Television Ratings for "Patriot"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty good, let's get those numbers up to 3 million with Icarus!

Comment

Originally posted by Robbins
      with Vampire Diaries being on rerun Smallville was probally the Cw's highlight of scripted shows for the week.The ratings are likely why 2 episodes are being run In december.Very rare for Smallville to run in December with new episodes and especilly
      2 episodes.
      No kidding. The only episodes that I remember running in December are: "Lexmas" and "Gemini." Other than that, it's rare to see an episode run in December (there could be others and I just don't remember). ...but two episodes this time, what a nice treat for us! I hope they get good ratings, too especially since most people will really be in holiday mode.

2.6 for "Patriot" is really good, considering. Movie night does impact ratings -- but, in this case, I'm thinking it may have hurt other shows more than it hurt SV.

----- Added 59 Seconds later -----

Originally posted by LordOnox
      Pretty good, let's get those numbers up to 3 million with Icarus!
      WooHoo! I hope so!
      ...and "Luthor" too, while we're at it. A certain cameo might make people tune in....
      Last edited by smallvillerocks45; 11-20-2010, 11:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by smallvillerocks45
        No kidding. The only episodes that I remember running in December are: "Lexmas" and "Gemini." Other than that, it's rare to see an episode run in December (there could be others and I just don't remember). ...but two episodes this time, what a nice treat for us! I hope they get good ratings, too especially since most people will really be in holiday mode.
        Jitters, Scare, Lexmas, Subterranean and Gemini

All these episodes share the fact they were the worst rated episode of the Season up to that point

Comment

Good ratings...pretty much what I thought and I'm glad I was right. GO SMALLVILLE!!

Comment

The ratings also dropped I believe last year from "Idol" to "Pandora." This is just a very busy time of year. A lot of movies are opening. I imagine that Harry Potter did have an influence on people watching the episode live last night.

I'm as die hard as they come and even I considered DVRing the episode last night to go see Harry Potter.

Comment

The numbers

Originally posted by torwolf
              I don't know what is going on with the ratings. Its going up and down from 2.6 to 2.9, back to 2.6 and then 2.9 again. Its like 300k viewers only watch alternate episodes.
              These are "guestimates" based on various recording devices in a limited number of homes. The number is multiplied out to the match the number of homes with sets. It can jump like that (or drop) because the audience is so small. If sufficient numbers go up in the sampling - then you get the jump.

This still matters for Smallville in advertising revenues. November is the month rates are based on for Jan - March for both the CW and the local stations. February translates into rates for April - June.

It may also matter in the future of the Smallville franchise. Does this cast rate well enough to carry a movie? Are they overexposed at this point to where a movie would not be a draw since the series has lost so many viewers since the inception? I'm not saying it has but these are the questions that get raised.

Should interest pick up - and by the finale you're up to 4 or 5 million - that will make execs sit up and notice. It will tell if TW has the draw power to be the next Superman.

Comment

2.6 million... That's solid.

Comment

Consistently strong numbers for Smallville! I love it!

Comment

Originally posted by Audrey229
                    The ratings also dropped I believe last year from "Idol" to "Pandora." This is just a very busy time of year. A lot of movies are opening. I imagine that Harry Potter did have an influence on people watching the episode live last night.

I'm as die hard as they come and even I considered DVRing the episode last night to go see Harry Potter.
                    I think there was some very popular vampire flick (moonlight, new moon, mooning you, or some such) that premeired same time as Pandora last year, so I think the episodes were facing similar pressures.

Comment

Good ratings.

Comment

2.6 mil thats great! Its better than I thought it would be. I thought HP movie opening and it being the holiday season would do more damage. Smallville is still getting solid number with all these challenges. Go Smalville!!

Comment

Originally posted by Audrey229
                          I imagine that Harry Potter did have an influence on people watching the episode live last night.

Piratically everyone at my work was talking about Harry Potter on Friday. If people didn't go to the Thursday midnight show, they were going Friday night. So, under those circumstances, 2.6 if fine IMO.

Comment

I guessed right, first time ever! 2.6 million (at least fast nationals.) Great ratings and the streak continues that ever episode this season has higher ratings that it's S9 counterpart. Course final ratings might go down due to preemptions but hopefully not by much.

Comment

Originally posted by Supsfan
                              Jitters, Scare, Lexmas, Subterranean and Gemini

All these episodes share the fact they were the worst rated episode of the Season up to that point
                              I know Lexmas and Gemini were December episodes... were Jitters, Scare and Subterranean, too? I'm curious if the air date or the lack of hype might have led to lower numbers.
                              EDIT: I looked it up; they are also December episodes. Hmm. Well, I know I watched them all (minus Jitters, because I didn't know the show existed until 3rd season) when they aired.

Personally, even if an episode aired during the holidays, I scheduled time to watch the show. Now that I work on Friday (it used to be school on Thursdays, now it's work on Fridays - I just can't win), I have to program the old VCR to be able to watch, but I understand that people just get busy. I wonder if they'll (especially the Nielsen family viewers) be too busy to watch the December episodes live this time around. I mean Luthor looks like it will be fantastic... could hype actually help its ratings?
                              Last edited by smallvillerocks45; 11-21-2010, 01:34 AM.

Comment

I'm really baffled by the decision to run new eps so far into December, especially since neither are holiday-themed (which would make sense, i.e. Lexmas). Not only does this bode badly for ratings, but it also means that they are going to have to it have a very long hiatus, or break up the show in the spring, where ratings are always down anyway.

I just don't get the thinking.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎