No announcement yet.

What is Red Rain?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is Red Rain?

Red Rain is definately more than just making it easier to breed with humans. I just found it interesting that at the beginning of the rain, Erica pushed her son out of the rain before they got wet. Tyler only got a few drops on his face.

Maybe the rain has more of an impact on those directly covered by it versus what seeps into the water supply. Maybe those touched directly by the rain are easier to control. I hope her getting them out of the rain is more significant than she did it because of her nightmare seeing Tyler's face melting off.

I not sure what the red rain was really suppose to do, but I'm sure it isn't just what Anna told the humans what it did.

Comment

A friend of mine and I speculated about the red rain when the promos first started coming out and she had a great theory that the red rain was a way to control humans.

The more we discussed it, we started wondering if the rain would affect everyone or just those who got rained on. Last night, I was actually looking at that. Erica and Tyler get rained on. Jack is in the church and we never see him get rained on. Same for Hobbes. Chad is out in the rain, but he has an umbrella, so maybe he was covered.

It'll be interesting to see if the red rain has another purpose.

Comment

A thing is sure: Anna's purposes are not good xD

Comment

Originally posted by savingpeoplething
          A friend of mine and I speculated about the red rain when the promos first started coming out and she had a great theory that the red rain was a way to control humans.

The more we discussed it, we started wondering if the rain would affect everyone or just those who got rained on. Last night, I was actually looking at that. Erica and Tyler get rained on. Jack is in the church and we never see him get rained on. Same for Hobbes. Chad is out in the rain, but he has an umbrella, so maybe he was covered.

It'll be interesting to see if the red rain has another purpose.
          That is what I am thinking. Everyone keeps referring to the Vistors being like an ant colony. We see Anna use "bliss" as a way to control her people. Maybe the red rain is the human version of "bliss".

I thought Erica never got rained on. She was wearing a hat and a coat and appeared pretty protected from the rain. Once the rain started, she shoved Tyler out of the rain before they got wet. I think he only got 2 or 3 drops of rain on his face and it didn't appear like any got on her. I thought they were making a point that they really didn't get rained on like everyone else in the crowd. Unfortunately, I don't have DVR so I can't go back and check that scene but that is how I remember it.

I also find it interesting that she had a nightmare that the rain would be bad. That is why she seemed aggressive about getting them both out of the rain. I am thinking she was experimented on and someone put information in her head as a guide to protect herself and perhaps fight the visitors.

Comment

Red rain turns simpletons into brainiacs. Exhibit A: Sam Oliver.

Comment

I'd say that Red Rain is like Hot Sauce, but the Visitors aren't
              visiting Earth to use people for food and take the water...they
              are here to rape and pillage. Procreating with humans is
              such a stupid storyline as opposed to the original show. We
              all thought the writing would be so much better? 25 years
              from now this thing will be just as campy, but the original
              will be remembered more because IT WAS ORIGINAL!!!
              Last edited by Glove; 01-07-2011, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Red Rain is a "gift to mankind".

I may be the odd one out, but I think it's an interesting storyline. If the Vs are in danger of extinction because they cannot populate fast enough themselves is pretty interesting. Something had to have happened prior to Diana's era to cause the drop, which could be explored more.

Comment

Originally posted by Glove
                  Procreating with humans is such a stupid storyline
                  Any shot at procreating with Anna or Lisa? You can pour red rain on me. You can dump a bucket of crap on me for that.

But it's not completely out of the question that the Vs are looking for fresh genetic material. One of the hallmarks of our species is a remarkable adaptability to all kinds of environments. Insects and reptiles do poorly in cold climes. Anna's probably looking to create a new super race.

Remember there may be other V hives out there. Anna probably isn't the mother of the entire civilization. And if she is, then more the reason for wanting an infusion of fresh blood.

I have to agree with Steelygal that Red Rain is probably a means of extending the Bliss's influence to humans. I can totally see Tyler getting all wrist-broken and googly-eyed in the Bliss and Erica being completely immune to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Karza
                    Any shot at procreating with Anna or Lisa? You can pour red rain on me. You can dump a bucket of crap on me for that.
                    Did you happen to see that thread where they show what the Visitors
                    are going to look like? I wouldn't go near those things with a ten foot
                    pole (Let alone six inches). You can put all the human skin, make-up,
                    and perfume on a pig that you want, but in the end, it's still just a pig.
                    And don't forget that Visitor Queens eat their mates. Being with a
                    Visitor female is like pure joy.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelyGal
                      I thought Erica never got rained on.
                      Erica got rained on.

Originally posted by SteelyGal
                      I also find it interesting that she had a nightmare that the rain would be bad. That is why she seemed aggressive about getting them both out of the rain.
                      I liked that bit of foreshadowing a lot. I figured that she remembered her dream and took action because of it.

Comment

I'd say that Red Rain is like Hot Sauce, but the Visitors aren't
                        visiting Earth to use people for food and take the water...they
                        are here to rape and pillage. Procreating with humans is
                        such a stupid storyline as opposed to the original show. We
                        all thought the writing would be so much better? 25 years
                        from now this thing will be just as campy, but the original
                        will be remembered more because IT WAS ORIGINAL!!!
                        I couldn't disagree more. I think it's a brilliant direction to take this series into. If the Visitors came here to just get the water and flesh what would there be to look forward to really? Plotwise, we'd know everything and it'd get boring real quick. This is not a remake. It's a reenvisioning of a classic storyline. Sometimes changes are good...for example, how entertaining would it be to see Anna's character answering to a "John" type like the original series? Isn't it far more interesting to be able to fully engross ourselves in her as the lead character?

Breeding with humans is a very sophisticated approach and opens up a LOT of doors. The conflict that Erica is going to have knowing SHE may have been "raped and pillaged" during her pregnancy provides serious conflict and interesting storytelling.

And you'll still get your cannibalism: Perhaps once Lisa's hormones really kick in, she'll eat Tyler after "mating" with him and we'll finally be rid of that lame character. After all, her eggs will need nourishment...too. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Lightning Strykez!
                          And you'll still get your cannibalism: Perhaps once Lisa's hormones really kick in, she'll eat Tyler after "mating" with him and we'll finally be rid of that lame character. After all, her eggs will need nourishment...too. LOL
                          That's one way to do it. Good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by savingpeoplething
                            Thanks for the pic. I didn't catch that she got hit by the rain. I am hoping it wasn't enough to really effect her. It would be interesting if it is some form of mind control turning humans into drones and that Tyler becomes one but for some reason she doesn't. She has been so protective of him and then to have her forced to fight him would be interesting.

Comment

don't forget that Visitor Queens eat their mates.
                              So... basically you're saying that my life would be over. How exactly does that make her different from a human female?

Anyway, it's already established on multiple fronts that the RR is a fertilizer both of the earth and of people. Looks like we're gonna get to see some alien spank goin' down.
                              Bow chicka-bowwow!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎