Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Suppose Clark Will Be Superman In Offscreenville???

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Suppose Clark Will Be Superman In Offscreenville???

WTF is going on in this season?!? "I am an alien" in offscreenville? "Little Kid, I Came Back For You" in offscreenville?! "I Gave (?) Lois The Ring In Offscreenville"? "I Escaped Kryptonite Cage, And Everyone Got Out Alive" in Offscreenvile?!?

WTF?! I know budgets are hard (and I am not sure this is due to budget, maybe it's just sloppy writing) but this is getting ridiculous!
    I suppose Clark will first FLY PROPERLY IN OFFSCREENVILLE? HE WILL DON THE SUIT IN OFFSCREENVILLE? Oh, wait! Maybe Clark will say "There is something I must do" in the final episode, and then we will get the black screen and the executive producers' names?!

Regularly, when there ARE people saying this or that episode is crap, I at least give it at least a 7. But I have a hard time giving THIS episode more than 6!
    Previous episode, we had the whole Tess family story crap, JUST BECAUSE THEY HAD TO SHOW THE SCENE AT THE END, WITH THE "TRINITY" OF VILLAINS. In this one, we got cheesy dialogue, awkardness endless, and then TEN MINUTES of "Clark is so great" and "we must trust each other"!!! How about some ACTION?

Oh, wait, ACTION TAKES PLACE AT OFFSCREENVILLE!
    Mercy, already!

Well... I see where are you coming from

offscreenville proposal and offscreeenville fight with Darkseid will probably top what we (havent) got so far

Comment

If they had trouble shooting a scene with an underwater explosion, they could have used footage from Aqua. It's not like they didn't do that anyway in this episode.

Actually Plotholeville annoyed me more than Offscreenville this week.

Comment

I know. The whole season has been so nonsensical. Filled with holes they expect us to fill... With critical stuff happening offscreenville! They should really change the name of the show to Nonsenseville or Offscreenville.

Comment

Originally posted by menthys
          WTF is going on in this season?!? "I am an alien" in offscreenville? "Little Kid, I Came Back For You" in offscreenville?! "I Gave (?) Lois The Ring In Offscreenville"? "I Escaped Kryptonite Cage, And Everyone Got Out Alive" in Offscreenvile?!?

WTF?! I know budgets are hard (and I am not sure this is due to budget, maybe it's just sloppy writing) but this is getting ridiculous!
          I suppose Clark will first FLY PROPERLY IN OFFSCREENVILLE? HE WILL DON THE SUIT IN OFFSCREENVILLE? Oh, wait! Maybe Clark will say "There is something I must do" in the final episode, and then we will get the black screen and the executive producers' names?!

Regularly, when there ARE people saying this or that episode is crap, I at least give it at least a 7. But I have a hard time giving THIS episode more than 6!
          Previous episode, we had the whole Tess family story crap, JUST BECAUSE THEY HAD TO SHOW THE SCENE AT THE END, WITH THE "TRINITY" OF VILLAINS. In this one, we got cheesy dialogue, awkardness endless, and then TEN MINUTES of "Clark is so great" and "we must trust each other"!!! How about some ACTION?

Mercy, already!
          [SPOILER]With the big spoiler released by Ausiallo this past week, I don't think Clark giving Lois the ring will happen in Offscreensville. I don't think he's proposed yet.[/SPOILER]
          Last edited by Vergon6; 11-21-2010, 07:08 PM. Reason: If you can't find how to use a spoiler tag, please ask rather than posting something spoilery anyways without them

Comment

sure some things do happen in offscreen and all that. but if u remember for example the cage it was made from that special transforming metal slade had that could turn into kryptonite. so when the base started to go up. it probably lost power and reverted back to its natural state and then clark easily got away. As for the ring he hasnt proposed to her yet its coming up in a future episode.

Comment

Mercy, already!
              Of course it's because of budget as far as action goes. I mean reusing season 5 footage for aquaman makes it pretty clear. I can't believe that people were expecting on screen heroics of Homecoming/Lazarus level in every episode before episode 18(or at least the first half of the season).

Comment

Mercy, already!
                QFT.

Comment

Originally posted by ImagineOner
                  Of course it's because of budget as far as action goes. I mean reusing season 5 footage for aquaman makes it pretty clear. I can't believe that people were expecting on screen heroics of Homecoming/Lazarus level in every episode before episode 18(or at least the first half of the season).
                  I think we can expect that when they promised plenty of action in this episode. Interviews, tweets and all made me think this was going to be equally great as "Justice".

The episode wasn't bad but there were a couple of things left offscreenville that was just cheap. Why write an escape from an exploding building if you aren't going to show the escape. Being locked in a cage and seeing the place go up only to discover Clark and AC at the barn. There wasn't anything but dialogue to indicate Clark was going to do something to escape from the cage...

It's like if in "Checkmate" Chloe was about to get shot and Clark revealed himself to Waller, then the screen would go black and next scene would be Clark and Chloe in WT or something...it just isn't good story telling and that's exactly what happened in "Patriot"!

Comment

Sadly...I agree with the OP completely. I don't think the entire season has been horrible, it started off great, and Homecoming is still probably the best episode in the show's entire catalog (to date, in my opinion), but since then it seems like we have done nothing but take major steps backwards.

Specifically with Patriot...this felt like Justice ALL OVER AGAIN. It was the EXACT SAME PLOT. And I thought we were already past the issues about the team not working together? Must we be constantly shown that this team cannot function as a unit...ever (let's be honest...they suck at it). To quote Hawkman from Absolute Justice, "You haven't even started yet..." (to Clark on working with his team). That line was delivered over 20 episodes ago!

Every episode since Homecoming had felt like major filler, mainly because the catch setup in each previous episode is solved, as the OP mentioned, in offscreenville. For being the final season I'm suddenly finding myself not very eager for Fridays...

Comment

How the heck was Gen Slade Wilson saved almost unscathed (save for the eye)?
                      Did Clark save him and then turned him over to a hospital,secret escape route used, or mother box?
                      Some scenes do need onscreen explanations,you know.

Comment

Originally posted by BoyScout-ManOfTomorrow
                        Why write an escape from an exploding building if you aren't going to show the escape. Being locked in a cage and seeing the place go up only to discover Clark and AC at the barn.
                        Season 8 finale sound familiar? Pretty sure that was one of the lowest-rated episodes in the show's history. And they're still making this mistake. Sad.

Comment

He told Lois he was the Blur in Isis, there was no need for him to recall the previous 9 years of Smallville in a scene.
                          Saving the little girl would of been a waste of a scene, also would be a bit weird
                          He hasn't given Lois the ring yet (Now that was obvious)
                          The cage turned into Kryptonite, but when the building was gonna explode it turned off and turned back to lead
                          Aquaman carried Oliver while they swam away
                          Clark supersped out of there and Lois said she preferred being carried out of there in Clark arms

Comment

Mercy, already!
                            Great rant.
                            I'm beginning to wonder too if we'll actually see Clark flying and don the suit. I think it might actually happen AFTER the show is over. Maybe the show will end with a headline titled Superman! and how he flew and had a suit on and how he's fantastic.
                            One thing you can be absolutely sure of is that we WILL see Clark propose and we'll continue to see all the minuscule tiny details of clois. Because THAT'S what this season is about.

Comment

LMAO! That rant was hilarious. I didn't pay much attention to the episode because it was so bad so I missed Clark escaping from the cage. But the one thing about Offscreenville that urked me was Clark saying that's where he talked to Lois about "the darkness". 1st wasn't that plot thrown out in Homecoming 2nd it just seemed like a lame attempt to make it seem like Lois and Clark are actually in love with each other.
                              Last edited by Dyanara; 11-21-2010, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎