Lois's Bluff with Emil

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alienkinfolk

She was bluffing .....
    To be consistent with Erica's character, the CW had to put in that she was bluffing. It's not fitting that the future Superman's girlfriend is a habitual lawbreaker who thinks the rules don't apply to her. Besides, at the time, Emil had no idea that she was bluffing; she only relayed the message after she had gotten the needed intel. Explain how that is any different then what the neocons did at GITMO?

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by protector91
    She was bluffing and why are we bringing torture into this board.
    Because it has the same premise; the reasons given for torture were the same ones you said. Am I wrong?
    Last edited by shanemak; 11-19-2010, 09:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

She was Awesome in that scene. Thats my Lois

Comment

[QUOTE=hellokitty;6910071]I understand what you're saying...but she didn't threaten to slice his jugular, she just threatened him with a impromptu tracheotomy.[/.quote]

It doesn't matter if she threatened to pierce his ear, it still is a threat of pain, and not consistent with her character.

Now, either way, it's physical assualt...but she was bluffing. Kind of like when a parent threatens their child with a spanking for disobeying...only way more serious.
        Ok, but if a parent took their belt off and placed their child over their knee to threaten, it would be the same as what Lois did.

Comment

Yeah I glad emil didn't take it personally with the bluff. It was a nice scene.

Comment

so AFTER she gets what she wants, then she tells him that she was bluffing murdering him...

Comment

Originally posted by hellokitty
              I understand what you're saying...but she didn't threaten to slice his jugular, she just threatened him with a impromptu tracheotomy.

Now, either way, it's physical assualt...but she was bluffing. Kind of like when a parent threatens their child with a spanking for disobeying...only way more serious.
              Honestly, the only reason it didn't bother me was because at that point we knew that she had inside knowledge about the torture facilities and at that point in time Clark had been MIA for hours and she didn't know where he was. She was paranoid and desperate. I don't think for a second she would have hurt him any more than I think that Clark would have actually hurt Morgan Edge when he threatened him back in "Phoenix" in Season 3. I've seen Lois threaten people in the comics/on LnC before when it comes to finding Clark or his safety. It's really the only circumstance where I think she is willing to do that. But it's not something she'd ever act on any more than it's something that Clark would ever act on when he's done it in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenarrowjustice
                so AFTER she gets what she wants, then she tells him that she was bluffing murdering him...
                Exactamundo, and after the neocons got the intel from the arabs terrorists, they retracted their heads from the water. Same concept, applied differently.

Comment

I've never been forced to threaten someone this way myself but I imagine that telling someone that you are bluffing before they give you the information kind of defeats the purpose of bluffing to begin with.

She's not the first person on this show to threaten violence that she would never really act on in order to try and get information/make a point. Clark has done this several times himself. He put on an act in "Phoenix" in order to scare Morgan Edge and he did it as recently as "Disciple" last year with Zod. And I have never once thought that Clark would ever hurt someone. And I don't think for a second that Lois would hurt someone.

Comment

Originally posted by shanemak
                    To be consistent with Erica's character, the CW had to put in that she was bluffing. It's not fitting that the future Superman's girlfriend is a habitual lawbreaker who thinks the rules don't apply to her. Besides, at the time, Emil had no idea that she was bluffing; she only relayed the message after she had gotten the needed intel. Explain how that is any different then what the neocons did at GITMO?

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Because it has the same premise; the reasons given for torture were the same ones you said. Am I wrong?

Umm Lois is not innocent. Plus she was doing this to see what was up with Clark. You must have another Lois in mind when u see her but she will DO anything to get her story (when she feels it will save mankind etc), and protect Clark. This is the same Lois that drove her new ford onto a government facility, flirted with the guard just so Chloe can sneak a peak at the spaceship aka Brainaic. She breaks laws all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Audrey229
                      I've never been forced to threaten someone this way myself but I imagine that telling someone that you are bluffing before they give you the information kind of defeats the purpose of bluffing to begin with.

She's not the first person on this show to threaten violence that she would never really act on in order to try and get information/make a point. Clark has done this several times himself. He put on an act in "Phoenix" in order to scare Morgan Edge and he did it as recently as "Disciple" last year with Zod. And I have never once thought that Clark would ever hurt someone. And I don't think for a second that Lois would hurt someone.
                      and it makes telling them you were bluffing afterwards meaningless

Comment

Originally posted by alienkinfolk
                        Umm Lois is not innocent. Plus she was doing this to see what was up with Clark. You must have another Lois in mind when u see her but she will DO anything to get her story (when she feels it will save mankind etc), and protect Clark. This is the same Lois that drove her new ford onto a government facility, flirted with the guard just so Chloe can sneak a peak at the spaceship aka Brainaic. She breaks laws all the time.
                        Yes, but as I was telling Sarevokcz, being a small time offender is drastically different from threatening attempted manslaughter. And that type of character is totally inconsistent with the Lois Lane we all know and love.

Comment

Originally posted by shanemak
                          Yes, but as I was telling Sarevokcz, being a small time offender is drastically different from threatening attempted manslaughter. And that type of character is totally inconsistent with the Lois Lane we all know and love.
                          actually attempted murder

Comment

Idk, will a tracheotomy kill someone? Either way, we are arguing semantics.

Comment

Comment

Lois is Badass

The scene
                                Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎