No announcement yet.

Another "beauty" guest stars! *Mera*

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Supsfan
    The actress who played Mera would be perfect if the wanted to cast Mary Jane Watson. I also think she would be a good casting choice if the new Superman movie wants a Lana Lang(who is either in late teens/early 20s)
    I've been seeing that mentioned a lot; is she a natural redhead? I ask because Kirsten died her hair and she was a horrible MaryJane (not blaming the dye job).

Comment

I think her acting held up, especially when conversing With Clark

with Lois(the first time)- she nailed it

the second time..... I can't tell..

with arthur- nailed it

Not to mention- she DID deliver from a role smallville has never touched before- a superhero's superpowered wife/gf/partner

(Lana does not count- ....and it's a long shot but even Kara doesnt count either for the same reason- they didn't quite work with clark fully in the hero role/the show plot convienently didn't have it exist)
      I suppose speedy and Oliver work- too bad it only happened twice.
      Black canary- er, a lack of interaction in general/ unintentional plot interference

So, she brought a critically missing angle to light- and she nailed it

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
        For a second, I thought they were going to fully show her as she was disrobing in front of Lois. Damn, I'm jealous!! I wanted to see what Lois saw.
        This!

Comment

Originally posted by Dyanara
          I've been seeing that mentioned a lot; is she a natural redhead? I ask because Kirsten died her hair and she was a horrible MaryJane (not blaming the dye job).
          I can't say one way or another but google images makes me think she is a natural redhead

Comment

I was wondering how she managed to swim at high speeds with a huge cleavage!

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander III
              How dare she only shows her assets to Lois, and not to us male viewers, I'm so disappointed *sad face*
              Tess should've been in that scene too. Tess comments would've been great like she did with Lois in the french maid costume and with Lana.

Originally posted by tippership commander
              Character wise- she was GOLD

Acting in itself? Eh, she was a bit....fishy(seriously , i wasnt trying to make a pun, then i Changed my mind) in the way she went about htings

but she works- VERY WELL- as a compliment to aquaman..

...The way she sees Aquaman- ...

now, actor wise? Well, i think everyone's covered that decently..

now, what i WANT really badly? For her to make more appearances in Smallville.
              I thought the character worked and I liked seeing her environmentalist/activist side. I thought her acting was fine unless they gave her a huge chunk of exposition lines. There she just seemed like she said it quickly and I had trouble understanding what the heck she was talking about. Especially that one scene where Mera is talking to Clark about her and AC's love she went on a ramble and I had no clue what she was talking about, I don't think the actress even fully understood either and no one talks like that so it's hard to come off natural when your given a ridiculous line.

Comment

I am kind of on the fence about her. I love Mera in the comics, and maybe since this is a younger Mera, she hasnt really come into her own yet but part of me liked her and part of me hated her.

Comment

Originally posted by lola dee
                  She is a beautiful addition to the storyline, really enjoyed what she had to contribute and hope to see her character again in the near future. And yes, she is absolutely stunning! She handled the hotness for the women but unfortunately not enough to overpower the yummy wetness / shirtlessness the boys brought. hehehe
                  lol, so intresting getting female's perspective on when it's the other wy around(which is far rarer in SV)

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin24
                    She was only there to show off her rack and I as a male viewer greatly appreciate her contribution.
                    I agree. Whilst I didn't like the episode as a whole, I sure liked Mera . I think she was the back-up plan just in case the episode itself sucked

Comment

LMAO! All this talk about Mera's chesticle area makes me think about all the blatant "shots" (you know what I mean) that are in comic books all the time. Maybe thats why her zipper refused to stay all the way up.

Comment

fawesome

Comment

Originally posted by Dyanara
                          LMAO! All this talk about Mera's chesticle area makes me think about all the blatant "shots" (you know what I mean) that are in comic books all the time. Maybe thats why her zipper refused to stay all the way up.

I agree

Comment

Originally posted by uncaged
                            I really liked her hair in that last scene in the kitchen. I know her hair was wet the rest of the episode, but in that last shot at the farm was when I really noticed that she was pretty. Being a girl, the emphasis on her assets the whole episode was pretty much wasted on me, but I really liked her curly hair at the end there. She looked very Little Mermaidish to me there.

Hey, as much as the guys are shirtless, etc, etc- almost once a episode sometimes- (lol, and it's noticeable, when it happens so often - even from a guy's perspective XD) ...

On the other hand- i wasn't QUITE getting a little mermaid feel from her...

Comment

Beautiful woman with a great rack.

Comment

I think it would have helped the Mera character if there had been just a bit more backstory to her and AC. Her coming from a underwater world may have explained why she seemed more comfortable out of clothes than in, and her lack of manners shown would seem more understandable if that was just common manners for Atlantis folk, you know, like the way Kryptonians are over the top arrogant and ultra-superior acting. In the comics Mera does have red hair and wears green so they at least got that right. But knowing a bit more about her would have explained why she was acting so snotty.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎