Smallville meets supernatural

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smallville meets supernatural

(Not directly Smallville related)

Did anyone see the opening of Supernatural?
    They were in a corn field, and the football player had on a crows letterman jacket... AND when they walked into the opening of the field it was OBVIOUSLY the same set from the first episode of this season with Lois tied up!!!!!

I know it wasn't a real "cross over" but it was just a good nerd moment!!

I was watching a Chicago feed, thankfully SV wasn't preempted but Supernatural was for Basketball

Comment

Kneel Before Todd!

Comment

All I know is everytime they played that "Fairies" promo, I about died laughing. I really wish I still watched that show. LOL.

Comment

When I first opened this thread, I had thought that Sam and Dean walked into Watchtower.lol

Comment

Yeah it was kind of bittersweet to me knowing that this is the last season for both shows and that was really the closest we've ever gotten to a crossover. But hey at least it happened! I predict several Supernatural Smallville manip videos coming out of that cornfield scene.

Comment

Originally posted by LuthorKent90
              Yeah it was kind of bittersweet to me knowing that this is the last season for both shows
              Know something we don't?

Comment

I actually thought they were making fun of SV

Comment

Originally posted by Anno_Domini
                  Know something we don't?
                  Well aren't Jensen and Jared's contracts up after this season? I believe they still had an extra year after Kripke's contract was up. Either way I'm looking at it as the last season..

Comment

That was cool! I didn't notice it until you said it so I had to go back and rewatch that scene...nice little shout out there!

Well aren't Jensen and Jared's contracts up after this season? I believe they still had an extra year after Kripke's contract was up. Either way I'm looking at it as the last season..
                    I think the boys have 1 more year on their contracts, but I could be wrong. If they will come back, I don't see the CW canceling the show. The rest of their lineup, outside of SV and TVD, is seriously tanking (sub 2 million range). They are already losing one of those shows, I am not sure they can afford to lose another next year.

Comment

It's true that both of them only signed up for six seasons, but Sera has been making up a "grand plan" for the next storyline which is more than one season, and I heard once that Jensen and Jared had signed on for an extra season, which could be true or false, but I think it's safe to say that the guys will sign for another season at least just because there's so much going on that we definitely need another season just so season six won't feel so complex. Jared had mentioned that if he doesn't enjoy the sixth season he won't be signing another contract, but Jared has been sounding very hopeful about the way his character has become, so I can't say it's a safe bet to say this will be the last season.

Comment

When I was watching the cornfield scene, I actually thought they were airing Smallville until Sam and Dean came on screen. I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one who thought so.

Comment

Originally posted by Lexgirl33
                          I actually thought they were making fun of SV
                          I loved and laughed so hard with the whole X-FILES mentioning.....

Comment

ah, so I wasn't the only one thinking that. Yeah, the colors of Patrick's (the dude who gets taken in the opener) jacket were Smallville colors and the cornfield both then and at the end looked like it was Smallville's location (the one scene at the end with the Impala looked like part of the Kent farm, actually).

I have to wonder if they did that deliberately or if that was just the only corn field available in the area?

And now I'm picturing Tom running into the boys while shooting.
                            Tom: "Hey dudes. What are you doing in my corn field?"
                            Jensen: "We're shooting an episode of our show."
                            Tom: "What's it about?"
                            Both Jared and Jensen don't want to say but finally Jared admits: "Fairies."
                            Tom looks at them and says: "And I thought I had to deal with weird stuff on my show."
                            Jensen, shouting after him: "But at first we think it's aliens!"
                            Tom, leaving: "That's my territory!"

OK, that wasn't really that funny but it's what came to me.

Comment

I loved it! Even the guy looked like Clark/TW. It was quite a nice shoutout. I guess that's where Clark's jacket ended up, huh? (watch "Homecoming")

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎