Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The name "Lutessa"... Love the backstory, hate the name...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fixxxer1022
    i think she will turn evil and be the new female version of lex. that's my take on it, since it seems we have no clue if micheal or lex will be coming back.

She is now smallville's Lena Luthor (her middle name is Lena)... In the comics, Lena Luthor is good and works with Superman several times before she gets sick and becomes essentially catatonic (Batman is looking for a cure as we speak).

So I think she will remain on the "good side"...

Comment

Witha name like Lutessa,I'd turn temporarily evil too. Maybe they called her Lutie.

Comment

I like the name because it still has Tess, and I still want to consider her as Tess, I think thats why she wasn't 'Lena'

Comment

Lionel just loves his double L's! I'm actually surprised there was a Julian Luthor..

Comment

Originally posted by kneel4justice
            I like the name because it still has Tess, and I still want to consider her as Tess, I think thats why she wasn't 'Lena'
            Unnecessary. Clark was born Kal El but grew up as Clark Kent and that's who he identifies more as. Likewise whatever Tess' original name was, she grew up as Tess Mercer and that's who she is. I would still consider her to be Tess Mercer even if her birth name was simply 'Lena Luthor'.

Comment

Originally posted by Exedore
              Unnecessary. Clark was born Kal El but grew up as Clark Kent and that's who he identifies more as. Likewise whatever Tess' original name was, she grew up as Tess Mercer and that's who she is. I would still consider her to be Tess Mercer even if her birth name was simply 'Lena Luthor'.
              Yea, I know. But personally it would have been like why did she get the name Tess if she was Lena, that makes no sense?

Comment

Originally posted by LuthorKent90
                Lionel just loves his double L's! I'm actually surprised there was a Julian Luthor..

Compare to the rest of the Luthor family:

Lutessa Lena Luthor = 3 L's

Alexander "Lex" Joseph Luthor = 2 L's

Lionel Jules Luthor = 2 L's

So adding Lena to her name would have been enough...

"Lena Contessa Luthor" or "Lena Tess Luthor" would have been sufficient to satisfy the Luthor naming convension...

They even could have played into this a bit when she visited Granny in this episode... Granny could have called her Lena and Tess could have said something about no one ever calls her by her first name and that she goes by her middle name... She would have thought her name was "Lena Tess Mercer"... But that might have spoiled the surprise ending about her being Lex's sister for some people...

----- Added 6 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by kneel4justice
                Yea, I know. But personally it would have been like why did she get the name Tess if she was Lena, that makes no sense?

Since we were never been given Tess Mercer's middle name (the name that she thought was her real name, before she found out she was a Luthor), they should have just said that Tess thought her name was "Lena Tess Mercer" and that she had always gone by her middle name... It would have been more believable than making her original name Lutessa...
                Last edited by Wesley_Cramer; 11-13-2010, 10:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

^ You forgot Lucas Luthor. And I agree it could've been Lena. But I could really not care less if Tess has a horrible first name.

Comment

Originally posted by Wesley_Cramer
                    Compare to the rest of the Luthor family:

Lutessa Lena Luthor = 3 L's

Alexander "Lex" Joseph Luthor = 2 L's

So adding Lena to her name would have been enough...

"Lena Contessa Luthor" or "Lena Tess Luthor" would have been sufficient to satisfy the Luthor naming convension...

They even could have played into this a bit when she visited Granny in this episode... Granny could have called her Lena and Tess could have said something about no one ever calls her by her first name and that she goes by her middle name... She would have thought her name was "Lena Tess Mercer"... But that might have spoiled the surprise ending about her being Lex's sister for some people...

----- Added 6 Minutes later -----

Since we were never been given Tess Mercer's middle name (the name that she thought was her real name, before she found out she was a Luthor), they should have just said that Tess thought her name was "Lena Tess Mercer" and that she had always gone by her middle name... It would have been more believable than making her original name Lutessa...
                    They could have, I would have been okay with your situation, no argument here. I just was pleased that they used the name Tess in her name, and even though I don't like the name that much, it still has 'Tess' and I like that.

Comment

Was Lionel's middle name ever revealed to be 'Jules'? Or did you just randomly throw in the Earth-1 Luthor's father's name in there?

Comment

I bet that Clark will find out that Tess is Lionel's daughter in the episode "Luthor"... If I were a betting man, I would guess that [SPOILER]in the alternative universe (where Lionel adopted Clark), Tess was never given up for adoption... so when he sees Lutessa Luthor,[/SPOILER] Clark will learn the truth. Anyone else think so?
                        Last edited by Wesley_Cramer; 11-13-2010, 11:12 PM.

Comment

^ Use spoiler tags please.

Comment

Was Lionel's middle name ever revealed to be 'Jules'? Or did you just randomly throw in the Earth-1 Luthor's father's name in there?

I don't know if that is official or not... I thought I read that his middle name was Jules somewhere, but it might just be my imagination... anyway, my point is still sound...

----- Added 44 Seconds later -----

^ Use spoiler tags please.
                            Oh sorry... will fix... just sec...
                            Last edited by Wesley_Cramer; 11-13-2010, 11:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I don't know if that is official or not... I thought I read that his middle name was Jules somewhere, but it might just be my imagination... anyway, my point is still sound...
                              Oh. It would be cool if that were true though. Nice nod to the Silver Age.

----- Added 32 Seconds later -----

Oh sorry... will fix... just sec...

Thanks
                              Last edited by Exedore; 11-13-2010, 11:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Teresa or Theresa is another formal given name that is often shortened to Tess... Lutessa isn't even a real name... I thought maybe it was when I found some search results, but I don't think so...
                                Last edited by Wesley_Cramer; 11-13-2010, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎