No announcement yet.

I guess Samuel's deal is off now

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess Samuel's deal is off now

I guess Samuel's deal is off now that Crowley (the holder of the contract) is dead.

This episode revealed that the deal was to have Crowley bring Mary back to life. It's apparent that Samuel made the deal after he was resurrected himself, became lonely & needed his daughter back. So we know why he made the deal. I'm surprised Dean didn't remind Samuel that Mary ran away from the life of hunting & bringing her back would be just like throwing her back into the danger & into a life she didn't want. She would hate Samuel for doing it. I'm also a little confused since in Home, I thought they revealed that Mary's soul was destroyed when it cancelled the energy of the poltergeist that was haunting the Winchesters' old home in Lawrence. But I think in Dark Side of the Moon it was revealed that the souls of Mary & John were both in Heaven.

This brings up a question---wouldn't Samuel, being the great hunter that he is, know that Crowley couldn't resurrect a human whose been dead & gone for 27-28 years? Demons can't resurrect totally decomposed bodies like angels can. When Azazel brought Dean back in In My Time of Dying, Dean wasn't dead, but very near death. When Dean made the crossroads deal to bring Sam back in All Hell Breaks Loose, Sam just recently died & his body wasn't yet rotting. When Dean was brought back from hell, it was angels (Castiel & others) who did it. Ruby herself said no demon can bring a person back like that.

Which now brings me to Samuel's return--which is the real mystery. Who brought him back? Was it Raphael or one of his allies? Or could it have been God, because Samuel fits a currently unknown purpose in His plan? And at the same time, who brought Sam's body back and where did they bring it back from? Did it get pulled out from the cage in hell or was it destroyed in the cage when he fell in Swan Song, only for his body to have been recreated without his soul? Either way, whoever brought Sam up specifically left his soul down in hell with Lucifer & Michael.

I agree that Samuel's deal, albeit even if it was never going to happen, is off, and I bet Samuel will be on the run trying other ways to bring Mary back as he does seem very selfish in that aspect.

And there was a MAJOR difference from just any demon bringing someone back from the dead and the King of Hell resurrecting someone. You have to give in some idea that someone proclaimed King of Hell can do such a thing.

Comment

Well, when Lilith was released from the opening of Hell's gate & was able to wander between Earth & the shallower parts of hell, I'd say she was the Queen of hell since she was the alpha demon & more powerful than anyone else down there. And Ruby knew Lilith & Lilith would have been included in the scope of "no demon I know could do that". It makes sense that a demon, who's a former soul that had been beaten away, would not have the power to resurrect a dead body & that only divine beings like angels or God (or even Death) could.

Comment

Then you must think that a demon wouldn't bring in the name of Lilith when mentioning that there isn't a demon that can ever do such a thing. But, it does makes sense that Lilith is able to resurrect someone as in, if Sam did ever die before breaking the last seal, then I'm sure the then Queen of Hell can just bring Lucifer's vessel back to life.

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎