No announcement yet.

Who is older lex or tess?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Christina :)
    Tess is 32? Jeez that's way older than I thought. Cassidy Freeman looks like she's in her mid 20's.
    Freeman's 28. The actors aren't always the same age, as their roles (for example, when Clark was 14, TW was 24 years old).

Comment

I watched the episode again and I got confused, lol. Clark is telling her that the photo from the orphanage is from 20 years ago. And when Tess is speaking with Granny, she tells her that her adoptive parents didn't have her until she was 5. So I had two questions:

1) Does that mean that Tess is 25 or am I missing something?

2) Did the young Tess look like 5? I am not good at telling kids' ages.

Comment

Originally posted by Thelionessrules
        Yeah, Lionel would have never left Lillian for Pamela. It Tess is older, I can see Lionel forcing Pamela to give up Tess and giving Pamela the nanny position for Lex as a twisted consolation prize. That could explain why Pamela was so close to Lex growing up, but that must have messed with her mind so much to be close with Lex but seeing her daughter thrown away by Lionel.
        I would agree with this after finding out that the paper in Turbulence listed Tess as 30. That would confirm she was born in 1979. Plus, newspapers approximate all the time; I've seen it myself online twice just in the last week. When the Turbulence paper was written, Tess would have actually been 29. Why not round up to 30?

Perhaps Lionel could have also extorted Pamela - Lionel would agree to hire Pamela and pay her far beyond what she's worth for seeing after Lex, who would be born mere months after Tess, if she agreed not to tell Lillian about Tess. Anything is possible at that point. Then perhaps the truth started to come out, Lionel got nervous, and forced Tess into the orphanage in 1988 when she was 9 to distance himself from her as much as possible. Shortly thereafter, Lionel would have forced Granny to pass Tess along to her new family in Louisiana. Any age inconsistencies uttered from Tess in the episode can be blamed on a poor memory filled with a pain-riddled childhood. That's my best story-gap filler I can come up with; who knows, maybe we'll get more details in Luthor.

Comment

The paper in Turbulence is clearly wrong. Tess didn't know her real birthday, and likely didn't know her real age. If she was 30 in Turbulence, she'd be 32 now. However since November 12th was only a Monday in '79 and '84, Tess would have to be either 31 or 26 now. Thus, the paper had to have printed what was publicly known as Tess' birthday, which even Tess believed to be true at the time, but now knows was incorrect. Sure, the paper may possibly have been approximating or rounding, but it doesn't change the fact that they couldn't have had accurate information if Tess herself didn't even have accurate information. As far as we know, only Lionel, Pamela, and Granny Goodness knew for sure.

As for '79 or '84, you could logically reason for either one to be true at this point. Both are feasible, I just prefer the '84 possibility since it's more in line with the role of being Lex's "younger sister" and "protogé." Younger than Lex, about the same as Oliver, older than the rest. And considering how young she was when she finished college, her accomplishments to this point are still believable, while accounting for her late rise to power.

Comment

Yeah, I prefer her being born in 1984 too. Makes more sense storyline wise. As for the paper, a good idea to explain it would be that she deliberately lied about her age because she didn't want anyone to be suspicious about how a 24 year old achieved so much so soon.

But in all likelyhood, I don't believe TPTB pay a lot of attention to stuff like that.

Comment

Originally posted by DocCRP
              As for '79 or '84, you could logically reason for either one to be true at this point. Both are feasible, I just prefer the '84 possibility since it's more in line with the role of being Lex's "younger sister" and "protogé." Younger than Lex, about the same as Oliver, older than the rest. And considering how young she was when she finished college, her accomplishments to this point are still believable, while accounting for her late rise to power.
              Have you accepted the retcon with Oliver's age, then? Because it's been made pretty clear in seasons 6-8 that Lex and Oliver are of the same age. What Oliver says in Echo is far easier to dismiss than what we saw with our own eyes in Reunion, Eternal, etc.

As for the actors' ages, I don't understand why they matter in this context. Yes, Michael is visibly older than Cassidy, but then again, Сassidy is younger than Tom, yet it's Clark who's supposed to be younger than Tess. Michael looks older than Justin, yet, like it's been pointed out on this thread, Lex and Ollie are peers. None of the main actors was believable as a high school student in season 4 (IMO), yet we were supposed to suspend our disbelief.

Comment

I always felt oliver was just being dramatic when he said he was 5.....

And the main actors weren't believable as freshman so yeah

Comment

I remember her mother now, she only appeared in one epoisde. She died the same time Whitney dad died. I imagine Test would have been in her early 20's during that time. MAn Lex did'nt grow up with any of his siblings. If she was born in 1984 that would make her 6 days older then me. This would have made her 17 during that time. Man she would have been a junior in highschool just like me in season one.

Comment

Well like Whitney's father, she died offscreen, but not necessarily on the same day. My guess is that she was alive for perhaps a few more days or a week or 2 after the episode Crush. I think Lex said he could help her, but I'm not sure how much he could have helped a cancer patient who was in the later stages of skin cancer. But her appearance was in the same episode that Whitney's father died.

Comment

Even if the birth certificate states that Tess is older, that doesn't make any sense. It could have been forged by Lionel for whatever reason. Lex is obviously older, as the woman whom Lionel had an affair with was Lex's nanny.

Comment

Originally posted by Kneel before Zod
                        Even if the birth certificate states that Tess is older, that doesn't make any sense. It could have been forged by Lionel for whatever reason. Lex is obviously older, as the woman whom Lionel had an affair with was Lex's nanny.
                        I don't think the camera showed the year on the certificate. And even if it did, does that even mean anything when so many things have been retconned? Logically, it makes more sense that Lionel met Pamela after she became Lex's nanny. But there are many other explanations too found in the thread that talks about Pamela leaving Lillian's shares of stock to Lex rather than Tess that explain that Tess is younger.

What I'd like to know is until now, what did Tess think about her life as a child? Did she know that years of her life were missing? I mean she would have to. If the first 8 or so years of her memories were wiped by Granny, then why wouldn't she have investigated what happened to her memories like Lex did when Lionel took those 6 weeks away from him? Until now, it didn't seem like anything was bothering her regarding her childhood. I don't know if Granny in the Smallville universe has the power to create false memories like the technology at Summerholt & Luthorcorp (when Lex made the Julian clones like Grant & Adrian) eventually did.

Comment

Originally posted by Kneel before Zod
                          Could the knew her before Lex was born and became her Nanny afterwards. The real question we should be asking, did Lillian know. I thought she was going end up being Lex twin sister. They do have simular personalites. Clark did say it's been 20 years. So I guess this flashback took place in 1990 but was it exactly 20 years. Give or take two years would have made the flash back 1988-1992. She's pretty close to Lex age, even if the orignal Lex was older his Clone is still her little brother. Let's be glad Lional did'nt take her to smallville in 1989. Might have been her with a bald head, man she may have even develope powers instead.
                          Last edited by kp1984; 11-23-2010, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Lucas was 18 when Clark was 15. Tess-1978, Lex-1980, Lucas-circa 1984/1985, and Julian about 1990/1991. Julian was born within a year of Lex loosing his hair in 1989.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

I'm guessing Pamela was a Luthorcorp employee shortly before Lex was born and became the nanny to help with Lex.

----- Added 6 Minutes later -----

Here's an idea. The Veritas Group got messages from space around 1986 right? I'm guessing that the flashback was in 1986/1987 and Lionel may have wanted her away so he could pursue the traveler. Remember he came to SV for him, and took Lex because of Lillian's suggestion. It might have been his way of protecting his children. He did look out for Lucas for a time and lost him for awhile.
                            Last edited by Superboy2; 11-16-2010, 04:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

after reading all your comments all i can thinks itīs that even the writers donīt know ... but we can always ask

Comment

I think my idea akes sense.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎