X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome! Can't wait for more!! ppms

Comment

ooo great good. more more more

Comment

Good start Mercy. Can't wait for more of course, but don't feel rushed! If that makes any sense? I like your Kal-El, and am looking forward to the Cless.

Comment

Nice! I can't wait for more.

Comment

Great start, please post more soon.

Comment

can't wait for more. ppms

Comment

Thanks for the comments everyone . The next chapter is half written but it's long so it may be a while.

Comment

take your time. we'll be waiting patiently

Comment

Awesome start! I love how you write Kal; so worldly innocent, it's cute somehow.
                    Interesting that Tess obviously hasn't met Lex yet. I wonder if you'll work their first meeting into your story?!
                    Last edited by love2makeUwait; 01-02-2011, 04:46 PM.

Comment

I wonder if you'll work their first meeting into it your story?!
                      Yep, that's comming up.

Comment

Can't wait to see your interpretation of it!

Comment

Loved that last chapter and how you wrote Kal-El. Can't wait to read what happens next.

Comment

Sorry for the wait. My muse ran away and joined the Primeval circus.

Disclaimer: I own nothing. No seriously...
                            Chapter 2

She was dreaming. She had to be. There was no way this was possible. Tess let loose a laugh as she dragged a hand through a cloud like it was water. “This is amazing!”

Kal-El smiled at her. “It is.” He carefully took one hand from around her waist and mimicked her earlier movement. “It feels cold.”

“Condensed water usually is.” Tess replied, snuggling into his side to keep warm. Kal-El wasn’t exaggerating when he said it was cold.

He felt the movement and her shiver. “Are you cold?”

“A little,” she admitted with a small nod. Kal-El descended below the clouds and the temperature rose a little. “Thank you.”

He nodded. “You would get ill if I allowed you to get cold.”

Tess yawned. “That’s a myth. Germs make humans ill, not the cold.”

“You are tired.” It was an observation, not a question.

“No!” The drooping of her eyelids took the edge off her voice. “Maybe.”

Kal-El slid an arm down her body until he reached behind her knees. He swung her into his arms, carrying her bridal style. “Sleep,” He ordered.

“Later. I’ll be fine.” She didn’t bother to struggle. She knew she wouldn’t win the argument.

“Sleep.”

“Fine.” She huffed, not really annoyed. The fact that he seemed to care about her melted her heart. She settled in his arms, putting her head on his chest. “Tell me about Krypton.”

“The sun is red. Our cities were the size of the continent we just passed.”

“South America?” Tess asked sleepily. The timbre of his voice and the steady beat of his heart was lulling her to sleep.

“If that is its name. Kandor was recently destroyed by a war but it was beautiful. There were towers that reached the sky. Everything was powered by Rao.” Kal-El paused, waiting for her to ask what Rao was but she didn’t speak. He looked down to find her asleep, her mane of hair covering her face. He could feel the fluttering of her pulse against his skin. It amazed him how fragile she was. He could break her in half without even trying if he so desired. He gently blew her hair off her face. I wonder if all humans are this beautiful, he thought quietly. He felt a sudden rush of appreciation for the woman in his arms. The Kryptonian had found a willing guide for the strange new world he’d found himself in.

Kal-El completed a lazy 360, careful not to drop Tess. He revelled in the warmth of the yellow sun and the strength he could feel being absorbed. Tess shifted in his arms, unconsciously trying to get closer to the warmth. He glanced down to see a content smile on her face. It suited her.

A shrill noise attacked his ears. He almost dropped Tess at the surprise of the onset of the noise. She woke immediately. “What’s wrong?” She could see the pain etched on his face.

“Can’t you hear that noise?” He groaned, closing his eyes in order to block the pain. Kal-El lost control and they plummeted down to the ground.

“Kal-El!” Tess screamed, helpless. There was nothing she could do.

He managed to regain control and turned around, heading west. He flew faster than he’d flown before. Tess let out a terrified scream but he didn’t react to it. A small plane appeared on the horizon in front of them. Kal-El moved Tess so she was sitting on his back piggy back style.

“What’s going on?” She demanded hotly but he ignored her again. It was like he couldn’t even hear her.

The plane was next to them before she could blink. Kal-El tore the door off its hinges and walked into the plane. A slim bald man lay on a medical bed in the centre of the plane. Tess recognised him instantly. It was Lex Luthor, CEO of Luthorcorp. “Kal-El!” She yelled, trying to get his attention. “The man is hurt.” She ran to his side and felt for his pulse. It fluttered weakly under her fingers. “We have to help him!”

Kal-El ignored her again, looking around the small aircraft. He found the small crystal he wanted and picked it up. He pocketed it and forcefully dragged Tess to the door. She screamed at him to stop as she realised he was about to jump out of the plane. He simply wrapped an arm around her and leapt out into the air.

Neither of them noticed Lex Luthor stir and catch a blurred vision of a tall man flying holding onto a red headed woman. His eyes rolled back into his head as he thought they looked familiar.

They landed roughly with Tess stumbling before she caught herself. She rubbed a sore wrist and glared at him. “You know you were a lot nicer before.”

Kal-El ignored her and walked towards the entry of a cave. Tess glanced around, trying to work out where they were. Trees littered the clearing around them, all tall pines casting shadows that moved with the breeze. Tess shivered a little. She quickly ran after Kal-El, not wanting to be left alone in the middle of nowhere. “Smart Tess. Break up with Oliver and fall into the arms of an alien who may or may not be psychotic. And they called you a genius.” She mumbled to herself, chastising herself for the rash decision. She wasn’t watching where she was going and ran into Kal-El’s back. “Ow.” She stumbled back. “You know, a warning would have been appreciated. You’re practically a traffic hazard there.” She stopped speaking as the wall opposite them started to move. “Wow. Did you know that was there?”

Kal-El ignored her, striding into the room with a confidence Tess had never been blessed with. He placed the crystal he’d picked up from the plane on the stone table in the centre of the room. A light almost as bright as the light from the beach blinded the both of them. Wind swept through the room though Tess could detect no source for it. “What the hell was that?” Tess demanded angrily. Her fear was morphing steadily into rage. “Are you going to answer me? Or are you going to ignore me?” She glared at him, green eyes staring daggers at his impenetrable skin. “So you’re ignoring me are you? If I ask what made you do the 180 on me, will I get an answer?” Silence filled the room. “Guess not.” Tess answered her own question. “You know, I honestly thought you were different. That you were nice. Turns out men are the same across the universe.” She turned on her heel and started walking out of the cave.

A strong arm pulled her back. “I apologise. Please don’t leave.” Kal-El looked at her imploringly.

“What the hell?” Tess shrugged his arm off.

“I was not myself. The crystal called to me. I could not control myself.”

Tess raised an eyebrow incredulously. “A rock made you turn into a Vulcan?”

“I do not understand that term but yes.” Kal-El nodded. “I did not wish to harm you. I kept you with me to keep you safe. Please, do not leave me. I am all alone.”

Sympathy started to take the edge off her anger. She knew the feeling of loneliness all too well. “Will it happen again?”

“Perhaps,” He answered honestly. “There are 3 crystals. It is my duty to collect them and keep them safe. They could create havoc on your world.”

“You know you could have mentioned this crusade before you flew away with me.” Tess replied dryly. Or I could have asked, she added silently.

“I apologise. I-” He stopped talking and cocked his head to one side. “Someone else has come here.”

Tess thought quickly. “You hide in here. I’ll get rid of them.”

“It may be dangerous. We could both hide in here.”

She shook her head. “They would hear the noise. I’ll distract them and get them out of here. When we’re far enough away, close the wall. I assume you don’t want people finding out about this room?” Tess hazarded a guess. She moved into the cave’s first chamber.

“Correct.” He nodded again. “I see your logic. I will remain here unless you call for my help.”

“I can look after myself.” She hissed at him as she heard footsteps echo down the passageway. “Hide!” Kal-El ducked down behind the stone, hiding in the darkness

A tall, slender brunette walked into the chamber holding a flashlight. “Who the hell are you?” She demanded hotly.

“I could ask you the same question.” Tess replied folding her arms across her chest as the other woman waved the flashlight in her eyes. “Do you mind?”

The woman pointed the flashlight at the ground and Tess saw how young she was. She couldn’t have been more than 20. “What are you doing here?” The brunette asked. “It’s almost 5 am.”

“Then shouldn’t you be in bed little girl?” Tess asked, being slightly condescending. She was probably only a year or two older than her.

“I’m not a kid.” She retorted furiously. “I’m looking for information about my cousin’s murder.” Her tone was gentler now and Tess heard the wobble in her voice at the mention of her cousin.

“I’m sorry. I honestly don’t know anything.” Tess said softly. “I wish I could help.”

“You haven’t seen a tall dark haired man with a smile that could light up a barn by any chance have you? His name’s Clark Kent.” The brunette tucked a stray piece of hair behind her ear anxiously. “He was my cousin’s best friend but I can’t find him anywhere.”

Tess shook her head. “No, sorry. Haven’t seen anyone like that.” Not from Earth anyway.

“Thanks anyway. Sorry to bother you.” She turned to go. “If you hear anything please let me know. The name’s Lois. Lois Lane.”

“Ok.” Tess watched her leave. “You can get up now.” She said softly as the echoes of footsteps faded away. “She won’t hear you.”

“Are you certain?” Kal-El rose slowly, keeping to the shadows. “I hear her quite clearly.”

“Well we all don’t have super hearing now, do we?” Tess rolled her eyes. “She won’t hear you, I promise.”

“Why did you tell me to hide?” Kal-El asked suddenly, walking out of the shadows. “I appear human. She would not be able to tell I was not human.”

“You don’t act human.” Tess explained simply. “There’s more to acting human that just looking like it.”

He took a step towards her, crowding her. “Give me an example.”

“I, I…” She stammered, trying to think. How do you define human. “It’s complicated. I’m probably not the best person to ask.”

“Why? You are human aren’t you?” He looked at her as if he was trying to see through her.

“Yes but…” Tess trailed off. “I can’t explain it. I’m sorry.”

“I understand.” The stiff tone of voice said the opposite. “It does not matter. I was merely curious. Perhaps I will determine it for myself soon.”

“Perhaps.”

Lois pulled up in front of the old yellow farmhouse, nearly running over the sunflowers along the fence. She jumped out of the 4WD and landed in a puddle of mud. “Great.” She grumbled. “And this would be why I hate farms. Why couldn’t you fall for a city boy Chloe? It would make this much easier.” She dodged another patch of mud as she made her way up to the front porch.

The door opened before she even had a chance to knock. “Can I help you?” A short red haired woman opened the door.

“Mrs Kent? My name’s Lois Lane. I’m Chloe’s cousin.”

Martha Kent’s face fell. “I’m so sorry for your loss.” She said sympathetically. “Is there any thing I can do?”

“Yeah… you can tell me your son is.” Lois answered. “I’ve left him like a hundred messages.”

“Ah.” Martha paled. “He’s not here at the moment. He’s with family in Minnesota.”

“Can you get him to give me a call? I’ve got some questions for him.”

“I don’t know if he’ll be up for it.” Martha lied, covering for her absentee son. “He and Chloe were very close.”

“Yeah, tell me about it.” Lois scoffed. “I don’t see what she saw in him. Give me a nerd in glasses any day.”

“Right. I’ll tell him you came by. But I don’t think he’ll be able to answer your questions.” Martha started to edge back to the door.

“Just like the woman in the caves.” Lois mumbled to herself.

“The woman in the caves?” Martha repeated. No one was supposed to be in those caves.

“Yeah. Chloe said Clark went there a lot but the only person there was this complete bi… witch.” She switched words at Martha’s disproving look. “She wasn’t much help at all.”

“I will tell Clark you came by.” Martha repeated, opening the door. “I hope you find the answers to your questions. I really do.”

“Thanks.” Lois said as the door slammed shut. So much for small town hospitality

Martha leant heavily against the door. Why was someone at the caves? Did they know something about Clark? She heard Lois start up her car and drive away. Should she go check it out? Martha sighed. It had been three months since she’d seen her son. She had to go. Even if it there was only a small chance this woman could lead her to her son. She opened the door and then a thought struck her and she ran back into the kitchen to grab something. Please let me find Clark, she prayed.

“So where are these other crystals?” Tess broke the awkward silence that had grown between them. They sat side by side, leaning against a cave wall. “Can you sense them or something?”

“I do not know where they are. I heard this crystal because it was activated.” Kal-El explained quietly. “I shall have to search the world.”

“You do realise how big the world is, don’t you?”

“It is small compared to Krypton.” Kal-El shrugged. “It may take time but it is my duty.”

Tess smiled. “You sound like a prince from a fairytale. All this talk about duty. No one talks like that anymore.”

“How do humans talk?” Kal-El asked curiously.

“Violently.” A small involuntary shiver ran down her spine. She sighed. “No, that’s not true. Some people are nice and honest. Others are monsters.”

“In what ways?”

She looked him in the eyes. “In ways you never want to know.” A tear fell from her eye.

He wiped it away with a finger. “Do not cry. I will protect you.”

“Like you did before?”

“I ignored you. I did not allow any harm to come to you.” Kal-El corrected her gently. “I would not-” He stopped speaking, his skin turning an unhealthy shade of white. He let out an anguished scream. “Stop! Make it stop!”

“Stop what?” Tess yelled. She could see anything that would make him react like this.

“Clark, it will be ok. I promise. It will be ok.” A woman edged slowly into the chamber, holding a glowing green rock in front of her.

Tess whirled to face her, rising to her feet as she did. “Stop it! You’re killing him!”

“I’m saving my son.” The woman replied tightly. Tess could see the pain in her eyes but it didn’t stop her from launching herself at the woman.

“Tess. No.” Kal-El grunted as he withered on the ground.

Tess froze on the spot, mere inches from the older woman. “Kal-El! She’s hurting you.”

“She’s my Mom.” Kal-El whispered so softly she could barely hear. “Mom, it’s me.” He looked up at Martha Kent who promptly fell to her knees.

She pulled him into her arms, holding him close. “Don’t you ever do that to me again Clark Kent.”

Tess’ eyes widen. Kent. The name of the farm boy Lois Lane was looking for. He’d lied to her.

“I’m sorry Mom.” Kal-El no Clark, Tess corrected herself, apologised. “I’m sorry.”

Tess turned and walked out of the cave, leaving the mother and son behind. When are you going to learn Tess? She asked herself. There are no such things as fairytales.

Comment

aahh!! man! Tess.. give him a chance to explain.. good grief!

Love the update..very good!

ppms!

Comment

Will Chloe be alive in this story?

Love the update. I'm on my toes.. Tess left aweee...

I felt bad for her.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎