Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jessica Jones (Netflix, formerly in development for ABC)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

From CBR:

It looks like Marvel's next Netflix hero has decided to be less ambiguous about her name.

Originally titled "Marvel's AKA Jessica Jones," the second series in the Marvel/Netflix deal has dropped "AKA" from its title and is now simply "Marvel's Jessica Jones." The change, noticed by TennantNews.com, was confirmed with Marvel by ComicBook.com.

Comment

I'm not familiar with this character, so I'm just assuming "AKA Jessica Jones" was the name of her series at some point. "Marvel's AKA Jessica Jones" is an awkward title, though.

Comment

Last edited by darkphoenix21; 07-17-2015, 06:47 PM.

Comment

From CBR:

Netflix has confirmed that "Jessica Jones," the second of Marvel Studio's Netflix series, will debut in the fourth quarter of 2015 (via IGN).

Though long rumored for a fall 2015 or winter 2016 release, this is the first official word that the show will, indeed, arrive later on this year. No exact date has been announced, but the time frame likely points to either November or December.

Comment

From Newsarama:

At a roundtable interview during the Television Critic's Association press tour (as reported by IndieWire), Jessica Jones executive producer Jeph Loeb and showrunner Melissa Rosenberg dropped some new details about the show, which Loeb calls a "psychological thriller."

"When we first sat down and started talking about Daredevil, what we said was, for all intents and purposes, it was a crime drama first and a superhero show second," said Loeb. "One of the things we’ve talked a lot about is that [Jessica Jones] is in many ways a psychological thriller first and then a superhero show second."

Loeb said that much of the show's psychological drama will stem from the show's villain, Zebediah Killgrave, A.K.A. the Purple Man, played by David Tennant.

"In the same kind of way Vincent D’Onofrio owned his half of Daredevil," he said, "you’ll see David Tennant own his half of Jessica Jones."

"What you get out of [Jessica Jones] is a sort of hold-your-breath tension as to what’s going to happen,” said Loeb. “When you see the dynamic between Krysten Ritter and David Tennant. That question of 'What’s going to happen next?' and 'What could happen next?' and how that’s driven by character is something that is so important to not just the scripts but also the way the show is shot, and the way that everyone reacts, and the way those two react with each other."
            In comic book on which Jessia Jones is based, Alias, Killgrave was a primary nemesis for Jones in her days as the superhero Jewel, using his mind control powers to subjugate and victimize her. It's unclear how much of their interaction will be lifted from comic books, but judging by the hard sell Loeb and Rosenberg are giving his role on the show, it seems that his powers and his sadistic streak will be in full effect.

Jessica Jones will premiere on Netflix in late 2015.

Comment

Last edited by jon-el87; 09-10-2015, 10:36 AM.

Comment

The teaser/promo could be a good title sequence for "Doctor Who", if they changed the music and shocked the fandom by making the next "Doctor" female.

Anyway, I wish they could have shown us some actual scenes from the series. I still don't know who/what Jessica Jones will be about (though it's also nice not to know much about it, too).

Comment

I saw a slew of photos from Jessica Jones and I can't get it out of my head that Kristen Ritter is not what I see as a "action hero" or "super hero" anything. She just seems too skinny and not attractive (to me at least). I may be wrong but looking at those pics I just thought "Ugh".

I'm sure the show will be top notch as Daredevil was so I'll still watch. Maybe she can turn me. It's just that everything I've ever seen her in has made me cringe at how much I don't like her.

Time will tell.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by shadow4486
                      I saw a slew of photos from Jessica Jones and I can't get it out of my head that Kristen Ritter is not what I see as a "action hero" or "super hero" anything. She just seems too skinny and not attractive (to me at least). I may be wrong but looking at those pics I just thought "Ugh".

I'm sure the show will be top notch as Daredevil was so I'll still watch. Maybe she can turn me. It's just that everything I've ever seen her in has made me cringe at how much I don't like her.

Time will tell.
                      Jessica Jones has never been the 'strong and sexy' type though. If you have a look through her comics and she never looks really good (e.g. Wonder Woman, Supergirl, Black Widow etc.), she looks odd and extremely skinny so for that reason alone I think they have casted her extremely well. To me that means they are actually wanting to draw people in by good story telling and keeping to the comics rather then just taking the usual route of casting someone who looks amazing.

Comment

Comment

Comment

What this makes me think about:

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
                              Carrie-Anne Moss has been cast in an unknown role. Seeing the name "Harper" floating around the web. However, that name comes from The Wrap and not marvel.com.
                              Minor update, Moss' character is now stated to be named "Jeryn Hogarth". Hogarth is a character from the comics (only there Hogarth's a man). So, we're either looking at a gender-reversed character or the first transgender character in the MCU (the former seems more likely, but the latter would be interesting).
                              Last edited by jon-el87; 10-11-2015, 03:54 AM.

Comment

Wil Traval will portray officer Simpson, who is an adaptation of Nuke.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎