No announcement yet.

Thoroughly disgusted by this episode

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoroughly disgusted by this episode

I found this whole episode disturbing. When we are introduced to Godrey, he is a radio host who is against illegal immigration and vigilantes. These are not bizarre, horrible positions that are only held by evil people. Furthermore, we see no indication that he is anything other than sincere.

At this point, I'm perfectly willing to believe that any normal person would be possessed, so I won't fault the writers any political motivation for choosing Godfrey to be possessed by the big bad.

Now skip to the end of the episode. Lois takes pictures of Godfrey in a strip club, so she can destroy his reputation. Kara expels the darkness from Godfrey, and Lois is rescued.

Now do Kara or Clark prevent Lois from spreading her story that will undoubtedly destroy Godfrey's life? No. Despite the fact that the man was possessed, and his behavior was being controlled by an alien entity, Clark allows Lois to destroy this man's life. But hey, it's okay because he's right wing, right? It is apparently okay to destroy people for the perfectly rational desire to crack down on vigilantes.

I loved this episode and it is one that I would watch again and again, clark flying or not. I disagree godfrey wanted to discredit the heros that were saving people, SAVING PEOPLE! They did no harm but to save lives and in the big scheme of things the man was a lier and stopping the hero was putting peoples lives at risk. So no I don't find it disgusting. This reminds me of the person who said the towers in the persuasion episode were supposed to in some way resemble the twin towers.......am no.
    This is a show not real life.......go with the flow

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by snookums
    I found this whole episode disturbing. When we are introduced to Godrey, he is a radio host who is against illegal immigration and vigilantes. These are not bizarre, horrible positions that are only held by evil people. Furthermore, we see no indication that he is anything other than sincere.

At this point, I'm perfectly willing to believe that any normal person would be possessed, so I won't fault the writers any political motivation for choosing Godfrey to be possessed by the big bad.

Now skip to the end of the episode. Lois takes pictures of Godfrey in a strip club, so she can destroy his reputation. Kara expels the darkness from Godfrey, and Lois is rescued.

Now do Kara or Clark prevent Lois from spreading her story that will undoubtedly destroy Godfrey's life? No. Despite the fact that the man was possessed, and his behavior was being controlled by an alien entity, Clark allows Lois to destroy this man's life. But hey, it's okay because he's right wing, right? It is apparently okay to destroy people for the perfectly rational desire to crack down on vigilantes.
    am I missing something, is smallville actually real
    Last edited by aerdna; 11-22-2010, 11:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
    X
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎