No announcement yet.

What would it take for a season 3?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would it take for a season 3?

What would it take for V to be picked up for a FULL season 3.

Is there a benchmark to hit with regards to ratings? Is it likely to not happen at all (If ABC already reduced their order, have they already decided this show is going to die?)

Basically: Does V have a chance at a season 3, pending how the ratings of this season go? Or has its fate already been decided?

Err, good ratings for season 2 XD

If ratings are even average, it stands a good chance for season 3. NO FATE! (tscc )

Comment

If ratings are even average, it stands a good chance for season 3
      What makes you say that? (Honest Question).

Comment

From what I read, it's kinda cheap for a scifi show (minus the cast maybe). It's a new show.

Also, they gave us a good timeslot, and lots of advertising. Which means they have some faith in us, even if they only gave us 10 eps.

Comment

A miracle IMO.

Comment

Two things:
            1) ABC reduced V's episode order because of some scheduling conflicts in terms of their midseason schedule and the timeslot (which, BTW, is extremely 'cushy') they've decided to give the series. It has absolutely nothing to do with the network's confidence, or lack thereof, in the series.

2) Even if the ratings for Season 2 equal or are better than the ratings, overall, for Season 1, I really don't think that we will see subsequent/future seasons that are larger than 12 or 13 episodes, simply because the shorter season format suits the series incredibly well.

Comment

I would think ABC would be happy with 6 million viewers or more and I think steady ratings will be a good sign. Last year, V started BIG and then fell, and then gained a little at the end. If they can hold steady and have a regular fanbase that watches every week, I think that will help.

Originally posted by Tyrian
              (If ABC already reduced their order, have they already decided this show is going to die?)
              I listened to an interview with Scott Rosenbaum (showrunner and writer for V) who talked about the renewal process and how his pitch for Season 2 was what put V over the top of all the other bubble shows from last year, so I think ABC is behind V 100%.

TV Execs don't want their shows to fail. They want them to succeed and make them money. I don't think ABC is doing anything to make V fail.

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by DigificWriter
              Two things:
              1) ABC reduced V's episode order because of some scheduling conflicts in terms of their midseason schedule and the timeslot (which, BTW, is extremely 'cushy') they've decided to give the series. It has absolutely nothing to do with the network's confidence, or lack thereof, in the series.
              I agree. It's a scheduling thing, unfortunately.

Originally posted by DigificWriter
              2) Even if the ratings for Season 2 equal or are better than the ratings, overall, for Season 1, I really don't think that we will see subsequent/future seasons that are larger than 12 or 13 episodes, simply because the shorter season format suits the series incredibly well.
              I agree with this as well. Shows that have shorter seasons seem to always be the better ones to me. They have opportunities to really put a lot of effort into them and tell tigher stories without filler episodes.

I have no problem with V having short seasons. I think that actually helps the show in terms of being able to tell a better story and I'm guessing the network likes it because it's cheaper than a full 22 episodes of CGI.
              Last edited by savingpeoplething; 01-05-2011, 07:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

hey 6.5 million viewers isn't bad at all. if they can hold onto that for the entire season and even gain a few more it should be back for a third. I would also like to say right now to the producers if they are reading:
                If it looks like this show will go off the air please persuade the network to agree on airing a final two hour finale to tie up loose ends.
                that's all I ask.
                NY MS

Comment

Yes...

no unresolved cliffhangers, please. Americans aren't loving sci-fi much these days, unfortunately.

The final ratings were 6.59 million viewers, and a 2.1/5 in the 18-49 demo. it was No. 1 in its slot with Men 18-49, at least.

Comment

Allot more viewers. Ok i have to admit i started watching V but then i stopped cause "Glee" "Biggest Looser" came on and V was around the same time cant record more than two at a time so i stopped. But, this season looks so amazing but i dont know if i can with "Hellcats" moving to Tuesday as well. Oh lord.

Comment

I think what would warrant a full Season 3 is a 3.0 in the 18-49 rating (the 18-49 adult rating is more important than total viewers).

EDIT: A 2.4-2.8 would probably be enough for a midseason renewal.
                      Last edited by FC-Cruz09; 01-05-2011, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Resistance84
                        no unresolved cliffhangers, please. Americans aren't loving sci-fi much these days, unfortunately.

The final ratings were 6.59 million viewers, and a 2.1/5 in the 18-49 demo. it was No. 1 in its slot with Men 18-49, at least.
                        Elizabeth Mitchell already said in an interview the end of season 2 is not a series finale and people will be wanting a season 3. Doesn't sound like anything is resolved sooo. I dunno I'm sorry but 6-7 million viewers is not that great. Fringe is probably one of the best written, acted ext shows on TV right now and they are getting moved to Friday's. I just don't see this show extending to season 3.

Comment

I think that Scott Rossenbaum and Co. are smart and are trying to build the fans' anticipation for this series. Hence the classic "bookends" with Jane Badler (episode 1) and Marc Singer (episode 10).

I think it has a shot at Season 3 if it continues to build from where it's at now.

Comment

Originally posted by savingpeoplething

I agree with this as well. Shows that have shorter seasons seem to always be the better ones to me. They have opportunities to really put a lot of effort into them and tell tigher stories without filler episodes.

I have no problem with V having short seasons. I think that actually helps the show in terms of being able to tell a better story and I'm guessing the network likes it because it's cheaper than a full 22 episodes of CGI.
                            I agree with the short season. I just wish they would stop cutting it
                            down from 13 every year to 12 or 10. You'd think they would air 8
                            in Jan. and Feb., then save 5 eps. for Summer or something. They
                            don't necessarily have to air all episodes at once.

What about pulling a BSG and airing a movie in the summer?

Comment

arg ..make me live in America ...I'll watch it ...

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎