Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why didn't Pamela Jenkins give the Luthorcorp stock to Tess instead of Lex?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder if Lionel knew about Granny Goodness & what she was really up to at that orphanage before he dropped Tess off there. Because if he did, then I'm sure he sent her there to prevent her from ever appearing in public claiming to be a Luthor.

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
      Known that his nanny had a daughter about his age, yes. But, most likely not, that they are related. If he knew, he most likely found out years later, through a DNA test.
      I agree with this as well. I can imagine that Lex may have met Tess without knowing that she was related to him. Maybe he found out offscreen in s7, and decided to put her in his will.

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by xrayvision
      I wonder if Lionel knew about Granny Goodness & what she was really up to at that orphanage before he dropped Tess off there. Because if he did, then I'm sure he sent her there to prevent her from ever appearing in public claiming to be a Luthor.
      Lionel was aware of the memory wiping; I doubt he knew that Granny was in league with Darkseid.
      Last edited by sashabdx; 11-13-2010, 07:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

They should try to get Paul Wesley back for an episode & have a reunion of Lionel's illegitimate children. Is Vampire Diaries filmed close to Smallville? Maybe they can lend Tom or one of the other Smallville characters to be a character in an episode of Vampire Diaries & get Paul in for an episode to reprise his role as Lucas Luthor. I would love to see Lucas back in Smallville's final season, especially after the big revelation that Tess is a Luthor.

Man, if I were writing this show, Lucas would have returned back in season 5 & gotten close to Clark while both were in college while Lex drifted further away from him & I would have used Lucas to ultimately take the fall for Lex's murder of Lionel in season 7.

Comment

Given that Tess' real name is Lutessa, I also wonder who named her. Did Lionel have some sick obsession with the LL initials? I don't think Pamela would have given her a name like Lutessa.

Comment

Maybe he lost a bet.

They should try to get Paul Wesley back for an episode & have a reunion of Lionel's illegitimate children. Is Vampire Diaries filmed close to Smallville? Maybe they can lend Tom or one of the other Smallville characters to be a character in an episode of Vampire Diaries & get Paul in for an episode to reprise his role as Lucas Luthor. I would love to see Lucas back in Smallville's final season, especially after the big revelation that Tess is a Luthor.

Man, if I were writing this show, Lucas would have returned back in season 5 & gotten close to Clark while both were in college while Lex drifted further away from him & I would have used Lucas to ultimately take the fall for Lex's murder of Lionel in season 7.
            I have wanted Lucas back for a long time. It's a loose end they should tie up plus Lex being declared dead/missing was the perfect time for him to reappear. They should really work out some schedule (maybe he could shoot for SV when his show goes on hiatus or something, I dunno).

Comment

I don't really understand the rationale behind Pamela and Lionel's affair. In "Crush," Pamela makes it seem like she was very loyal to Lillian so I couldn't imagine her ever having an affair with her husband.

I'm starting to think that the most likely reason was that Pamela believed Tess to be dead so she spent all her love on Lex as if he were the child that would replace her daughter.

On a side note, Tess being a Luthor does explain why Lex chose her be the heir to his company, simply because she was the next one in line after him. However, it is kind of odd for him to put a chip into his sister's head.

Comment

Back in the season 1 episode Crush, Lex was visited by his childhood nanny, Pamela Jenkins, when she was dying & wanted to apologize for skipping out on him after his mother (Lillian Luthor) died. Lex didn't want to have anything to do with her until he found out from Lionel that she was dying from cancer. When he spoke to her in the hospital, she said that Lionel would disown Lex unless she got out of Lex's life. In Crush, it was also revealed that she retired from money Lionel got & had stocks of Luthorcorp that Lillian Luthor once owned. Those stocks were a significant part of the plot for the remainder of the season since she gave them to Lex, who used them for the leveraged buyout of the Luthorcorp plant in Smallville when Lionel in Tempest announced it would be shutting down. This was all done to force Lex to leave Smallville after Lionel had repeatedly tried to find out what Lex was using unaccounted money for (which is why Dominic Santori showed up in Reaper) after Lex's refusal to join him in Metropolis back in Stray.

Anyway, if Pamela knew she had a daughter that Lionel, who she hated based on her words in Crush, gave away, then why didn't she leave Lillian Luthor's shares of Luthorcorp stock to her? This doesn't make sense. Surely a dying mother who had her daughter ripped away from her would want to leave those shares to Tess after Tess had literally nothing.

I also wonder why someone who hated Lionel so much would have an affair with him after she was so close to Lillian. I could answer these questions by saying it's due to the retcon explanation of Tess being a Luthor--something I highly doubt they intended since bringing her on back in season 8. And we definitely know back in season 1 they never intended to bring in a character named Tess Mercer to replace Lex. But I do hope we get a good explanation of why Lex, who was already rich & was running a company, was given those shares of stock and not Pamela's own daughter. Yes, they were originally Lillian's shares, but once Pamela inherited them, she could have given them to Tess, her only child/daughter. They could explain it that Pamela gave them to Lex & told him about Tess, but that wouldn't make sense given Lex didn't try to find her like he did with Lucas. Lex had to have found out about Tess much much later--like around seasons 5-7 when he & Clark weren't friends anymore, otherwise Clark would have found out about her from Lex just like he found out about Julian & Lucas.
                xrayvision you are thinking about this way too much. Don't get me wrong. Your posts are well thought out 99% of the time, but sometimes you put a lot of thought into something that just needs to be accepted and moved on from. Even if you don't like it. Don't forget this is just a TV show.

Comment

Originally posted by protector91
                  xrayvision you are thinking about this way too much. Don't get me wrong. Your posts are well thought out 99% of the time, but sometimes you put a lot of thought into something that just needs to be accepted and moved on from. Even if you don't like it. Don't forget this is just a TV show.
                  Yeah, I know. That's why I pretty much gave up on figuring out who is older between Lex & Tess since retcons have made previous facts worthless. So rather than use details regarding dates & ages, I just came to the conclusion that Lionel met Pamela after she became Lex's nanny, so Lex would have to be older.

Still, I long for the days when the Luthor storyline was one of the most pristine things in this show.

Comment

Originally posted by UpandAtom
                    I don't really understand the rationale behind Pamela and Lionel's affair. In "Crush," Pamela makes it seem like she was very loyal to Lillian so I couldn't imagine her ever having an affair with her husband.

I'm starting to think that the most likely reason was that Pamela believed Tess to be dead so she spent all her love on Lex as if he were the child that would replace her daughter.

On a side note, Tess being a Luthor does explain why Lex chose her be the heir to his company, simply because she was the next one in line after him. However, it is kind of odd for him to put a chip into his sister's head.
                    I doubt they will ever explain this since continuity in current seasons consists of dropping names & not developing things further. We did see the Lex clones in Cadmus Labs after it was first mentioned back in Nicodemus, Rush and the episodes involving Sir Harry & Victoria Hardwick, but that was only in Lazarus and Cadmus never came up again since.

I think they know it would be too much if they tied to explain it.

Comment

Poor woman was probably placed in a Carmelite convent after Lutie's birth and told the baby died during childbirth.

Comment

Originally posted by Alicia Chipy
                        Poor woman was probably placed in a Carmelite convent after Lutie's birth and told the baby died during childbirth.
                        Well if she was, I think Lionel made frequent visits based on the way Tess called him daddy & seemed to know who he was. I wonder if Clark & Tess will get hooked up to that mind machine in the near future like Clark & Lex were in Fracture. That caused Lex to remember all those repressed (or should I say retconned) memories. Maybe the same will happen to Tess & she will remember her true childhood.

Comment

Maybe she was in the same facility as Emily Dinsmore so that Lionel could read them stories at nap time.

Comment

Another thing I was meaning to bring up is Pamela's absence from that one flashback scene in Memoria where another nanny named Mary was seen. In that scene, Lionel gave her the night off so Lillian could spend time with Julian. I was wondering if that was a temporary nanny who subbed in for Pamela since she was on vacation or if that was before Pamela was hired. Because that was before Lillian was inflicted with whatever disease that killed her and we know Pamela was taking care of Lex when that happened & was let go shortly after Lillian passed away.

Comment

My question is... didn't Lional send Lucas to foster homes since he was born? Why did Tess know Lional? I understand why he gave her away, but she seemed to have somewhat of a relationship with him by saying, "i love you daddy?"

I hope they explain this. That last scene was so sad, and I can't wait to see what happens with it.

Comment

Was this the same woman who was Lucas' mother? Red head who thought Clark was her son?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎