No announcement yet.

How did Clark survive the explosion?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SmallvillesBiggestFan
    What did clark say to the general just before the xplosion?
    He said "I'm man and steel" (snaps his fingers)

Yes like all else I wondered too how he escaped. I'll go with the explosion cut off the power eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by mantaray
      I mean, he was in a cage surrounded by lots of Kryptonite, and he comes out of the massive explosion without a scratch? What gives?
      Lois saved him.

Comment

I don't think the government secret OPs had enough cash for a cool exploiding building

Comment

it was not real kryptonite

I rather liked the show myself as it is setting up a bigger picture overall..Slade said one thing to Clark before the explosion...that it was very hard to find what his weakness was..and Clark's actions portrayed to Slade,it was indeed real kryptonite.I am sure it was not the real stuff and Clark knew it right away but gave the impression it was,and slade figured he would die in the explosion.I think also Slade survived because he is infected by dark side,and I'm sure Clark knows he is still alive and ready to strike again..I liked very much that Clark took Lois to watchtower and filled her in on the plague of dark side that prays on the doubts of people including super heroes.and takes over..I have never on any episode,tried to take it apart scene by scene and find flaw's that some episodes may have..it is an awesome show overall and all makes perfect sense to me..have a great day and enjoy the rest of the season
          Last edited by ahugefan; 11-19-2010, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ahugefan
            I rather liked the show myself as it is setting up a bigger picture overall..Slade said one thing to Clark before the explosion...that it was very hard to find what his weakness was..and Clark's actions portrayed to Slade,it was indeed real kryptonite.I am sure it was not the real stuff and Clark knew it right away but gave the impression it was,and slade figured he would die in the explosion.I think also Slade survived because he is infected by dark side,and I'm sure Clark knows he is still alive and ready to strike again..I liked very much that Clark took Lois to watchtower and filled her in on the plague of dark side that prays on the doubts of people including super heroes.and takes over.I have never on any episode tried to take it apart scene by scene and give the show criticism..it is an awesome show and all makes perfect sense to me have a great day and enjoy the rest of the season
            Interesting.Explain please. I dont totally get that.

Comment

Maybe someone with a DVR can help us out - but I swear that the kryptonite bars turned off (explosion knocked them out?) when Clark said his line about being man and steel.

Comment

I thought he would do something cool like spin through the floor..oh well he did it off camera!

Comment

As I mentioned above we were told slade had an experimental metal that could transform in to heroes weakness. So when the base started to go I think the bars went into normal mode and clark easily got away.

Comment

what i wondered was exactly how they found out clark's weakness? was it ever established that lex or checkmate were responsible for it?

Comment

Maybe the Martian Manhunter flew in and rescued Clark. It's about time he make a cameo.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenarrowjustice
                        Wouldn't the kryptonite cage have blown apart when the station blew up? at the very least the non-kryptonite floor would have collapsed, and Clark would have floated away from the K and then been able to super-swim away...

Like a Clownfish.

Comment

Originally posted by shanemak
                          That makes sense. I guess the writers' aren't holding our hands all the time, and are expecting the audience to figure things out on their own.
                          Sorry, I'm an idiot, and i like to have things spelled out for me. this episode really bugs me.

Comment

Originally posted by protege
                            Sorry, I'm an idiot, and i like to have things spelled out for me. this episode really bugs me.
                            Yes it would be nice, but the writers' only have 45 minutes to pack material in. Obviously, some things have to get put on the back burner, or get cut out totally. They could've cut out useless dialogue and showed us this.

Comment

Plot hole.

Comment

like I've said and has been demonstrated in comics and animated series' clark is no ordinary kryptonian and in this point in his life on SV clark has grown stronger and even slightly more resistant to kryptonite

in earlier seasons he went down hard when exposed to kryptonite the size of a marble now he just looks like he has a stomach ache

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎