Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kara has officially taken on the name SUPERGIRL!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't understand why people are angry. I think it's cool Kara is now called Supergirl. She paves the way for Clark to call himself Superman.

Comment

Originally posted by Estro-gen X

They have to get away from using 'Maiden', its incorrect as she is the 'Maid of Might'. Its from the '50's not the middle ages.
      Maiden sounds cooler. Maid sounds like she's sombody's Maid cleaning their house.

Comment

Its meant to sound like 'Maid Marion' or 'Old Maid' as in 'unmarried woman'

Comment

Originally posted by Tekken Force
          Well maybe it was a premature move by whoever was in charge of the props, putting the name under her picture and they didn't realise what they were doing, maybe they should have put "maiden of might" or something.

But the thing is, even if she's using that name, hasn't she been driven back underground almost immediately after the events of Supergirl and isn't being the public heroine anymore? Those secret meetings with Clark and all?

So I'm not entirely sure if his thunder has been stolen.
          That's true. They did do a similar mistake, with Bart, in season 8. A computor screen identified him as "the Flash", despite Bart still being Impulse.

Comment

I don't think its really a problem. I think it was more just a nod to fans with the poster. she was never called supergirl or named herself that. So I don't really have issue there.

Comment

They have to get away from using 'Maiden', its incorrect as she is the 'Maid of Might'. Its from the '50's not the middle ages.
              Oh...ok then.

Comment

Originally posted by LoD
                Well, you're entitled to your opinion, but I'm not buying it. If people want to make themselves miserable over it, though, that's their choice. I think we'll just have to agree to disagree.
                I'm not miserable at all. Quite the opposite.

I find it hilarious Welling's Clark gets so marginalized. It's just more of a reason why I dislike his character.

----- Added 5 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Estro-gen X
                Kara was always considered as good or better than him at the same age. Here is just one example, in the DC pre crisis reference guide Kara beats Superboy in everything except hero points http://comicboxcommentary.blogspot.c...irl-in-dc.html Post crisis she can out race adult Clark and is theorised to be stronger than him (Which he denies but has never been confirmed)
                The difference is, in the comics, Kara was always a teen when she was found with by an Adult Superman.

She's a teenage sidekick. Sure there's time travel episodes where she meets Superboy in the precrisis days.... but it always comes back to her being Adult Superman's inferior. Superman is the mentor.

On Smallville they are the same age. Superman will appear in a world where Supergirl, the same age as him, is already an established public superheroine with a face.

On Smallville, Kara has recently been written as more of a mentor, more stable than Clark. Chosen by Jor-El over him. Having flight. Revealing herself to the world publicly. Taking on the name Supergirl.
                Last edited by Superman of Krypton; 12-11-2010, 11:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

thats not fair, I'm sorry.

I've put up with alot of the ******** that goes on in Smallville, I was fine with Kara having the flight first, the secret I.D. first, hell even being known in public first, but the name.............that is Clark's and they just once again robbed him of that for no reason.

I love the show, I love Kara, but they have no right to do **** like that, they might as well never call him Superman at this point or even give him the suit, just leave him as The Blur and in his leather jacket....which is something I'm sad to say

Comment

Originally posted by JosephCAW
                    thats not fair, I'm sorry.

I've put up with alot of the ******** that goes on in Smallville, I was fine with Kara having the flight first, the secret I.D. first, hell even being known in public first, but the name.............that is Clark's and they just once again robbed him of that for no reason.

I love the show, I love Kara, but they have no right to do **** like that, they might as well never call him Superman at this point or even give him the suit, just leave him as The Blur and in his leather jacket....which is something I'm sad to say
                    It wouldn't be right in a faithful suited and booted all along Superman show, but this is Smallville. It's like Superman's story put in a blender.

Comment

She's been Supergirl pretty much since "Kara" when Chloe called her a "true blue Supergirl" to me anyways...

Apart from "Supergirl" Kara hasn't had influence on the people (atleast it's not shown) so Clark will still get to shine in the spotlight.

Comment

Originally posted by IluvKara
                        It wouldn't be right in a faithful suited and booted all along Superman show, but this is Smallville. It's like Superman's story put in a blender.
                        to a point I agree but come one, whats left for Clark other then left overs basically now, you know, plus........its his show and yet in stuff like this he just keeps getting pissed on.

They could have just called Kara "Blur Girl", how would they know the Blur was a guy? How many times has Lois said openly when talking about the Blur that it was a "he" lol or numerous others who said its a "he".

Better yet, just stick with Maid of Might, they already called her that.....stick with it, That or by the end of the next episode officially call Clark Superboy and drop the Blur title once and for all, he can even stay in the Blur suit while being Superboy cause its pretty much a copy of Conner Kent's outfit anyway lol

Comment

The Blur is just a horrible name though.

Quite possibly one of the lamest superhero names I've ever heard.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman of Krypton
                            The Blur is just a horrible name though.

Quite possibly one of the lamest superhero names I've ever heard.
                            I know it's pointless to say but Clark should have learned to fly and don the suit a couple of seasons ago. The focus could still remain on the relationship side. After all that the heroes like Kara could be like they are now and we wouldn't be as much offended.

The idea of this being an origin show and the producers stating there's no flight or tights or that when Clark becomes Superman the show is over maybe worked in the beginning. S8 pretty much gave the finger to this and it went on to be more than the origin show: Superman/superhero- show. S9 and 10 continue this but they still stall unneccesarily on few key things.

Seriously when heroes like Superman, Batman and Spider-Man became the heroes they still had alot to learn. The fact that Clark would wear the iconic suit and had the ability to fly wouldn't affect how the people look at him unless he does what he has in the seasons.

But back to topic: Kara had one episode this season and a couple of references, I don't think she'll jeopardize Clarks position any more than other heroes like Hawkman, MM or GA.

Comment

true the "Blur" is a dumb name, better names for him would have been "Boy Scout" (his original JLA name on the show lol) "Big Blue" "Superboy" "MAN OF STEEL" (last one he's used twice so why not continue).

You know if he did go by "Man of Steel" Kara going by "Maid of Might" would have worked amazingly, that way when they get there "real" names it would fit since it does go "Superman, the Man of Steel" and "The Maid of Might, Supergirl"........god non of this is that hard to figure out......and the producers have the funding to figure this out :S

@BoyScout: its not that she'll jeopardize Clark's position, we can all see that "The Blur" is still in the number one spot while "Supergirl" is in the number 4 spot (on that Most Wanted list). Its a matter of principal and giving the character what is rightfully there's and for Clark, it's to be called "Super" anything long before Kara.

Clark has had 3 names so far before he will be Superman (Boy Scout, Red/Blue Blur/The Blur), why not give the same treatment to Kara?

Comment

Originally posted by Superman of Krypton
                                It proves TPTB consider her Supergirl now. Therefore she is.

It doesnt surprise me considering they referred to her as Supergirl in interviews. I knew this was coming.

It makes sense though. She's already a public flying superheroine with a face and with god-like powers... revealed to the world.

Superman's future thunder, already stolen.
                                Well the name of the episode was Supergirl so just the title itself showed they considered her Supergirl already.
                                Superman will never have thunder on this show and everything is backwards. I don't even care anymore because we've been let down so much already. Half way through the end of the series and he still can't fly. Phewy..

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎