No announcement yet.

Lois "not so mad dog" Lane

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lois "not so mad dog" Lane

Um hopefully this is not a trend with her character. As much as I like the fact that they are exploring different facets of her personality but just seeing her cooking, crying, staying home, not being at the DP, being too nice to Clark two episodes in a row is kinda too much to handle. I really want to see Lois "mad dog" Lane back.

Originally posted by Cloisdestined
    Um hopefully this is not a trend with her character. As much as I like the fact that they are exploring different facets of her personality but just seeing her cooking, crying, staying home, not being at the DP, being too nice to Clark two episodes in a row is kinda too much to handle. I really want to see Lois "mad dog" Lane back.
    I don't see any particular trend at all. I especially haven't felt there have been any instances where Lois was too nice to Clark. To explain my point of view, I'll just repost what I said on this matter elsewhere.

Lois teased Clark in Supergirl, she mocked and ditched him in Harvest, and she was very stern with him in Ambush. I've seen Lois admire Clark for the hero and love of her life that he is, but she hasn't lost her toughness.

In this episode alone, Lois was so take charge that she got involved with El family affairs without Clark's permission. I admire Lois' intentions, but I think it wasn't the best or most respectful thing to do to take charge of the situation in the way that she did (I forgive her, as did Clark). Lois also engaged in her typical banter with Clark at the end when she was discussing going out and singing some Whitesnake.

I don't miss anything about Lois' personality because I've always seen her as multifaceted. I feel like I'm just seeing sides of her that she hid away in earlier years; they always found a way of peeking through, though, especially around Clark. I like that Lois hasn't remained a static character. She evolved beautifully, in my opinion.

It's not that I don't agree that we haven't seen as much of some of Lois' more tomboyish, aggressive, quippy personality. I simply believe that it's more the situations they're putting Lois in than Lois' personality itself being altered in some way. In other words, I do think this Lois is tough, but they haven't put her in a situation which requires her particular brand of toughness as seen in previous years.

Still, I thought it was incredibly gutsy--mad dog level gutsy--to face Jor-El in the Fortress and then tell him off like she did. I thought it was incredibly gutsy for Lois to actually open that box she'd been avoiding since she was a child and watch her mother's tapes. Toughness and courage come in many forms, in other words. I respect the fact that you have a different opinion, though.

Comment

Originally posted by ginevrakent
      I don't see any particular trend at all. I especially haven't felt there have been any instances where Lois was too nice to Clark. To explain my point of view, I'll just repost what I said on this matter elsewhere.

Lois teased Clark in Supergirl, she mocked and ditched him in Harvest, and she was very stern with him in Ambush. I've seen Lois admire Clark for the hero and love of her life that he is, but she hasn't lost her toughness.

In this episode alone, Lois was so take charge that she got involved with El family affairs without Clark's permission. I admire Lois' intentions, but I think it wasn't the best or most respectful thing to do to take charge of the situation in the way that she did (I forgive her, as did Clark). Lois also engaged in her typical banter with Clark at the end when she was discussing going out and singing some Whitesnake.

I don't miss anything about Lois' personality because I've always seen her as multifaceted. I feel like I'm just seeing sides of her that she hid away in earlier years; they always found a way of peeking through, though, especially around Clark. I like that Lois hasn't remained a static character. She evolved beautifully, in my opinion.

It's not that I don't agree that we haven't seen as much of some of Lois' more tomboyish, aggressive, quippy personality. I simply believe that it's more the situations they're putting Lois in than Lois' personality itself being altered in some way. In other words, I do think this Lois is tough, but they haven't put her in a situation which requires her particular brand of toughness as seen in previous years.

Still, I thought it was incredibly gutsy--mad dog level gutsy--to face Jor-El in the Fortress and then tell him off like she did. I thought it was incredibly gutsy for Lois to actually open that box she'd been avoiding since she was a child and watch her mother's tapes. Toughness and courage come in many forms, in other words. I respect the fact that you have a different opinion, though.
      You're absolutely right. I guess I'm just not used to seeing her in such contexts, you know cooking at the farm, crying, not being at the DP.

I just don't want to have the writers do with her what they did with Lana who went from being a boring character to an even more boring character when she got with Clark.

Comment

She also teased him in this episode about wanting to sing Karaoke! So, no, Lois is definitely not getting soft. We're just seeing her in new situations which are allowing us to see more sides of the character, and I love that. What I don't love is the lack of reporter time. I'm actually getting very annoyed by that...

Comment

Originally posted by Ella
          She also teased him in this episode about wanting to sing Karaoke! So, no, Lois is definitely not getting soft. We're just seeing her in new situations which are allowing us to see more sides of the character, and I love that. What I don't love is the lack of reporter time. I'm actually getting very annoyed by that...
          Yeah, I'm definitely missing the DP. I have a good feeling we'll being seeing Lois there very soon.

Comment

yea dude. Same here. I'm not digging the flannel on her sorry

I need to see her in some tight pencil skirts and jackets and being a bad a$$ reporter

Comment

You're absolutely right. I guess I'm just not used to seeing her in such contexts, you know cooking at the farm, crying, not being at the DP.

I just don't want to have the writers do with her what they did with Lana who went from being a boring character to an even more boring character when she got with Clark.
              I agree with you.

I agree with you. They should give her more reporter time.

Yeah, I'm definitely missing the DP. I have a good feeling we'll being seeing Lois there very soon.
              I wouldn't doubt it.

I couldn't agree with this more. Well said.

Comment

We haven't seen Lois in "reporter" mode since, really, episode 5 when she was snarking it up at Cat Grant. But (from promo pics I've seen) she'll be back at the DP next week.

Comment

those days are over. she's going to be married soon. she's becoming a grown woman and is not an annoying army brat anymore.

Comment

I agree with this. And I'm glad their exploring that emotional side of Lois, I mean she is human after all, we all have emotions and she's one person who keeps it locked up inside so its kind of endearing that Clark Kent of all people can open up that part of her that no one else has been able too. Its the emotional bond she's created with Clark that's really nice to see, after all she'll be his life partner. But I still think she's Lois, she's got that snarky banter goin on with Clark there at the end, I mean they both were teasin' each other at the end there which was nice to see. I don't think much has changed its just we're seeing another layer of her that Clark's opened up because of his love.

Comment

I think the whole point of Clark seeing Lois in the future in Homecoming, was so he'd realize that knowing his secret wouldn't change her. She was just as much a hand full in the future as she is in the present.

Now that she's settled into their relationship I'm sure we'll see her back as the reporter.
                      Last edited by harryandginnyfanatic; 11-13-2010, 04:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by harryandginnyfanatic
                        I think the whole point of Clark seeing Lois in the future in Homecoming, was so he'd realize that knowing his secret wouldn't change her. She was just as much a hand full in the future as she is in the present.

Now that she's settled into their relationship I'm sure we'll see her back as the reporter.
                        I agree.

Comment

I thought Lois was fine here. Great idea for the writers to make her fix the situation between Clark and Jor-el. That said I hope we do get Lois "Mad Dog" Lane/Lois "Fast" Lane as the reporter. Im sure she'll be something like this in "Patriot".

Comment

The biggest change I'm seeing on Lois is all this PLAID!!! And the floral prints she was wearing in the beginning of the season. Guess the country living is having a bit of an effect on her taste.

She once teased Clark about all the plaid/flannel, now it seems to be a pretty big part of her wardrobe!

I'd like to see Clark give her a hard time about it!!

In her defense though, it is very in this fall, so I'm not surprised by it. I just bought 2 plaid shirts myself.

Comment

If this is just about her reporter role being on the back burner lately, then I agree.

But I don't get why Lois isn't allowed to cry, especially considering what she's been through.

This isn't necessarily directed at you, Cloisdestined, because I've seen people almost offended whenever Lois is being vulnerable.

Lois' tough exterior doesn't come out of nowhere. It's because of her family and what she's learned as a kid. And the past two episodes have dealt with exactly that. It's only logical that this is a subject that hits close to home and makes Lois' walls crumble. And Clark is the first person Lois feels comfortable enough to be vulnerable around. And that's huge.

IMO there's a very healthy balance between banter and romance.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎