No announcement yet.

Lois In the Fortress

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ClubXerxes
    It was Jor El's old move that he used on Lara back when they were dating...it's called the "Kryptonian Grope", a floating, virtual-hands-on experience...

That being said, since anyone has access to Clark's barn, when will we see a delivery man floating in the Fortress?

This scene was so wierd to me. I have no idea what to think of it. Clark came in and was all like "put her down" and then suddenly realized he could just do it himself. Strange. She came down with a sarcastic comment like nothing happened. Didn't even look dazed or anything. It was just weird.

----- Added 8 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by protector91
    Here's my take on what he did. I posted this in another thread, which dealt with why Jor-El showed Clark the holographic video and why he did what he did to Lois.

Ok this is how I see it. When Jor-El disowned Clark during Lazarus it was just a test. He wanted Clark to prove him wrong, but being the 'machine' that he is didn't think about how Clark would take what he said. Jor-El in a since made Clark easier prey for Darkseid. What Lois said to Jor-El probably made him realize what he was doing to Clark was wrong. He realized that if Lois was here without Clark that probably meant that the key was missing and Clark would eventually show up at the fortress looking for her when he realized that. To keep Lois from leaving so Clark would come he put her into that state. When Clark finally arrived Jor-El knew there wasn't anything he could say to restore Clark's faith in him so instead he played the holographic message of himself and Lara. Now Clark knows that his father always has and always will have faith in him.
    Again that's just my opinion.
    I like this take. However, why couldn't the scene be explained a bit. Lois should've asked Clark "What was he doing to me?" and have Clark give some sort of answer. I mean, wouldn't you be like "what the hell just happened to me?" Even a sarcastic comment like Lois saying "Does your father always do this sort of thing?" would've been nice. Or even she could've said "I'm ok, I think he was just holding me there for some reason ..." and then the holographic of Lara and Jor-El playing would've clued us in ('oh, AI-Jor-El was holding her there so Clark would come' ...). It's just nice when there's a bit of dialogue letting us know that what just happened is weird, but there's a reason for it, even if the reason isn't fully explained in words.
    Last edited by MissFitHooper; 11-13-2010, 09:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

maybe he was giving her a kryptogasam

Comment

i think he might of been trying to scare her away, like basically saying "get the hell out of my crib". I gotta watch that scene again to make sure.

Comment

I think he just temporarily "froze" here in there. Or maybe AI Jor-El scanned her brain and checked if her intentions were pure and not screw up Superman's destiny.
          Maybe Jor-El did a few tweaks to make Lois Kent have K-Kids Clark's spaceship made Martha pregnant... so why not?

What are the chances Clark's child flies out the window when Lois gives birth?

Comment

Originally posted by Vergon6
            MOD NOTE: Please do not make sexually explicit comments, nor respond to them
            Well, now I can't post 90% of my theories....

I'm guessing she said something that finally resonated with Mr. El (still cracks me up!) and he wanted a way to keep her there without hurting her so that he could play the standard good-bye tape that all parents make while their planet is blowing up before they send their only son light years away.

Comment

Originally posted by protector91
              Here's my take on what he did. I posted this in another thread, which dealt with why Jor-El showed Clark the holographic video and why he did what he did to Lois.

Ok this is how I see it. When Jor-El disowned Clark during Lazarus it was just a test. He wanted Clark to prove him wrong, but being the 'machine' that he is didn't think about how Clark would take what he said. Jor-El in a since made Clark easier prey for Darkseid. What Lois said to Jor-El probably made him realize what he was doing to Clark was wrong. He realized that if Lois was here without Clark that probably meant that the key was missing and Clark would eventually show up at the fortress looking for her when he realized that. To keep Lois from leaving so Clark would come he put her into that state. When Clark finally arrived Jor-El knew there wasn't anything he could say to restore Clark's faith in him so instead he played the holographic message of himself and Lara. Now Clark knows that his father always has and always will have faith in him.
              Again that's just my opinion.
              I really like what you said. It makes a lot of sense.

Comment

I still think it's Clark who made himself vulnerable. At this point he should be above taunts especially if it comes from Jor-El. He didn't kill Lex in "Lazarus" so he shouldn't have given up on himself as much as I liked what we got in "Homecoming".

Comment

Nada

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎