Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good job, Clark! You forgot to go back for the little girl!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remember that scene in the promo where Tess said her entire life is a lie? There are cop cars in the background. They probably did get the police involved and the girl was eventually found.

Comment

Originally posted by Cloisdestined
      I dont understand why he super sped out of there.

I mean it's not like he knew that Lois was at the fortress?

Or maybe he was just missing Lois a lot

There was a porch swing at home with "Clois" written all over it...

Comment

But wasn't the orphanage operation shut down? I can't imagine Clark leaving it running after what he saw. That must have been how Tess got her hands on her actual birth certificate.

Comment

Forget about "Metropolis" as the spinoff - "Offscreenville" has far more subject matter - they could be on for twenty seasons with the stuff that's happened off screen

Comment

Originally posted by KalEltheBoyscout

I did enjoy Clark atleast getting the girl out of that chair and later saving Tess. The girl prolly found a spoon under the floor boards or something and escaped.

Comment

Originally posted by BadToad
              To expand on that missed moment, I thought the fact that they just left the whole orphanage resolution for Offscreensville was a really odd choice. I guess we're to assume that somewhere, off screen, Clark and Tess made sure that the orphanage was closed down, and made sure the little girls were OK, and tried to find the Furies and have Granny Goodness arrested? Or did Granny Goodness just spirit them all away? I don't know, it feels like a pretty big thing to just let flap in the wind, and then end the episode with Clark and Lois going out for karoake.

I don't know. I guess I like the idea of Clark going in and saving the innocents and stuff, and its kind of a bummer when you create a situation like this and just leave the resolution of it in Offscreensville. JMO

But, I don't think we were supposed to believe Clark didn't go back for the little girl, and the other girls. Its just something they didn't deem important enough to show...for some reason that I don't agree with. JMO
              Agreed. That's also exactly the sort of stuff Clark writes about. "Child abuse in orphanage. Granny Goodness still at large."

Comment

Originally posted by Who
                Hahaha... I now understand why the name of this episode is "Abandoned".
                lol
                It may have been edited out, or they just assumed that no one would notice. poor kid!

Comment

maybe re remembers in next weeks episode.....

nah.it happened in offscreenville

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Magic
                    Agreed. That's also exactly the sort of stuff Clark writes about. "Child abuse in orphanage. Granny Goodness still at large."

I agree, the episode was really weak in that aspect. They could have mentioned an article in that last scene in the kitchen but they dropped the orphanage story as soon as Clark was out of there. It would have been nice to see Clark's article or at least a some kind of wrap for that storyline. Only two lines would have been enough, but the writers chose to gave more importance to Lois' tooth brush than Clark's reporting career.

Comment

Showing Clark going back to open the door to bring the girl out would be a waste of a scene. It's not important. We can just assume he did, just like we assume he feeds Shelby, even though we never see it in a scene.

Not every little thing needs to be filmed. They have limited air time.

Comment

Seriously? Everyone is worried about the one girl? What about the impromtu choir girls they need rescuing to people.

Comment

Who wrote this episode? Because there were A LOT of plot holes and poorly executed scenes. Poor little girl

Comment

This was also scratched inside the closet where Clark told her to hide...

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
                              But wasn't the orphanage operation shut down? I can't imagine Clark leaving it running after what he saw. That must have been how Tess got her hands on her actual birth certificate.
                              i like this explanation

Comment

Let the little brat rot. The valuable screen time invested in going back to rescue her would have interfered with the return of Shelby.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎