Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We're halfway through the season. Opinions?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The writers had plenty of time since the final season was announced and there is no excuse for trying to jam in so many storylines that they all end up suffering. And the whole VRA plot is a huge disaster.

And I know most here hated Lana with a passion, but Clark's feelings for her seemed much less forced than with Lois. Something just isn't clicking with the portrayal of Clark/Lois relationship, imo.

Comment

I don't see anything wrong with Clark's feelings for Lois, I think their fine. Tom and Erica do a fabulous job. The portrayal of the relationship is probably one my fav's in this series right behind Jonathan and Martha IMO. I guess its all subjective.

Comment

No matter how many re-tellings of the Superman story there are there are certain elements of the story that just cannot be changed. It isn't a Superman story without them. His basic powers, Kryptonite, the glasses, his sheild, the Daily Planet, Jonathan and Martha Kent, Lois Lane. I am sure there are many other elements and characters that can be listed. But it just isn't a Superman story without them. Lois Lane is one of those. I am not saying they couldn't have done this prequel without her. They could have done the whole thing without her. But they didn't. With the character introduced so early in this particular re-telling of the early years of Clark Kent I see what they are doing with the two characters in this final season the most logical progression of the story.

I love the story of Superman. Lois Lane is as important an element to that story as Kryptonite. Certainly, the romance between the two is not the entire story of Superman but it just isn't Superman without it.

I love this season so far. The story line has been very well put together so far and has followed a logical progression. While individual episodes such as Patriot have been weaker than others none of them have been terrible or completely pointless. Each episode has contributed something to the over all story of the season and has advanced it in some way. And some individual episodes such as Homecoming, Luthor and Icarus have been outstanding.

I do worry that they may have too much going on that can be handled within the remaining 11 episodes. Clark has a few too many threats to contend with. There is Darkseid, the Lex clone and Lionel. Dealing with just one of those within a season might have been enough. But I am going to wait to see the whole thing before I form that judgment.

Comment

The people in charge just seemed to be trying harder last season, perhaps because they were on a new day and didn't know if they would get a S10. It's sad that they tried so hard last year and just dropped the ball this year.

Comment

Underwhelming overall. Very underwhelming. JMO

Comment

you really see how bad some of the things in this season are, when you watch some of the early season episodes...the dialogue between lex and lionel, the on site locations that actually made smallville at metropolis feel real, and of course the fx budget...the fight in delete for example was longer than just about every just about any action sequence the last two years and was well choreographed, the fx in vessel/zod were amazing (the Chlark save was spectacular)...now when we do (rarely) get a great fx sequence (like Hawkman saving Lois in Icarus) it means NO fx for the next 5 episodes...throw in the whole chunks of episodes happening in offscreenville and...letdown
              Last edited by Greenarrowjustice; 12-12-2010, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dyanara
                The people in charge just seemed to be trying harder last season, perhaps because they were on a new day and didn't know if they would get a S10. It's sad that they tried so hard last year and just dropped the ball this year.
                I think the producers really thought season 9 was going to be the last (many things indicated it) so they sort of shot themselves in the foot by writing it so well.

Comment

Originally posted by biggumt
                  I think the producers really thought season 9 was going to be the last (many things indicated it) so they sort of shot themselves in the foot by writing it so well.
                  yea Season 9 was amazing. I really enjoyed the Kandorian storyline and the build up to it

----- Added 4 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Greenarrowjustice
                  you when you really see how bad some of the things in this season are, when you watch some of the early season episodes...the dialogue between lex and lionel, the on site locations that actually made smallville at metropolis feel real, and of course the fx budget...the fight in delete for example was longer than just about every just about any action sequence the last two years and was well choreographed, the fx in vessel/zod were amazing (the Chlark save was spectacular)...now when we do (rarely) get a great fx sequence (like Hawkman saving Lois in Icarus) it means NO fx for the next 5 episodes...throw in the whole chunks of episodes happening in offscreenville and...letdown
                  yea I think the problem is that the budget constraints should have factored into their decision to bring on such a huge villain like Darkseid. That is why they chose the route they did with him, the whole darkness satanic crap. Ok even accepting that, they are compounding the problem by bringing on villain after villain without tying their storylines to a greater arc, hence the disjointed feeling. Not to mention that they threw in fillers like Isis, Harvest, and Luthor in the mix instead of building up to what happened in Icarus. The result is that half of the development has occurred in offscreensville. I mean seriously overnight, Metropolis turned into a tyrannical state w/ curfews, checkpoints, and policed by the Gestapo. Where was the build up to that?

----- Added 13 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by rainbowtrout
                  The writers had plenty of time since the final season was announced and there is no excuse for trying to jam in so many storylines that they all end up suffering. And the whole VRA plot is a huge disaster.

And I know most here hated Lana with a passion, but Clark's feelings for her seemed much less forced than with Lois. Something just isn't clicking with the portrayal of Clark/Lois relationship, imo.
                  Well you can thank Stallville for that. The Clois relationship should have started building up in Season 7, they should have been dating in Season 8, they should have resolved the secret and etc in Season 9, and they should have just transitioned into Season 10 as a functional couple without having entire episodes revolve around them and their issues. The writers stalled them so much and crammed everything in the first half of S10 that the first half Season 10 seemed like Clois overload. Then the writers just began checking off milestones for them (with no real build up to it) instead of portraying them as a believable couple. This is where I have to agree with you that something is just not clicking.
                  Last edited by Cloisdestined; 12-12-2010, 04:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by rainbowtrout

You are just noticing this now? lol. I noticed this in Season 8. Really you've just got to look at it in a different way, like in a story-telling way, and roll with it. Even if you go back and look at Lana/Clark, there are signs of boredom.... I mean that's what you're trying to say right? Their isn't enough passion in the touches, kisses, ect? You're just not going to get that when the actor and actress are in serious relationships with other people. Sorry.

I mean Clois is like perfect. Not dysfunctional or anything. So unlike Clana.

Comment

Originally posted by Christina :)
                      You are just noticing this now? lol. I noticed this in Season 8. Really you've just got to look at it in a different way, like in a story-telling way, and roll with it. Even if you go back and look at Lana/Clark, there are signs of boredom.... I mean that's what you're trying to say right? Their isn't enough passion in the touches, kisses, ect? You're just not going to get that when the actor and actress are in serious relationships with other people. Sorry.

I mean Clois is like perfect. Not dysfunctional or anything. So unlike Clana.
                      Um thats horsecrap. Married actors and actress portray couples with passion all the time in other mediums. When you're an actor, this is part of the job. That excuse just doesn't cut it for me sorry.

Comment

Wasn't Tom married during the early seasons when he showed passion and love towards Alicia and Lana?
                        I understand how some can feel Clark's feelings for Lois seem forced; but I think it is an off and on thing.

Comment

well i hope theres a season 11 bc i wanna c more of " look up in the sky its a bird no its a plane no its SUPERMAN!!!!"

Comment

this season is the best....

...worst season ever IMO.

i have never not bothered to watch so many episodes live in one season. its boring. i thought s9 was the worst but thank to this c***, its now no 2 in my book. the season really started on a high note with lazarus, it was promising to be a great season , but it just went down hill from there, i roll my eyes on homecoming, its overrated and definately nowhere near the best episodes of the series IMO.

can the second half get any better, i would like to think so, but in all honest i have lost all the enthusiasm and passion for the show, hence which ever way, im glad the show is ending. No more suicide on the show i love.

anyway i really must "thank" the crapiness of s10, now it wont be difficult for me to leave the show behind, my addiction to the show is no more, im able to move on find another show, or a hobby.... i guess they are some good things coming out of this mess.
                            Last edited by BlueRanger; 12-12-2010, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenarrowjustice
                              you really see how bad some of the things in this season are, when you watch some of the early season episodes...the dialogue between lex and lionel, the on site locations that actually made smallville at metropolis feel real, and of course the fx budget...the fight in delete for example was longer than just about every just about any action sequence the last two years and was well choreographed, the fx in vessel/zod were amazing (the Chlark save was spectacular)...now when we do (rarely) get a great fx sequence (like Hawkman saving Lois in Icarus) it means NO fx for the next 5 episodes...throw in the whole chunks of episodes happening in offscreenville and...letdown
                              I hated these conversation for the most part because they were predictable and over the top. They were as frustratingly hackneyed as the Clana loft scenes were by Season 2. Also, all the on location filming and special effects in the world could not save the early seasons from their lazy and uninspired weekly meteor freak plotlines.

Comment

It's been a good season so far,better than season 9 IMO.

I like the fact that there insn't a main villain now, but I would like to see more of Superman's
                                develop than Justice league's reunions...
                                Last edited by Superman4lois; 12-12-2010, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎