bliss. Ryan was the last guy he was going to betray but Ryan killed him first. So there isn't anyone that Ryan can recruit. John May is dead. simple. The fat kid was just a back up character. He had no story.

I agree with you about hte green stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎