X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ratings themselves aren't great, but we reeled in the best demo
    If we keep ~6m with such a good demo, we're shoo-in for se3 <3

Comment

This Is actully fairly good.Being In the six million range In total viewers Is good and better than I thought.I was praying It would get In the five million range In total
      viewers.It beat Fox's Million Dollor drop In both catergies.It had no drop off In second
      half hour.No ordinary Family had slight more viewers In first half hour but second half
      hour fell below V.Without first half hour of No Ordinary Family V was better show for
      ABC last night.It's 19-49 Demo performance was ABC's best last night.If ABC Is boosting their 18-49 numbers It Is because of V.Also while Live to dance did about
      4 million more In total viewers among 18-49 It barely beat V.

For V to go Into a third season It needs to remain In 5-6 million In total viewers and remain In the 18-49 Demo as It did last night.Keeping the audence for the same hour as it did last night can help.If It remains the top 18-49 Demo show on ABC on tuesdays that helps.My suspecion Is like last season between V and Flash Forward
      It will come between V and No Ordinary Family for renewal.ABC will only keep 1.

Comment

Ya know, I watched a bit of "No Ordinary Family" last night waiting for V. Can I just say...MEH?

Comment

At this point I would money on V.V has better writing.Plus V actully Improved on last
          several episodes of season 1.No Ordinary Family continues losing total audence In each week.They could use some new writers.The V fanbase that has nielson boxes remain there.

Comment

Originally posted by Karafan1
            Can't count on big chunks of Ohio and Arkansas watching tonight since Ohio State is playing Arkansas in Sugar Bowl the same time V is on..
            Agreed. I live in Ohio and being that this state only has one winning
            team from any sport in it...Most people I talked to said they were
            watching the game.

My prediction wasn't far off, but I agree...V has the potential to get better.

Comment

"V" continues to win the Men 18-49 demo, which is something, at least. Next week, I think NCIS: LA returns, so that's tougher competition. But, if peple watched and liked it, then hopefully, it can hold onto those ratings, and not dip below a 2.0 in the demo (it did that once during the spring).

Comment

what's the deal with the TIVO and DVR ratings? do they count those viewers?

Comment

You have to be wondering what ABC is thinking about this ratings result for V. I think that realistically, they are probably pretty happy with it. V came back to where it left off in its freshman season with no drop. That shows consistency and that there really is an audience who is supporting it. I really don’t think ABC was expecting much of an increase in numbers for this show or others who are basically filling in the schedule while shows like Dancing With The Stars are gone.

I think V will become ABC's "Chuck".

Comment

I'm happy with the 2.1, with how badly the other ABC shows are tanking (No Ordinary Family and Detroit 187 I'm looking at YOU) V stands a much better chance at renewal

Comment

Originally posted by Resistance84
                      "V" continues to win the Men 18-49 demo, which is something, at least.
                      V did well in the male demo last season as well, if I remember correctly, so yes, I definitely think this is good.

I'm hoping that with Badler coming in full force next week, that demo could go up, seeing as how she was fella-favorite back in the 80s and still looks good today

Next week, I think NCIS: LA returns, so that's tougher competition.
                      NCIS: LA does really well, so that's definitely going to be tougher competition.

But, if peple watched and liked it, then hopefully, it can hold onto those ratings, and not dip below a 2.0 in the demo (it did that once during the spring).
                      That's my hope, too. Looks like most fan reactions online were positive, so if V can bring all those folks back, I'd feel better.

----- Added 59 Seconds later -----

Originally posted by newyorkmothership
                      what's the deal with the TIVO and DVR ratings? do they count those viewers?
                      They should factor in. ABC's Press Release talks about V doing well in DVR, so that's a little bit that can add to the numbers.

----- Added 5 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Lightning Strykez!
                      You have to be wondering what ABC is thinking about this ratings result for V. I think that realistically, they are probably pretty happy with it. V came back to where it left off in its freshman season with no drop. That shows consistency and that there really is an audience who is supporting it. I really don’t think ABC was expecting much of an increase in numbers for this show or others who are basically filling in the schedule while shows like Dancing With The Stars are gone.
                      I don't think they would've expected big numbers, either. I know I wasn't just because it's not realistic. I think what you could more realistically hope for is to keep your audience from EIGHT MONTHS AGO and grow it and they've done that. Considering how much of a dip V had last season, it's done well to grow like it has instead of staying in that dip like some shows do and some of those shows, without being off the air for almost a year.

I think V will become ABC's "Chuck".
                      Ha! I could see that and what's funny that you should mention it, considering V showrunner, Scott Rosenbaum's history and experience coming from Chuck. He talked about the hard work he put on the V Season 2 pitch to ABC that helped get the show renewed was because of his time on Chuck and it being a bubble show every year.
                      Last edited by savingpeoplething; 01-05-2011, 06:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by savingpeoplething
                        Ha! I could see that and what's funny that you should mention it, considering V showrunner, Scott Rosenbaum's history and experience coming from Chuck. He talked about the hard work he put on the V Season 2 pitch to ABC that helped get the show renewed was because of his time on Chuck and it being a bubble show every year.
                        I see that term "Bubble show" often. What exactly does it mean?

Comment

20 Millions worldwide.

<rant>

But I guess that doesnt count as ABC only care about how many people watch it via ABC.
                          What a shame that they don't look at the bigger picture.
                          If only they were to sell each episode via the net for a few dollars, pounds or euros - then they could get a real figure of how many people love this show.

</rant>

What a start to the second season! The pace is moving quicker already and they have already managed to produce a cliff hanger moment bigger than anything in season 1.
                          We know more about the visitors from S02E01 that we do for the whole of S01. Skeleton structure, at least one of their intentions and that Anna is hiding someone (Diana).

There have been a few Sci-Fi series that have captured the imagination of non-US residents in recent years that due to low US viewing figures have been cancelled when they could have continued by selling the show.

Of course - We here at the UK Mother Ship have made some bad decisions too... Torchwood (The Doctor Who spinoff) was doing quite well story wise & globally, but due to low viewing figures in the UK from the BBC scheduling (who allegedly dont/shouldnt care about viewing figures) the cancelled it.

Thank heavens for the US company that agreed to continue making it with the help of the BBC - we will see that back in 2011.

I think the important lesson that needs to be learned is... TV Producers need to move a little quicker with storylines and not keep the viewers hanging on (Lost & FlashForward). And I am happy to say that ABC have done something already, so I think we may see a season 2.5 (10 episodes).

Well done ABC - Well done writers and producers, and of course well done Ken Johnson - I hope you get investment for a movie.

Transmission from the UK Mothership ceases.

Comment

I see that term "Bubble show" often. What exactly does it mean?
                            A "Bubble" show means that it's "on the bubble" of either being renewed or being cancelled. It's not a huge hit, but it's not a total failure.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by UKMotherShip
                            20 Millions worldwide.

<rant>

But I guess that doesnt count as ABC only care about how many people watch it via ABC.
                            What a shame that they don't look at the bigger picture.
                            To be fair, I think ABC IS looking at the bigger picture or otherwise, they wouldn't have sent Elizabeth, Morena, and Scott to promote V overseas this summer. I think they're aware of the international fanbase, which is good.
                            Last edited by savingpeoplething; 01-06-2011, 09:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

In the Live + 7 numbers for 2009-2010 (this includes DVR viewership), "V" ranked No. 33 (out of 124 shows), with a 3.4/9 in the Adults 18-49 demo; in total viewers, it ranked No. 40, with 8.767 million.

Comment

Live + 7-Day Ratings...

I forgot to post this last week. DVR numbers are delayed, because of the 7-day tracking after a show airs.

Forthe January 4 episode, 'V" scored a post-airdate 0.7 rating among adults 18-49 (a five-way tie for No. 13 among 53 shows), climbing to a 2.8. In overall viewers, it added 1.492 million (No. 16 among 53 shows), for a cumulative total of nearly 8.1m viewers.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎