When He Knew

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When He Knew

when
    Last edited by SVfan87; 09-05-2014, 02:29 PM.

Oh oh oh..looking forward to more.. love it!

Comment

Nice job at your first fic. You got ollie's inner voice down pretty good. I can't wait for the next part and when he starts thinking about Chloe.

Comment

Great Start!! Love it already.

Comment

Nelle!!!

I'm glad that I inspired you to write fics!!!

Great start!!!I'm definitly hooked!!!

PPMS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SVfan87
            i'm glad you did too. its actually lots of fun. though kind of nerve-wracking too cuz i dont really know where i'm headed. and PPMS?? sorry i'm bad with acronyms
            Pleas Post More Soon...

Comment

Awesome! Post more soon!

Comment

great! Itīs getting interesting. And I know the feeling of trying to write your first fic, Iīve just started it too and feedbacks are always good, it helps to know if you are heading to the right direction.

Comment

thats a good point. Keiko. i didnt think of that. that i could use feedback to kind of guide where i go in the story. i'm sure as i keep going that'll definitely be helpful.

so tell me how is your fic going?
                  Feedback tho isn't always reliable.. ppl sometimes complain they don't like what you're doing but yet they'll keep coming back for more of the torture you provide..LOL

but really feedback does help ..and the more you write the more confident you'll become. Its ok to not be 100% sure where u are going.. its only a worry if you're doing a plot heavy story cause then u can accidentally write you're self into a hole, something hard to get out of. For me I know what i want at the end of my fics and plan out the chapter after the one i've written so I am on some sort of clear path.. the details get filled in as i go..and sometimes awesome idea's crop up, directions I didn't originally think of.

also don't be afraid to write out a scene if it hits you from further in your story. I sometimes write mine out of order then go back and fill it in.. this way I don't lose what comes to me.

I am sure other writers can give you tips and advice on how they do it that is just as good.. everyone has their own style.. there isn't a right or wrong really.

I know its a little scary but enjoy ur self and go with the ride.. its fun. and ppl know its you're first fic.. they can be really forgiving even if its not. Anyone who can't isn;t worth listening to anyhow.

Comment

thats a good point, Keiko. i didnt think of that. that i could use feedback to kind of guide where i go in the story. i'm sure as i keep going that'll definitely be helpful.

so tell me how is your fic going?
                    Itīs up on the lj. 3 drabbles, an one shot and a multi chapter (first chapter is up). Iīve received more feedback from the translated version of it. I write in english and translate it later to portuguese and a kind friend post it on a blog with translated fics for me.

Comment

Originally posted by FWvidchick
                      Feedback tho isn't always reliable.. ppl sometimes complain they don't like what you're doing but yet they'll keep coming back for more of the torture you provide..LOL

but really feedback does help ..and the more you write the more confident you'll become. Its ok to not be 100% sure where u are going.. its only a worry if you're doing a plot heavy story cause then u can accidentally write you're self into a hole, something hard to get out of. For me I know what i want at the end of my fics and plan out the chapter after the one i've written so I am on some sort of clear path.. the details get filled in as i go..and sometimes awesome idea's crop up, directions I didn't originally think of.

also don't be afraid to write out a scene if it hits you from further in your story. I sometimes write mine out of order then go back and fill it in.. this way I don't lose what comes to me.

I am sure other writers can give you tips and advice on how they do it that is just as good.. everyone has their own style.. there isn't a right or wrong really.

I know its a little scary but enjoy ur self and go with the ride.. its fun. and ppl know its you're first fic.. they can be really forgiving even if its not. Anyone who can't isn;t worth listening to anyhow.
                      Yeah, you have to separate the good ones from the bad ones. Stick to the constructive ones. But, Iīm a newbie on this territory too, so I canīt tell you much. And since english is not my first language... ppl will always find some mistake there. The friend that read it before I post it only reads it to see if it makes sense because english isnīt her first language either. But she writes a lot of fics in portuguese.

Comment

you have a link?
                        Drabbles - they are 3 and the first fic Iīve ever written.

One shot - a drabble turned into a one shot - enchanted Jacket

Multi-chapter - the two first chapters are up
                        Last edited by yotb; 01-07-2011, 08:16 PM.

Comment

i just finished reading the drabbles. those are really good!! very cute, very funny!
                          Thanks!!!

You can comment there, if you want (itīs open to anybody to post comment there), just leave your name to know it was you.
                          Last edited by yotb; 01-06-2011, 09:11 PM.

Comment

thanks for all the great advice Jen! actually, what u said about writing out a scene for later in the story has already started to happen. i wrote out a little just to put it aside. that way, i dont forget it.

also, i understand what u mean about feedback. i dont wanna go overboard following every request. that way, i'll be sure to lose myself. and i know when i'm reading fics even tho i dont like whats happening in the story i still keep on reading. it may not be what i like but its keeping me interested or its gotten a reaction out of me so i cant stop reading. i'll try to remember that as i write.

thanks again!!
                            You're welcome.. and I look forward to when u post more.
                            Just started reading Chlollie fic.
                            Sometimes u have to leave them begging..lol..sounds bad that.

I'm currently driving ppl mental with my 'A Christmas Party err 'fiasco' to remember' (a clois/JLA story) .. its fun, they beg..and i don't quite give them what they want..its fun to be evil.. ..but again seriously.. Just have fun.. get the opinions but do what u like..what u are comfortable with. You'll get to know your weakness and strengths and figure out when you are ready to stretch yourself..on your timetable.

Originally posted by yotb
                            Yeah, you have to separate the good ones from the bad ones. Stick to the constructive ones. But, Iīm a newbie on this territory too, so I canīt tell you much. And since english is not my first language... ppl will always find some mistake there. The friend that read it before I post it only reads it to see if it makes sense because english isnīt her first language either. But she writes a lot of fics in portuguese.
                            Yes u do have to separate them and learn to get a little bit of a thick skin cause at some point you'll get someone rude..

its especially hard if English isn't your first language but.. I've read some great stories by ppl with not so great English.. it doesn't change the awesomeness of the stories for me tho.

Comment

Originally posted by FWvidchick
                              You're welcome.. and I look forward to when u post more.
                              Just started reading Chlollie fic.
                              Sometimes u have to leave them begging..lol..sounds bad that.

I'm currently driving ppl mental with my 'A Christmas Party err 'fiasco' to remember' (a clois/JLA story) .. its fun, they beg..and i don't quite give them what they want..its fun to be evil.. ..but again seriously.. Just have fun.. get the opinions but do what u like..what u are comfortable with. You'll get to know your weakness and strengths and figure out when you are ready to stretch yourself..on your timetable.

Yes u do have to separate them and learn to get a little bit of a thick skin cause at some point you'll get someone rude..

its especially hard if English isn't your first language but.. I've read some great stories by ppl with not so great English.. it doesn't change the awesomeness of the stories for me tho.
                              I agree with the bold part. And if they have an opinion, at least they are reading it And I agree itīs fun to be a little evil. Iīm preparing to do that on my next chapter.

Yeah, writing in english it is what worries me sometimes. But I hear them talking in english in my head... to be sincere I have a difficult time translating it back to my mother tongue, because itīs like hearing the actors speaking in some weird dubbed voice. I guess my mind is a little crazy.
                              Last edited by yotb; 01-06-2011, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎