X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AU Superman

Title: AU Superman
    Author: Christina
    Disclaimer: I own nothing.

Description: What if Superman was with a different woman? What if he was accused of murder? Is he really a hero? I want to address those questions and show you an alternate Superman.

Time Frame: Prologue starts with the Season 8 episode, Turbulence. The story itself takes place in 2012
    Rating: PG-13

This is my first fan fic. I’ve written it in play/screenwriting style and of course, my own style. Are the quotation marks unnecessary? Enjoy!

PROLOGUE
    In the airplane lounge, a dark haired man and a woman chattered as the plane to Los Angeles lurched forward. Taking a large gulp of champagne, the woman heard sudden rumbling in the cockpit.

Tess: "What's happening?"

Stumbling up front, she saw the cockpit. The front of the plane was ripped off. The pilot controls deafeningly screeched in alarm.

Tess: "There's a hole in the cockpit, and the pilot's gone!"

Tess used the walls to hold herself up. Urgently, she stumbled to the cabin locker and ripped it open. Two parachutes sat inside. Staring at them for a moment, she slammed the locker shut and returned to the airplane lounge.

Tess: (gasping and coughing) "I looked everywhere, and I can't find the parachutes!"

Clark: "You're gonna be okay!"

Tess: "Clark, do something."

Clark: (Snatching a breathing mask from the ceiling) "Here. Put this on! Just breathe! Keep breathing! You're gonna be okay!"

(Purposefully, he pinched the mask’s airway tube and she fell unconscious.)
    (He pushed the side door open. The wind ripped the door off its hinges and smoke billowed out of the cockpit.)
    (Returning to Tess, he took off her mask and checked that she is still alive. He picked her up and without a parachute, he jumped out of the plane.)

(The jet exploded behind them.)

Scene in the Luthor Mansion:

Tess: "Well, there he is - the prince who came to my rescue."

Clark: "I would think parachuting out of a jet and landing in the Arizona desert would've slowed you down, but you seem to be doing just fine."

Tess: "I knew I was fine the moment that I woke up in that Phoenix emergency room, to see you... standing by my side."

Clark: "Did you figure out what brought down the jet? Someone may have been trying to kill you."

Tess: "It is a dangerous world we live in. The NTSB is still investigating the explosion."

Clark: "Have they found the pilot's body?"

Tess: "No. And I feel terrible. Why is it that he's dead and we're still alive? I guess I'm just lucky that you were in the right place at the right time."

Clark: "I guess the lucky part was finding that parachute."

Tess: "Yeah, about that parachute - where was that? I looked everywhere."

Clark: "I found it in… (Irritated) Yeah, I’m tired of this."

Tess: "What?"

Clark: "I’ve lied to people for years. I lied to Lex and he betrayed me. I lied to Lana and she married someone else. I lied to my friend Chloe and she discovered the truth herself."

Tess: "What are you saying?"

Clark: "I’m saying, I've been lying to you… and now I am going to speak the truth. My entire life I’ve lived as normally as I could. I lived on a farm and adopted the Kent family. But I am not normal. I was born on the planet Krypton. I was sent here by my father, Jor El, when I was a child. I can jump over tall buildings and catch bullets with my teeth. I’m faster than a locomotive. I didn't use a parachute when I jumped out of that plane. I can prove it."

He ran to the fireplace and plunged his hands into the snarling fire. Not even the blistering flames could harm that body. It was a body capable of enormous leverage – a powerful body. He turned around and showed her an iron rod. At any rate, he was going through with this, and he bent the rod in front of her.

Clark: “Do you see?

Tess: "I've waited so long for you to admit your Kryptonian heritage. I knew there was something different about you the first time we met. I've always wanted you to tell me because you trusted me."

Clark: "I don’t want to live in fear anymore! I want to lead this world into a new generation of hope!"

Tess: (Chuckles lightly) “What took you so long?”

Scene with Clark and Chloe in Kent House:

Chloe: "You told Tess your secret? Wow, you are really going out on a limb for her. But Clark, she is dangerous! You cannot trust her!"

Clark: "Chloe, we’ve been friends since middle school. No matter what happens, we will still be friends, but I am doing this. Whatever happens let it happen. I'm not going to hide my face from the public. I cannot hesitate any longer. I'm creating a secret identity - with glasses - and taking my life in my own hands."

Chloe: "Are you sure you want to do this? We could take extreme measures to combat this. You could quit working at the Daily Planet and put the red-blue blur back in the closet."

Clark: "I am sure, Chloe. I know what I want."

Chloe: "Well, your ability to trust others and always see the good in people is what makes you so special, but it's also what keeps getting you in trouble. You need to be careful."

Clark: "I need to take a chance. I want to live. I’m going to start my future and walk on a new path. Goodbye, Chloe."

He walked outside and he saw it now – the wide sweep of the horizon, the corn crops, the wealth of green infinite and varied, the sky blue like the sky of an everlasting life, the summits of tall mountain ranges, the blaze of vivid color – the windows reflecting it all.

And he smiled at everything – the land where he was raised, the place he first loved, the town and its people, the field he was discovered in, and the high school he attended. Then he flew. And he was free, free from the old, free from the past, and free from the romance of illusions.

ACT ONE

Scene with Clark (with glasses), Chloe, Oliver, and a mysterious car on the street:
    [A car screeches around corners and skids off the road and onto the sidewalk. It crashes into tables and destroys magazine stands. A teen girl who is tied up in the back squirms off the backseat and onto the floor]

[2 miles away, Clark strolls joyfully with Chloe and Oliver Queen. They smile and laugh. ]

[Suddenly Clark stops walking]

Clark: “Stop! Listen!”

Oliver: “I don’t hear anything.”

[He super hears the girl in the back of the vehicle and hears a muffled “HELP.”]

Teen Girl: (With tap over her mouth) “Help!”

[He looks determined and rushes towards a telephone booth. He rips his jacket open and reveals a red, blue, and gold logo. It’s an S.]

Scene in the vehicle:
    [The car skids onto a freeway ramp. Police cars begin to chase it. It skids onto the freeway, just barely missing a car, sharply turning away from it]

Man #2: [sitting in the passanger seat] “The police are after us. What the hell did you get us into?”

Man #1: [driving] “Shut up! Just take the gun out of the glove compartment and shoot!”

Man #2: “You’re screwing with me. I’m not shooting anything.”

Man #1: “BS! Give me the gun and I’ll shoot.”

[He plunges his hand to the glove department, spinning the wheel and causes the car to skin the freeway’s sidewall.]

Man #2: “Man, I’ve got kids at home! I’m not going to die like this!”

[The car skids back onto the road and the bumper falls off] [The girl in the back hits her tied up wrists against the glass]

[The man driving leans out of the window and starts shooting. The second man grabs the steering wheel in panic. The first man shoots at the police cars, trying to hit their wheels, but he hits the windows by accident. The police officer manages to lean out of the way, but the car skids onto the bike path and stops. The two men drive onto a bridge. The first man sits back down into the car and takes control of the wheel]

Man #1: “I just hit an officer. F this economy… My house is being foreclosed next week.”

Man #2: “I thought we were just going to hold the girl for ransom! Now we’re going to jail for life!”

[The girl suddenly comes up behind the driver and screams shrilly.]

Teen Girl: “HELP!”

[The driver jumps and twists the wheel to the right sharply.
    ]
    Man #1: “Sh--!”

[The car crashes through the railings of the bridge, shattering the front of the car. It plunges into the icy river. The police cars pile up on the bridge and the policemen look out over the water. The water fills up the car quickly. The first man swims out of his side window and escapes. He breathes a breath of fresh air, but the second man and the girl are stuck inside. The second man has hit his head on the windshield and lies unconscious. The girl cannot swim because she is tied up. She bangs her wrists against the windows.]

Teen Girl: “Oh god! Somebody help me!”

[A man appears on the other side of the window. He smiles at her.]

Teen Girl: “Superman!”

[He swims beneath the car and lifts it out of the water.]

[He lifts the car into the sky and gently sets the car back on the bridge. The cops scramble out of the way. They look gob smacked.]

[Superman rips the driver’s side door off the car, the water floods out. Then he rips the door off the back part of the car. Superman unties the girl and lifts her out of the car. Cops rush forward to apprehend the criminal in the front seat. Some bystanders clap.]

Superman: “Officers.”

Sheriff: “Thank you Superman!”

Superman: “Are you all right?”

Teen Girl: “I am! Thanks!”

Superman: “I’m glad I could help. Stay safe.”

Teen Girl: “Wait a minute Superman! My grandmother is dying and would like to see you.”

Scene with Superman, Girl, and elderly woman in a room:

[Superman and the girl walk into the bedroom. A woman is lying on a bed with her eyes closed. She looks gaunt and sickly. The girl leads Superman to the bed. She sits on the bed and leans over to talk to her mother]

Teen Girl: “Hey Grandmother, someone cool is here to see you.”

[Her mother slowly opens her eyes and looks up at Superman. She smiles weakly.]
    Elderly Woman: “Come here child.”

[Superman comes closer.]

Elderly Woman: “So you are the one everyone has been talking about. Are you here to save me, hmmm?”

Superman: “I wish I could ma’am.”

Elderly Woman: “Ah, yes… I’ve had cancer on and off for the last two years, but it looks like my luck has run out. (Chuckles lightly)Why are you here wasting your time with an old woman? Go out and live your life child.”

Teen Girl: “Grandmother, I was kidnapped today by two men. The men drove off a bridge and crashed into the water. I was trapped in the car. Superman saved me.”

Elderly Woman: “You saved my Katelyn, hmmm?”

Superman: “Yes I did ma’m.”

Elderly Woman: “Ah, well, you are a wonderful human being for saving my
    granddaughter. Please, sit and stay awhile.”

Superman: “I think I will ma’m.”

[He sits down. Suddenly the alarm clock by the bed goes off and the radio blares.]

Radio host: “Two experts are here to take answer questions on Times Magazine’s latest issue: Superman: Is he a hero? Now this is a very controversial topic…”

Woman: “Oh dear. I’m sorry. I can’t seem to set it right.”

Superman: “Wait. I want to hear this.”

Radio host: “There seems to be a split across the nation. Some say he is a hero, others say he is a menace. We’re asking you to call in and voice your opinions… Now a call from the Armstrong family...

Mr. Armstrong: Hi, this question is for Dr. Hollander. Dr Hollander, I live in Omaha, Nebraska and We don’t have superheroes here. We pride in taking care of ourselves. People never asked for Superman and he comes out and gives us help we don’t need. We have doctors, such as you, Dr. Hollander, and we have cops and teachers and firefighters. We’ve lived millions of years without superheroes. Why should we have them now?

Dr. Hollander: I personally believe Superman is beneficial for the world. In my hospital, we see patients with gunshot wounds, head traumas, and injuries inflicted by crime. Superman can hear the victim’s cries and prevent further injury faster than policemen and women. He can carry victims to the hospital faster than the paramedics…

Mr. Armstrong: Isn’t that playing god?

Dr. Hollander: Excuse me?

Mr. Armstrong: Isn’t he playing god if he hears more than one victim and he chooses who lives and who dies?

Dr. Hollander: He can’t help everyone, but he can help some.

Mr. Armstrong: That’s exactly it. If he can’t help everyone, then he should help no one. He can’t play god.

Dr. Hollander: I don’t think you understand what I’m saying. He’s super. He can do the work of 25 men. He can help people better and faster than any man.

Mr. Armstrong: No YOU don’t understand--

Radio host: Thank you, Mr. Armstrong. Our next caller is from Los Angeles, California.
    Caller: Hi Dr. Holland---”

[The radio shuts off]

Superman: “What happened?”

Katelyn: “I had to turn it off guy. Your face was turning blue.”

Superman: “Oh.”

Elderly Woman: “Don’t worry about it child. You cannot stop the cynics.”

Superman: “I know… I just… I uh… (Looks at the time) I have to go.”

Elderly Woman: “Very well. Just remember, you are always welcome here. .. As long as I’m alive anyway.” (Chuckles lightly and coughs)

Katelyn: “Hey, my dad is a lawyer. Here is his business card. Call him if you ever need to.”

Superman: “Thank you.”

Katelyn: “OH! And FYI… the old woman over there is Emily O’Brian and my dad is Robert Johnson. Give him a ring if you need to okay?”

Superman: “Any relation to Johnson & Johnson?”

Katelyn: “Nope, I wish!”

Superman: “Well, hopefully I’ll never have to call your father. (Chuckles lightly) Good bye.”

Comment

ACT ONE CONTINUED

Scene with Clark and football guys in the hallway:

[Superman super speeds up the staircase of an upscale condominium complex and does a quick change. When he reaches the top of the stairs, he is Clark Kent again, specs balancing on his nose. He slowly walks out into the hallway. A group of men are there waiting for the elevator.]

Football Guy #1: “Hey Kent, wanna watch football with the guys tonight?

Clark: “Nah, not tonight.”

Football Guy #2: “Come on, the Colts and Steelers are playing.”

Clark: “Sounds awesome, but I’m busy.”

Football Guy #1: “Okay man. I guess we’ll have to see who wins without you. Hey, that bet you made on who’ll win the Super bowl still stands.”

Clark: “Alright, if I lose, let me know.”

Football Guy #1: “No problem. See ya later.”

Clark: “See ya.”

[Clark walks to a condo and fumbles for the keys. He finds the key he needs and unlocks the door. He lets himself in. He walks over to the other side of the condo. A woman sits bent over an enormous pile of paperwork. She scribbles at the papers and mutters to herself.]

Clark: “Hey Tess, I’m home.”

[She looks up from her papers and smiles. She gets up from her desk and gives him a hug. She squeezes him tightly and they kiss.]

Tess: (jokingly) “I’m surprised. No flowers or chocolate?”

Clark: “I didn’t forget our anniversary. I’m taking you out to our favorite restaurant.”

Tess: “Oh I can’t wait. Let me just put these papers away and then we can go.”

Clark: “How is work going?”

Tess: “It’s not easy running a major corporation. (Chuckles lightly) China is really giving us a run for our money. We’re having bidding wars over an acre of land that’s full of minerals.”

Clark: “They weren’t very affected by this recession.”

Tess: “No they weren’t and we were. At Luthorcorp we’re being forced to cut back on our assets.”

Clark: “I think it will get better soon.”

Tess: “I hope so Clark. I really do. (Pause) So everything’s put away. Should we go now, sweetie?”

Clark: “I know we should, but before we go, you have to put this blindfold on.”

Tess: (Laughs hysterically)”What did you just say?”

Clark: “Come on, it will be fun.”

Tess: “OK, I’ll agree to this cheese fest, but only because I think it will be fun.”
      [He puts the blindfold on her]

Scene with Clark and Tess in a limo:

[He takes the blindfold off her.]

Clark: “Alright, open your eyes.”

Tess: (jokingly) “So you blindfolded me just to put me in a limo. Funny.”

Clark: “There’s more to it than that.”

Tess: “If you say so super… man.”

Clark: “Oh look, we just passed our favorite restaurant.”

Tess: “Where are we going?”

Clark: “You’ll see… Driver, pull up right here!”

[He helps Tess out of the limo]

Tess: “What is this place?”

Clark: “This is the place we first met. I carried you out of the burning bus right here.”
      Tess: “Oh yeah… that was three years ago. (Chuckles lightly) You probably weren’t expecting me to be your new boss at the Daily Planet.”

Clark:”No I wasn’t. (Chuckles) I was glad when you announced Perry White as the new head editor years ago….”

[Tess smiles tightly]

Clark:”But I took a chance back then and you’ve supported me ever since.”
      Tess:”I always knew you had great potential, Clark.”

Clark: “Thank you, thank you so much for that. People were bringing me down and telling me I couldn’t be Superman, but you, you did not. You said I could do it.”

Tess:”There will always be people who will tell you that you can’t make it in life. You have to put that behind you and look forward… (Smiles) and it was my pleasure.”

Clark:”Put the blindfold back on.”

Tess:”What did you say?”

Clark:” Take this blindfold and put it on.”

Tess: “Okay cheese fest.”

[Clark puts the blindfold on her. He grows excited and walks away. He shoots fire balls out of his eyes towards some packages hidden in an alley. He super speeds back and he takes the blindfold off her]

Clark: “Look in the sky.”

Tess: “Fireworks! They’re amazing!”

Clark:”The police gave me a permit… Tess… (He gets down on one knee and pulls out a ring) Will you marry me?”

Tess: “Oh my god! Man of my dreams! Yes! Yes I will!”

[Clark sweeps her up off her feet and lifts her up. He holds her close and they kiss excitedly.]

Scene with Clark in their condominium:

[Tess lies sleeping beside Clark. He looks at the time and gets up slowly. He stumbles into the living room and turns on the TV.]

News Anchorwoman: “Two tornadoes ripped through New York City last night, an unusual occurrence for this time of year. They toppled power lines and flipped a house upside down. Angry protestors walk down Main Street this morning shouting, “Where was Superman? Where was Superman?” We take you to the action now…

Protestor: “What was Superman doing last night? We needed him and he wasn’t here. He needs to pay more attention to us New Yorkers!”

Protestor #2: “You know, maybe he doesn’t care. Maybe that’s why he wasn’t here. Superman if you are watching, you need to work harder.”

Tess: (She stands in the doorway) “Are they going at it again?”

Clark: “Yes they are.”

Tess: “Please turn it off. Being a CEO, I know there is pressure to be perfect. Sometimes it’s better to drone it out… (She walks into the kitchen and pours a cup of espresso)… with some coffee.”

Clark: (He super speeds up behind her and kisses down her neck slowly) “So what are you doing today?”

Tess: (smiles briefly) “I have a business meeting in Washington D.C. The House of Congress wants to know why Luthorcorp is drilling in Alaska. We are drilling for gold, but they are not so sure. They think we are secretly drilling for oil. As a former marine biologist, that is a huge faux pa. I wouldn’t even think of doing something like that. But they think I would.”

Clark: (kisses her again) “I think you’ll do great.”

Tess: “Huh? Yeah, well, I’ll say hello to your mother in Washington. She’s one of my strongest supporters right now.”

Clark: “Alright, I’m going to go down and meet Oliver in the Café. He’s finally decided to stop by Metropolis.”

Tess: “Yeah, okay. Lunch is in the fridge. (Cellphone rings) I have to take this. (Kisses him) Have fun. ”

[He smiles and super changes into a suite. He straightens his tie.]

Clark: “Goodbye and good luck.”

Tess: (distracted by phone) “Thank you! Bye!”

Comment

Let me know if you want more... K thanks

Comment

It was good. You don't need the quotation marks if you're writing in script style. Awesome job for your first fan fic

Comment

This is awesome! Can't wait for Act 2!!!

Comment

Okay I figured out why I messed up this part that I deleted (sorry about that). I just labeled the parts incorrectly. I jumped straight into Act II. In the Prologue (actually Act I) I already included the main plot point -- Clark becoming Superman. Thinking Act II was Act I, I tried to have two Act II's, and that didn't work. So we're in Act II. We've jumped right into the confrontation. While in Act II, I'm filling in background information along the way.
              Last edited by Christina :); 01-12-2011, 09:32 AM.

Comment

good start ! will we see the justice league?

Comment

Originally posted by lana4ever
                  good start ! will we see the justice league?
                  I'm not sure. Right now I'm brainstorming for possible villains

Comment

Interesting story.

Comment

I'm loving this story. I'm usually not a big fan of AU stories, but I'm a sucker for a good read. This story is very interesting.

If you don't mind some constructive critism from a fellow writer, I really do write, I just don't have the time right now. I will probably try writing a fanfic this summer when I am done with school for the time being. Anyways, I find that this story is a little choppy. I've read some plays and of course it's gonna be a little more choppier than a regular story. Maybe try to make the words flow better and add some actions. I will put an example.

Clark: I love you Tess
                      Tess: I love you too

[Clark and Tess stare lovingly into each other's eyes. Tess starts moving in and Clark moves the rest of the way and they share a passionate kiss.]

[Chloe walks into the room]

Chloe: Whoa, get a room you two!

This is just an example. And Chloe's remark is meant to be sarcasm and I think we all know that as we all do know our little Chlo. Expressions and whatnot, like saying it's sarcasm is usually not said in playwriting. We either just gotta know the characters from somewhere else, or it's a completely new play that is totally made up from imagination with new characters and everything, usually played along with friends to get the idea of the characters' expressions. But since we do know the characters, don't worry about that part, unless you make a new character not in the Smallville Universe, then we'd just have to figure out what the character is like.

Just some helpful tips.
                      ~ Chloe

PPMS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Supergirl X
                        I'm loving this story. I'm usually not a big fan of AU stories, but I'm a sucker for a good read. This story is very interesting.

If you don't mind some constructive critism from a fellow writer, I really do write, I just don't have the time right now. I will probably try writing a fanfic this summer when I am done with school for the time being. Anyways, I find that this story is a little choppy. I've read some plays and of course it's gonna be a little more choppier than a regular story. Maybe try to make the words flow better and add some actions. I will put an example.

Clark: I love you Tess
                        Tess: I love you too

[Clark and Tess stare lovingly into each other's eyes. Tess starts moving in and Clark moves the rest of the way and they share a passionate kiss.]

[Chloe walks into the room]

Chloe: Whoa, get a room you two!

This is just an example. And Chloe's remark is meant to be sarcasm and I think we all know that as we all do know our little Chlo. Expressions and whatnot, like saying it's sarcasm is usually not said in playwriting. We either just gotta know the characters from somewhere else, or it's a completely new play that is totally made up from imagination with new characters and everything, usually played along with friends to get the idea of the characters' expressions. But since we do know the characters, don't worry about that part, unless you make a new character not in the Smallville Universe, then we'd just have to figure out what the character is like.

Just some helpful tips.
                        ~ Chloe

PPMS!!!
                        My writing is definitely choppy! Thanks for pointing that out! I've rewritten the beginning of the next part for the umpteenth time. It's finally flowing and I've written 500 words so far. Hopefully I'll post more soon!

Comment

Is this your first story? If so, it is very good for it being your first one though. Glad to see you're not discouraged. I love the story... PPMS!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎