NY Mothership's Review of Serpent's Tooth 2-2

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NY Mothership's Review of Serpent's Tooth 2-2

Serpents Tooth 1/11/11
    I would like to say that having to wait 25 years to see Jane Badler re create this legendary role of Diana was worth the wait. Jane Badler is the personification of an actress who linked up with a role that she was born to play. She plays the new Diana much like she did the old only better. Diana 2.0 rocks. Eventhough Diana is imprisoned, it shows she has a lot of power over Anna.

It was revealed by Diana that the Visitors saw the first atomic bomb go off in a flicker 50 years ago and they decided to investigate the planet to see if it would be a potential future home world for their kind. The theme of WWII and the ultimate weapon dropped on Japan to end one war would bring an alien species to Earth to start another one with all human kind 50 years later is a rather cool spice in the stew.

Hidden themes of the old V here. It was revealed in V 1980s that Earth wasn’t the first planet that the V’s invaded. This may also be a hint that the old premise of needing Earth for lizard sustenance is still relevant today.

There is this subtle hint to Nazism with the term inbreeding, using humans as hosts for their eggs, phosphorus, scientific experimentation ala Josef Mengle. Great that they introduced this on the night of Diana’s first major scene. Diana was created by Ken Johnson based on the Nazi Mengle. Then tonight we have the new Diana claiming that science wasn’t going to get Anna the key to human emotion. The heart and soul will.

Tick tock…tick tock…very cool.

I was never really a fan of the controlling human emotion storyline in the beginning of this incarnation of the show, but now I’m warming up to it. Anna doesn’t have a clue about it all, Diana does and I believe Diana will use emotion to put Anna where she imprisoned Diana at the end of the season. That’s just my opinion and not inside scoop.

They’re hinting at that already. At the end of the show, Diana assures Anna that Lisa will screw her over the way Anna did her.

How about that rat eating scene huh? My have special effects improved over the years. Everytime I see that old rat eat by Diana, it looks so bad. but tonight’s was really cool. And what the hell was Anna doing to the baby after she swallowed the rat? Feed it by regurgitating rat blood down it's throat? SICK!

Political metaphors are still happening. Tonight’s metaphor was obviously terrorism or resistance however you want to look at it. Interesting that the show would have a terrorist attack included in the storyline and air on 1/11/11. Don’t know if that was intentional to suggest terrorism in the episode, the number 11 and of course, 911. I find it hard to believe that the characters building suit bombs for terrorist purposes are Israeli and not Muslim. I guess that’s the price we all pay for living in a politically correct world. I do recall that Kenneth Johnsons remake premise did have Muslim terrorists working with American resistance fighters to over throw alien invaders. Personally, I think that’s a much more powerful premise but nevertheless, we have what they give us. And we got a hint that the resistance movement is building all over the planet against the V’s.

Again, I am not affiliated with the creators or know them in any way so this is just my speculation: I believe that the leader of the broader resistance movement will be revealed as Marc Singer and I think he will be based out of Los Angeles. This would be another successful “tip of the hat” or homage to the original V. if this prediction comes to be real the question remains: the resistance movement has questionable tactics in fighting. Will Marc Singer's character be like Dononvan "gooder" or Ham Tyler "the Fixer"?

The original miniseries was a classic. Final Battle was a good continuation. The weekly series of the 80’s was a disappointment. I was skeptical about the remake/revamp but, after these first two episodes of the second season, I’m convinced.

V 2011 is a gem.

New York Mothership
    Last edited by newyorkmothership; 01-11-2011, 11:11 PM.

I have not even seen the episode yet, but NYMotherShip's reviews are so good - I thought I would get the inside scoop beforehand.

Excellent news that the producers are now incorporating more of the original flavour of V. I am sure Kenneth Johnson watched the show and will be much happier doing so with things going the way they are.

Its a shame that there are only 10 episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by UKMotherShip
      I have not even seen the episode yet, but NYMotherShip's reviews are so good - I thought I would get the inside scoop beforehand.

Excellent news that the producers are now incorporating more of the original flavour of V. I am sure Kenneth Johnson watched the show and will be much happier doing so with things going the way they are.

Its a shame that there are only 10 episodes.

thank you the mothership over the pond. yeah, i hope these aren't the last 10 episodes.

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎