Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jessica Jones (Netflix, formerly in development for ABC)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Last edited by jon-el87; 10-23-2015, 09:55 AM.

Comment

The trailer is pretty good. Though I'm not sure if I would watch it only because I heard it was suppose to be darker than Daredevil and there were some moments in that show I had to look away.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Series should be available by 12:01 PST/ 3:01 EST
                I guess I'll start watching it late night tomorrow, though
                Last edited by darkphoenix21; 11-19-2015, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Just finished the pilot. It is INSANELY good. If this is any indicator of the overall quality of the rest of the series, Marvel has a second absolute grand slam on their hands.

Comment

I didn't start watching yet.

Comment

I watched the first 6 episodes so far today.

Comment

I just saw the pilot and thought it was fantastic!!! If I hadn't known it was a Marvel series, I would have just thought it was a great psychological thriller about a P.I. with PTSD who can't escape her past. The only indication it was a Marvel (or even just supernatural) series was when she was serving the nightclub owner.

Comment

Looks like Marvel once again outshines DC. Not to downplay Supergirl but Jessica Jones is on a completely different level together with Daredevil as far as maturity goes and not because it's more violent or grittier but the depth of the stories and the development of the characters. I watch the Flash or Supergirl and think I'm literally watching some live action adaption of a Saturday morning superhero cartoon yet when I watch what Marvel is showing on Netflix I think the comics have grown up to tell compelling stories instead of just showing flashy costumes with corny codenames and colorful artwork.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleDevil
                            Looks like Marvel once again outshines DC. Not to downplay Supergirl but Jessica Jones is on a completely different level together with Daredevil as far as maturity goes and not because it's more violent or grittier but the depth of the stories and the development of the characters. I watch the Flash or Supergirl and think I'm literally watching some live action adaption of a Saturday morning superhero cartoon yet when I watch what Marvel is showing on Netflix I think the comics have grown up to tell compelling stories instead of just showing flashy costumes with corny codenames and colorful artwork.
                            I couldn't agree more! This is very adult, and very sophisticated, comic book storytelling in comparison to the CW/CBS fare, and the actors are several notches above such CW actors as Emily Bett or Danielle Panabaker. Also, although I don't think online shipping will ever take over this series as it has taken over "Arrow" (thank God!), the Jessica/Luke love affair is everything that Olicity (or Lauriver, for that matter!) is not: intense, complicated (without getting soapy) and sizzling hot. The only drawback is that you're so tempted to binge watch the whole thing (hubby and I are currently on episode eight), which takes away some of the excitement of waiting for a new episode!

Comment

I already saw the whole season there was one moment I had to look away it was in episode 12 when [SPOILER]Kilgrave forced the person Jessica and Luke where following to put hedge clippers in his mouth and fall forward forcing the clippers to protrude through the back of his skull.[/SPOILER]

Comment

Just not feeling the love for Ms. Jones. The pilot was decent, but then the pacing went into slow motion. David Tennant just can't pull off being evil, creepy yes, evil no. The fight scenes weren't particularly well done and were few and far between. The over arching theme of an abused woman sinking into a bottle, only to fight back against the man who attacked her has been done to death, and should be left to the lifetime network. Apparently Marvel didn't want to spring for more than one expression for the actress playing Jessica, because it never seemed to change. The fellow playing Luke Cage was a very bright spot in a very dark, depressing and hard to watch show.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎