Collapse
No announcement yet.

Legacy (Clark and Tess)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope this is long enough. It's 7 pages typed and 11 pages handwritten (yeah I'm old school so sue me). And it's a bit Cless lite but necessary for the overall plot which will start to kick in soonish.

Disclaimer: I do not own Smallville. If I did, Luthor would have aired 4 days ago.

Chapter 5

“Wakey Wakey sleeping beauty.”

Tess rolled over, swatting at the annoying voice attempting to wake her. Her hand connected with a strong jaw.

“Ow. You know that violence isn’t always the answer don’t you Tess?”

“Oliver.” Tess opened an eye to glare at the handsome blonde billionaire standing over her. “What are you doing here?”

“I’m taking you and junior to the zoo.” He answered cheerfully. “Now up and at ‘em.”

Tess sat up, unsure if she was hearing right. “The zoo.” She repeated.

Oliver nodded. “Yup.”

“You who hates animals is taking me and Jonathan to the zoo.” She looked at him incredulously.

He flung the sheet off her. “Things change. Now get up. Breakfast is on the table.”

“You cooked breakfast?”

“Don’t look so worried; it’s insulting.” Oliver told her, holding out her dressing gown. “Clark cooked it before he left.”

She stood and took the dressing gown. “Where’d he go?” It was a Saturday; even Clark Kent didn’t work Saturdays at the Planet.

“Hardware store. Said he wanted to fix up some things.” Oliver answered over his shoulder as they descended the stairs.

“Essa!” Jonathan called from his high chair. The chair was positioned it was clearly visible from both the kitchen and lounge room so he could see everything but, more importantly, so the adults could see him.

“What am I? The doorman?” Oliver demanded playfully, a mock hurt expression on his face.

“Unca Ollie.” Jonathan pointed at him. “Silly.”

Tess laughed while Oliver looked put out. “What have you been saying to my godson?”

“The truth.” Tess replied cheerfully, taking her seat at the table and digging into her cereal.

“Essa! Zoo.” Jonathan declared, visibly excited. “See fons.”

Oliver frowned. “Do you mean lions?”

“No he means dolphins.” Tess answered.

“Brainwashing him already?” Oliver teased.

“At least I didn’t give him a bow and arrow set.” Tess retorted, remembering the chaos the baby sized gift had caused with a smile.

“How was I supposed to know that it was for kids 3 and over?”

Tess snorted. “Read the label.” There was a ‘duh’ her tone.

“Eat up and shut up.” Oliver told her flippantly, ignoring her statement. “We gotta go soon.”

“So why are we going to the zoo again?” She asked between mouthfuls.

“Do I have to have a reason?” Oliver asked, collecting the now empty plate.

“You always have a reason, Oliver.”

He ignored the implicit jibe at their past, turning to put the dishes in the sink. “Can’t a guy spend a day with his family?”

“I suppose so.” She watched Oliver with his back to her. He was planning something. She was sure of it.

The Metropolis zoo was packed. They past a myriad of families strolling around the park. The crowded paths becoming harder to navigate with Jonathan trying to escape them. “Not so fast Baby.” Tess plucked him up off the ground as he started moving at a non-human speed.

Oliver looked around to make sure no one saw. “Who knew the zoo was so popular.” He commented.

“Some people like animals.” Tess told him as they ambled towards the tiger enclosure. “They remind them of certain people.” She looked at him with a pointed teasing expression.

“Ha ha.” He drawled. “Look Jonathan, tigers.” He pointed the three orange and blacked stripped tigers lounging around in the grass behind the fence.

Jonathan mimicked his godfather’s action. He pointed at the tiger and yelled, “Kitty!”

“Big kitty.” Oliver agreed with a smile. The boy was adorable.

“My kitty. Kitty play” Jonathan squirmed in Tess’ arms, trying to get loose so he could play with the tigers. Tess winced as his foot connected with her ribcage.

“Easy buddy.” Oliver took him out her arms before he could seriously hurt her. “You don’t wanna hurt Tess.” He whispered to the boy.

Jonathan looked up at him questioningly then calmed down a fraction. “Wanna play.” He pouted.

People around them laughed at his antics. “You’ll be mince meat dearie.” An elderly woman told him with a smile.

“You don’t want to play with them.” Tess said gently, also holding back a smile. “They’re too big.”

“Me big.”

Tess chuckled. “Not big enough.”

Oliver shifted the boy onto his shoulders so he could see the tigers better. “I’ll tell you what buddy. You be good for Tess and Daddy and when you’re as strong Daddy, I’ll buy you a tiger.”

“Tiger?” Jonathan repeated, not fully understanding anything but the word.

“Oliver…” Tess complained. Knowing the man-child as she did, the promise may actually be fulfilled. That’s gonna be fun.

“Bribery and corruption. Why am I not surprised?” Lex Luthor said from behind them. Everyone in the viewing room turned to stare at him. He looked out of place in his suit and tie compared to the jeans and T shirts everyone else wore.

“Just taking a leaf out of your book, Lex.” Oliver replied lightly. “Your family did write the book on it, right?”

“Careful,” Lex warned with a small smirk. “My sister may take offence to that.”

“None taken,” Tess said with a rivalling smirk. She remembered how to play his game even if she didn’t want to.

Lex held out a hand to her. “Care to take a walk?”

“She’s not going anywhere with you.” Oliver moved in front of her protectively. People were starting to watch the spectacle with interest. It wasn’t everyday you saw the future President argue with his somewhat estranged sister.

“I can speak for myself Oliver.” Tess told him coolly, walking forward. “You have 1 minute.” They couldn’t afford any longer or any more people to stare at them. Jonathan’s secret needed to be protected.

Lex steered her into a private corner of the room. “I should have predicted the animosity. We didn’t part on good terms.”

“You have 55 seconds left.” Tess told him, watching Oliver and Jonathan take a seat at a table. Oliver nodded to her, letting her know he had her back. She mentally started counting down. 54, 53

“It’s simple. I’m going to be the President so I won’t have time to run LuthorCorp so I’m giving it back to the person I trust: you.”

Tess stopped thinking, shocked. “You trust me?”

The bald man nodded. “Yes. You ran the company efficiently in my previous absence, apart from the merger.”

“I seem to remember certain cameras.” Tess’ voice dropped in volume to a near whisper. “Bionic cameras. In my eyes.”

“An insurance policy. I barely knew you then.” He shrugged it off cavalierly. “Won’t happen again.”

“No, it won’t.” Tess declared, standing up to the man that had saved and destroyed her. “I’m not your blind lackey anymore Lex. I’m not that naïve.”

“You’re naïve enough to believe in redemption.” He took a step towards her, invading her personal space. “That is what you’re trying to do, isn’t it? Erase all your demons in your heart by helping Clark.” He began to whisper in her ear. “If Clark knew the things you’ve done, do you think he would let you raise his child?”

She froze at the low blow, her mind racing and doubts only eased last night surfaced with a vengeance. Her eyes found Jonathan and he smiled at her. All doubts left her mind. It’s the ultimate trust, Clark’s words floated back to her. She regained her composure and a slow deliberate smirk played on ruby lips. She gave her half brother a cold look. “Are you that desperate Lex? No one else wants your dirty washing?” She leant over and whispered in his ear. “I am not your family. I will never work for you again.” Tess turned on her heel and left the President Elect in her wake.

Seeing her approach, Oliver stood up and passed her Jonathan. “You okay?”

She hugged Jonathan, breathing in his scent, trying to suppress the pain Lex made her remember. “I will be.” Jonathan babbled incoherently and she almost smiled. “Can we just go?” She looked up at Oliver, her emerald eyes almost pleading with him.

“Sure.” Oliver led the way out, following the winding path. After a minute he asked the question he’d been waiting to ask. “What did he want?”

“To give me my old job back.”

Oliver’s eyebrows shot skywards. “Really?”

She nodded. “Can we just go home now?”

“How about we go see the dolphins?” Oliver suggested, his fingers fidgeting slightly.

Tess’ narrowed her eyes. “What are you planning?” She asked suspiciously.

“Nothing.” A knowing smirk gave him away.

“It’s not your surprise is it?”

He grinned broadly. “Nope.”

Clark stood back and admired his handiwork. He was impressed with himself, it had exceeded his expectations. The doubt starting creeping in as he heard Oliver’s 4WD pull up the drive. Maybe I should have done red instead of blue, he thought. Maybe she’ll hate it.

“Oliver, is the blind fold necessary?” He heard Tess ask. “I can’t see a thing.”

Oliver laughed. “That’s the point. Just wait a second. I have to get Jonathan out of this contraption. And stop trying to peak.”

“I hate surprises.” Tess grumbled under her breath.

“I wouldn’t have guessed. “ Oliver drawled dryly, finally freeing Jonathan from the car seat.

“You’ll like this one.” Clark told her, walking up to her.

“Dada!” The baby squealed seeing his father.

“Clark?” Tess asked unnecessarily.

“Watch the step here.” He guided her up the front stairs. “Turn.” He looked back over his should. “You have Jonathan Oliver?”

“Yes.” Oliver told him, carrying Jonathan in the door.

“Do I get a hint?” Tess asked.

“It’s something that you’ll need now that you basically live here.” Clark answered cryptically.

“Is it a new bed?”

Clark laughed. “Kinda.” He positioned her in front of a door at the end of the hallway. “Okay you can open your eyes now.”

She eagerly took off the blindfold and stared at what as in front of her. A door. She frowned. “That wasn’t there this morning.”

“Wasn’t it?” Clark couldn’t hide his grin. “Open it.”

She complied, her expression changing from confusion to shock then delight as she processed what was she saw. Tess turned to him, a mega watt smile lighting up her face. “You built me a room?”

“Yep.” He nodded proudly. It was as big as the master bedroom upstairs with 3 white walls and an ocean blue feature wall. A queen sized bed was guarded by two nightstands and a vase of red roses rested atop of one.

“Thank you.” She threw her arms around him and held him tight. “I love it. Thank you.”

“It was my pleasure.” He replied honestly.

Comment

Aw so sweet. I liked all the interactions. Knowing Oliver he probably would by a Tiger for Jonathan. Building Tess her own room was a nice touch!

Comment

Oh I so love it!! Now I understand why I only got a quarter of a cookie. *munches on it* very good chapter.. Oh I can't wait for more! Never saw a whole bedroom coming but should have known. Clark is a one man construction crew. Such a sweet man *falls in love all over again*

PPMS

Comment

Knowing Oliver he probably would by a Tiger for Jonathan
          Yeah he would. I want a godfather like that.

Clark is a one man construction crew. Such a sweet man *falls in love all over again*
          Me too. sigh. We can dream right?

Comment

great chapter! i love my quarter of a cookie loved all the interactions even lex came off evily well . ppms

Comment

I love tigers! Can Oliver buy me one too?! Great chapter.

Comment

great chapter!! can't wait for more cless interaction. ppms.

Comment

Yay, I get a cookie! Yum, chocolate chip, my favorite. Very good chapter, longer and much much better. It's funny how Lex can be so charming and creepy at the same time. Love that Clark built her a room, sigh, I need an cute, caring, alien boy in my life too. Anyway, thanks for updating and PPMS!

-The Cat

Comment

The Tess and Lex interaction was great, the brother-sister angle makes him seem even more evil when he talks to her. Great work on this, it's getting better and better every chapter. The Cless stuff is building up nicely.

Comment

Just caught up...

Just caught up with the story and I love how it is turning out. Love how Tess talked some sense into Clark and then he repays her by bulding her a room. Love the addition of Oliver and Tess his friendship coming back. Can't wait for more love how this is turning out.

Comment

this is a very good story and good writing. i love the plot line and the build up. i tried to give cless a try because this is so good but i just cant i dont see the chermisty but good luck to you and continue writing in this awesome way. enjoy clessers
                        Last edited by doodie8808; 12-01-2010, 07:08 PM.

Comment

loved all the interactions even lex came off evily well
                          Thanks, I wasn't sure about him.

I love tigers! Can Oliver buy me one too?!
                          I don't know... Maybe you should ask him. I adore tigers too. I got to pet one at the begining of the year. I was so excited/terrified that I can barely remember it!.

[QUOTE][ Love that Clark built her a room, sigh, I need an cute, caring, alien boy in my life too/QUOTE]
                          Me too.

The Tess and Lex interaction was great, the brother-sister angle makes him seem even more evil when he talks to her.
                          It does make him more evil doesn't it? I hate the fact he never told her.

Just caught up with the story and I love how it is turning out. Love how Tess talked some sense into Clark and then he repays her by bulding her a room. Love the addition of Oliver and Tess his friendship coming back. Can't wait for more love how this is turning out.
                          Thanks for reading and for the sweet comment

this is a very good story and good writing. i love the plot line and the build up. i tried to give cless a try because this is so good but i just cant i dont see the chermisty but good luck to you and continue writing in this awesome way.
                          Well thanks for reading. I can understand what you mean so thanks for trying.

And to everyone else, thanks for reading and sorry for the wait. This is a hectic time of year but here is the next chapter:

Disclaimer: I do not own Smallville. If I did, Cless would actually have happened already.

Chapter 6

Crack. Clark was woken by the sound of breaking wood. He flung out of bed, running to the source of the noise. Jonathan’s room. He swung the door open with such force that it nearly fell of its hinges, looking for the noise’s source. And he found it.

Jonathan sat in the middle of the room with two wood bars from his cot in his hands. He looked up with pleading eyes, a little frightened of the commotion. “Dada.”

Clark calmed immediately, relieved there was no intruder and everyone was safe. It was only his super powered son getting into mischief. He’d pulled enough bars off his cot that he was able to crawl through the hole and escape. Clark picked him and put Jonathan back in his cot. “If this is what you’re like now, you’re gonna be a handful when you’re a teenager aren’t you?”

Jonathan gave him an innocent smile and reached for his father. “Dada. Story.”

“No. Jonathan sleep.” Clark mimicked his son’s baby talk. It wasn’t doing anything to improve Jonathan’s speech development, probably damaging it, but it was fun.

“Story,” He demanded, pouting. Jonathan had proved to be as stubborn and strong willed as his parents. There was no compromising when he was like this.

Clark sighed and sat in the chair put next to the cot for this reason. “Once upon a time there was a beautiful princess-“
                          “Essa!” Jonathan chimed in.
                          Clark chuckled. “A beautiful princess called Princess Essa,” he stressed the words and Jonathan giggled. “And she was locked up by her evil stepmother and forced to work as…”

At dawn, Clark woke with a start. He’d fallen asleep telling the story. He rolled his neck, working out the kinks and realised something was amiss. It was too quiet. Clark looked over to see that his son’s cot was empty. “The stealthy little…” He x-rayed the room to check if Jonathan was hiding there but it was empty.

Clark checked all of the upstairs rooms before he heard the patter of little footsteps downstairs. Found you.

He took the stairs slowly, not wanting to surprise the boy into screaming. Tess would kill him for scaring her like that. Clark rounded the corner in time to see Jonathan disappear into Tess’ room. Crap.

Clark rushed into the room, trying to avert his son from waking the woman. Nightmares made Tess volatile to wake at night. He stopped, knowing he was too late, watching Jonathan cautiously climb up onto the bed. The boy crawled up to the head of the bed and nestled next to Tess. Clark held his breath but she didn’t stir. He exhaled, relieved and started to smile. The scene before him was endearing; they looked like a family.

“You do realise you’re staring.” Tess spoke up, startling him out of his thoughts. She bit back a smile when he jumped.

“He woke you.”

“Well he’s not exactly stealthy is he?” She ran a hand through Jonathan’s dark baby hair. Tess caught Clark’s embarrassed expression. “He got passed you though.”

“Yeah,” Clark admitted. He had super-hearing, how did he not hear?

“Don’t beat yourself up. I’m used to being woken up by little noises. You’re not.”

Clark changed the subject. “What are you doing today?”

“Oliver wants me to drop by the office and help him with some things. What about you? Chasing any hot stories?” She said, using the vernacular she learnt at the Planet.

“Cat wants me to help her on one. Probably do that.” Clark shrugged nonchalantly.

“Want me to come by at lunch and save you from overdosing on saccharine sweet?” Tess asked with a glint of humour in her eyes. She remembered the blonde reporter and her amusing and somewhat irritating antics well.

“I’ll call you if I do.” Clark smiled and leant against the door frame. He nodded at Jonathan. “He’s asleep again.”

“He’ll sleep anywhere.” Tess said. “Yesterday he fell asleep at the mall.”

“Really? I wish I could do that.” Sleep was evading him at the moment.

“I know, it would make everything easier.”

“It would.” Clark looked out the bay window to the lightening sky. “I should do a fly over before Cat ties me down.”

“You could always point out a squirrel and she’ll run away screaming. She’s terrified of them.” Tess suggested lightly.

“Maybe.” He leant over and kissed Jonathan on the head. Clark zoomed out the door and Tess watched a red-blue blur streak skywards.

5 hours later and Clark was seriously considering taking up Tess’ offer. Cat was chugging caffeine like it was water in a desert and speaking so fast he was starting to have trouble understanding her. “So what,” he asked. “You want to go undercover to catch this senator in the act?”

“Yep.” She nodded confidently. “And I want you to be there in case anything goes wrong. Which it won’t, cos I’m totally prepared. I’ve been reading this how to guide for acting and it’s really helping. I think I’m better than Jennifer Anniston, which honestly isn’t that hard.”

Clark resisted the urge to roll his eyes. This was going to be a disaster. “So where are we going undercover again?”

“A strip club.” Upon seeing Clark’s face fall, she continued. “But I don’t plan on doing anything like that. I’ll just get my photos and vamoose….”

Clark didn’t hear her. Images of stars and strips were floating through his head. Lois…. A phone’s shrill ring interrupted Cats monologue and Clark from his reverie. Clark snatched it up quickly. “Kent.”

“Jonathan’s gone.” Tess said, panic obvious in her voice.

“Sorry Cat, I’ve got to take this.” He walked out of earshot. “What do you mean gone?” Clark’s voice dropped low. This can’t be happening, he thought starting to panic. I can’t loose him too.

Tess spoke fast, anxiety speeding up her words. “He was throwing a tantrum and he ran out through the door. I can’t find him anywhere in the yard.”

“I’ll be right there.” Clark hung up and ducked into a copy room before zooming to the farm. It looked like a war zone. There was a Jonathan sized hole in the front door and through it Clark could see the mess inside. The TV was lying on the floor, its screen shattered, books littered the floor and the lamps had been tossed aside like sticks.

Tess ran out to meet him, pale faced. “I’m so sorry.”

“When did he go?”

“4, maybe 5 minutes ago. I thought he’d just gone to the barn but he wasn’t there.” Tess answered quickly. “Clark I’m so sorry.”

“It’s not your fault.” Clark told her, resting a hand on her shoulder. “Now stay here in case he comes back.” He launched skywards, eyes looking for his missing son. Tess was right; Jonathan wasn’t in the yard. Clark flew south, checking the river first then the highway. His heart was racing, adrenaline flowing. I can’t loose him. He spotted a familiar red shirt amidst a sea of corn and swooped down. “Jonathan!” Relief swept through him.

“Dada!” Jonathan cried, running to him.

Clark caught him and held him tight, spinning in a circle. He started laughing with relief and joy. “I love you Buddy. Don’t do that ever again.”

“Sowie.” Jonathan said into his shoulder.

Clark leant back so he could see his son’s tear stained face. “We should get you back. Tess is really worried.” Which may be an understatement. I’ve never seen her like that, he added silently.

Jonathan’s bottom lip started quivering. “Essa mad.”

“A bit,” Clark said honestly. “But she will be very, very happy to see you. You gotta say sorry though and never run away like that again.”

He was too young to understand the consequences of his actions. “Dada.”

“Let’s get you home.” Clark flew home, his pulse slowly going back to normal. That was something he never wanted to go through again. “Tess!” He yelled as he landed. “I found him!”

She sprinted out of the broken front door. “Jonathan!”

Clark passed him over to the relieved woman. “He was out in Miller’s field about 20 miles away.”

She sighed, hugging the boy close. “Don’t do that again.” A tear rolled down her cheek.

Jonathan wiped at it. “Essa sad?”

“No. Essa happy.” Tess gave a watery smile. “Essa very happy.”

Clark smiled. Rarely did he see Tess openly displaying this kind of emotion. She really did love his son. “Everyone’s happy.”

“But I am seriously considering lojacking you.” Tess told Jonathan seriously. He laughed and poked her in the face. “You scared me.”

“I think he scared everyone.” Clark said, “We’re going to have to be more careful now.”

“I know.”

“I’ll run to the hardware store to get something to fix up the door, can you keep him occupied in there?”

“I won’t let him out of my sight.” Tess promised.

Clark nodded and ran to the store, returning 3 minutes later with plaster board under his arm. He fixed up the door and walked inside. “Tess?” He called.

“In here.” Her reply came from her bedroom. Clark opened the door to find them lying on her bed reading Sleeping Beauty. “All fixed?”

“Except for the mess in the lounge room.” Clark sat on the edge of the bed; Jonathan crawled over and sat in his lap. “Did he break the TV?”

Tess nodded. “Put his fist through it and threw it on the floor when I said he couldn’t watch it.”

“I guess no one’s watching it tonight.” Clark ran a hand through Jonathan’s hair, still coming to terms with what he almost lost.

“Obviously.” Tess said dryly, watching them.

“Play ball.” Jonathan demanded, speaking up suddenly. He shimmed down off Clark’s lap and onto the floor. Standing, he looked up expectantly at his father and Tess.

“Maybe later,” Clark said. “I’ve got to go back to work. Cat will be wondering where I am.” Jonathan’s bottom lip started quivering.

Tess quickly intervened. They had survived one tantrum, they didn’t need another one. “How about we finish the story?”

Jonathan thought about it for a moment. “Kay.” He agreed reluctantly before grabbing hold of one of Tess’ hands and climbing back on the bed.

Clark didn’t miss her miniscule wince at the sudden pressure. “What was that?” He asked.

“What was what?” She replied, looking up with an expression that Clark hadn’t seen in years. She was hiding something.

“That wince. Are you hurt?”

“Clark, I’m fine. You should get back to work.” Tess picked up the book and started to read.

Clark snatched the book away. Two pairs of green eyes looked at him, one in curiosity and the other in anger. “I can tell your hiding something.”

“I’m hiding a lot of things. I’m hiding what I got Jonathan for Christmas.”

“Stop deflecting the question.” Clark told her sternly.

“There’s nothing to deflect from Clark.” Tess replied coolly. “Now if you don’t mind giving me the book back, your son wants his story.”

Clark held out the book and Tess reached for it. He grabbed her arm lightly and pulled up her sleave. There was a bruise forming already. “Why didn’t you say anything?”

Tess snatched her hand away. “It’s nothing. I’ve had worse.”

Clark gave her a hard look. “Tess, you could die and say you’ve had worse.”

“It’s nothing. I can handle it.” She repeated. “I’m not fragile.”

“I know that. It’s nothing to be ashamed of Tess, Jonathan’s strength is increasing. It’s not your fault.”

“I know it’s not my fault.” She was about to add something then looked down at Jonathan who was watching them like the conversation was a tennis match. “We shouldn’t be discussing this in front of him.”

“Yes you’re right.” Clark stood to leave and saw the relief in her eyes. He picked up Jonathan and zoomed upstairs, putting him in holey cot. “Don’t move.” He said and left the room. He sat down on the bed, opposite Tess. “Now we can talk.”

“That’s not what I meant.” She said, narrowing her eyes.

“I know. I’m not leaving until you tell me why you didn’t tell me you were hurt. I need to know Tess. I can’t have you getting hurt on my watch.”

“I’m not your responsibility.”

“No, you’re my friend.” Clark told her gently.

“And friends let friends keep their secrets.” Tess retorted, standing up. “I’ve got to go clean up.”

Clark grabbed her uninjured wrist and held her back. “We don’t have any secrets anymore.”

“Everyone has secrets Clark.” Tess told him.

“At least let me strap that wrist. That bruise is bone deep.”

She sighed. “Fine.” Tess led the way to the kitchen, jumped on a chair and sullenly held out her wrist.

Clark grabbed the first aid kit and removed the bandages. “We have white, brown and the wiggles. Personally, I’d take the Wiggles”

Tess rolled her eyes. “White please.”

Clark complied, reaching over and started slowly wrapping her wrist. “Is what Lex said bothering you?”

Tess looked up, surprised. “No.”

“Because if you wanted to go back to…”

She cut him off. “I never want to go back.” The fervour in her voice shocked him and he worked out why she was hiding the injury.

“You thought that if you got hurt, I would make you leave.” The downward glance let him know he was right. “Well I won’t.” She looked up. “You love Jonathan, anyone can see that and he loves you. Last night I was made up a story for him and he called the princess ‘Essa’.” He smiled, lifting up her chin with a finger. “You’re a part of our lives. I don’t care if you’re more fragile than us. I do care that you don’t tell me when you’re hurt.”

“Clark, I –“

Clark held up a hand, silencing her. “I know that you’re past isn’t exactly congruent with trust but trust me when I say that I need you. You’re the only other person Jonathan listens too; the only other person who could raise him. Like it or not, you’re stuck with us.”

Her eyes shone with unshed tears. “Thank you. I think I needed to hear that.”

Clark put the bandage clip on, securing the bandage. “Now that that’s cleared up, how about I go to Japan and grab some sushi and we can have an early dinner before we clean up this mess. Cat can wait for another day.”

Tess nodded, still smiling.

“See you soon.” Clark left in a blur, leaving a content Tess behind.

Comment

Awwww! Okay it's official ... I'm hooked! I love the Tessa and Jonathon relationship, it warms the cockels of my heart

Comment

Another good one. Good Tess knows how much Clark needs her.

Comment

Oh oh love it!! More please!!

Boy is Jonathan a handful.. and princess Essa.. love it. and Clark.. ever the sweet heart.
                                and while I don't like Cat your portrayal of her is spot on...i could so hear her in my head.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎