Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jessica Jones (Netflix, formerly in development for ABC)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't mean to sound sexist with this notion at all, but I think Jessica Jones would still work better as a supporting character in a TV show about Cage and Iron Fist. The concept is interesting, but, I think Jessica works better on the periphery of the Marvel U.

Comment

Originally posted by Degobunny
      I like Carol as part of Jessica Jones...I really hope this show has a 'heroes for hire' vibe to it. The problem with trying to have a show about Carol Danvers is that her arch foe is Mystique, who is tied up with the X-Men which Fox has exclusive live action rights to at the moment.
      A shapeshifter. Carol wouldn't know her true name (which may not even be Raven Darkholme, according to Marvel.com), only refer to her by the name she goes by, when they first meet. In all likelyhood, she'll probably never be called "Mystique", going by the theme in Iron Man 1 & 2 and the Incredible Hulk, of the villain not being officially named. Nor is Mystique the only shapeshifter around. Basically, shapeshifters are the folk, that copyright laws forgot. As long as they don't call her Mystique or Raven Darkholme, there'd be nothing stopping them from giving Carol a shapeshifting villain.

Comment

Are they still trying to make this show?

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
          A shapeshifter. Carol wouldn't know her true name (which may not even be Raven Darkholme, according to Marvel.com), only refer to her by the name she goes by, when they first meet. In all likelyhood, she'll probably never be called "Mystique", going by the theme in Iron Man 1 & 2 and the Incredible Hulk, of the villain not being officially named. Nor is Mystique the only shapeshifter around. Basically, shapeshifters are the folk, that copyright laws forgot. As long as they don't call her Mystique or Raven Darkholme, there'd be nothing stopping them from giving Carol a shapeshifting villain.
          Maybe but Carol is so directly tried into the mutants that I think a show about her would be difficult unless Disney gets the rights back to the mutants. If they did a Carol Danvers show I would want to see Mystique, Wolverine and Rogue in the show, as they are all mutants Carol has strong ties too.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Son of Jor-El
          Are they still trying to make this show?
          yes
          Last edited by Degobunny; 08-06-2011, 04:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I still think, though, that Jessica Jones works best as a supporting character. As part of a Power Man & Iron Fist show, or (even better) the New Avengers, obviously with a different name? I'd love that. Rosenberg does seem to know the "universe" but how much can they do?

The other thing I'm wondering about is - what of Marvel's other adaptations? Are they TV universe too? Would love to see Agent Coulson from SHIELD interacting with Mockingbird, for example.

Comment

Sounds pretty dead to me.

I'd rather see Jessica as part of SHIELD at this point...

Comment

When do you think we'll get a casting announcement?

Comment

I don't know. I still wish it was Jennifer Garner, just for the joke that she's the star of another Alias.

Comment

Originally posted by KSiteTV
                    I still think, though, that Jessica Jones works best as a supporting character. As part of a Power Man & Iron Fist show, or (even better) the New Avengers, obviously with a different name? I'd love that. Rosenberg does seem to know the "universe" but how much can they do?

The other thing I'm wondering about is - what of Marvel's other adaptations? Are they TV universe too? Would love to see Agent Coulson from SHIELD interacting with Mockingbird, for example.
                    [SPOILER] So excited, 3 years later and we are finally going to see Coulson and Mockingbird interact on Agents of SHIELD [/SPOILER]

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
                      When do you think we'll get a casting announcement?
                      Hopefully soon!I would love to see Jones on the Daredevil show.

Comment

According to Deadline Marvel's invited a field of actresses to test for Jessica Jones. They say it includes Krysten Ritter, Alexandra Daddario, Teresa Palmer and Jessica De Gouw.

Comment

Krysten Ritter would be the most interesting choice out of those but I dont think any of them scream perfect Jessica Jones choice. Marvel is usually pretty good about casting there leads.

Comment

Comment

Great casting, it's been a terrific week for Marvel Studios.

Comment

Well the went with the best choice out of the candidates. Ritter will defiently be able to pull off the foul mouth likeability to the character. Apparently there is fanboy rage over Daddario not being cast. I don't get it. She would have been a total miscast. I could see her as Captain Marvel though.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎