Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is older lex or tess?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

How exactly was it established that Tess was 30 last year? I don't remember Turbulence... Was this according to Tess or some physical test?

She clearly didn't know it was her birthday yesterday, so isn't it possible she had her birthyear wrong as well? I'm pretty sure Tess would have to be younger than Lex... Why would they choose an actress a whopping 10 years younger than Michael Rosembaum if that wasn't the case?

Comment

I think all this nitpicking about dates & ages is worthless when the show has the track record of ignoring such things in the last several seasons. So I'm giving up. For me, if Tess was his first child, it would make sense that he would stay with Pamela & have divorced Lillian since he had no reason to stay with her if Lex wasn't around, especially if he was married to her but having an affair & his first child with Pamela. That to me just doesn't make sense.

Comment

Tess is the oldest. They send her away because Lionel wanted a boy instead of a girl and as soon as he found out that Lillian was pregnant with a boy the wheels in his brain was turning and a couple years later he sent away Tess.

It was Tess
        then Lex
        Lucas
        Julian

Comment

Originally posted by DocCRP
          How exactly was it established that Tess was 30 last year? I don't remember Turbulence... Was this according to Tess or some physical test?
          Towards the end of Turbulence, in the montage, Clark is shown reading the aritcle about Tess surviving the plane crush. Tha article states that she is 30. I never got why they had to make her older than Lex in the first place...

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
            Towards the end of Turbulence, in the montage, Clark is shown reading the aritcle about Tess surviving the plane crush. Tha article states that she is 30. I never got why they had to make her older than Lex in the first place...
            Don't forget these are the same people that made Oliver be Clark's age last season after he was initially presented as being in the same grade/class as Lex.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
              Don't forget these are the same people that made Oliver be Clark's age last season after he was initially presented as being in the same grade/class as Lex.
              Which just mean that Lex got beat up by someone significantly younger than him

I blocked out what Oliver said to Clark last year. To me he is the same age as Lex.

Comment

Found it:

Oliver's age was retconned based on what he said in Echo about him being 5 when his parents died whereas he was the same age as Lex was from the events seen in Reunion & the flashbacks seen during the Veritas storyline. So Oliver was originally 9 when his parents died but became 5. So Oliver went from being 6 years older than Clark (same age as Lex) to being 2 years older than Clark (4 years younger than Lex). That would make the flashbacks in Reunion seem ridiculous.

Comment

Oh yeah. These ages are all over the place. As you said, we are better off not trying to make sense of it.

Comment

The article was probably based on an interview with her or on her "best known" publicly available profile at the time. However, it's clear now that she didn't know when she was really born. Let's assume the writers thought through the aforementioned fact that November 12th was a Monday in '79 and '84. It means her age of 30 as of March 2009 doesn't even line up, meaning that the writer of that article had what is now confirmed to be wrong information.

Still doesn't prove whether she's older or younger than Lex, '79 or '84. It just proves that the information in Turbulence was based on false information and shouldn't be considered. Personally, I'm inclined to think Lex is older than Lena given their accomplishments up to this point and their actors' ages, but you could reason for either case.

Comment

I think all this nitpicking about dates & ages is worthless when the show has the track record of ignoring such things in the last several seasons. So I'm giving up. For me, if Tess was his first child, it would make sense that he would stay with Pamela & have divorced Lillian since he had no reason to stay with her if Lex wasn't around, especially if he was married to her but having an affair & his first child with Pamela. That to me just doesn't make sense.
                      Lillian: An upperclass woman, from a rich family, with important business contacts.

Pamela: Working class woman, who worked as a nanny.

Lionel was a greedy little man. Admitting to having slept with and concieved a child, with another woman and then left Lillian, would've surely affected Luthorcorp, once the scandal was out. He'd lose all business contact, he's made through Lillian (along with her fortune) and she'd probably take half his his company and fortune, in the divorce.
                      The idea of leaving Lillian, for a working class woman, would've never crossed his greedy little mind.

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
                        Lillian: An upperclass woman, from a rich family, with important business contacts.

Pamela: Working class woman, who worked as a nanny.

Lionel was a greedy little man. Admitting to having slept with and concieved a child, with another woman and then left Lillian, would've surely affected Luthorcorp, once the scandal was out. He'd lose all business contact, he's made through Lillian (along with her fortune) and she'd probably take half his his company and fortune, in the divorce.
                        The idea of leaving Lillian, for a working class woman, would've never crossed his greedy little mind.
                        ITA...Lionel would had stayed with Lillian regardless if Tess was first/second born or even if he loved Pamela. His motivates have always been about money/power (at least until Clark came along).

Comment

Originally posted by pizzahead2490
                          Which just mean that Lex got beat up by someone significantly younger than him

I blocked out what Oliver said to Clark last year. To me he is the same age as Lex.
                          He said that he was five when his parents died (don't remember the episode though). Since Lionel was reading about the Queen's death in the helicopter right before the MS in 1989, that makes Oliver 4 years younger than Lex and 1 year older than Lois and 2-3 years older than Clark/Lana/Chloe (according to her headstone, Chloe was born in 1987)

But it makes no sense that even a bald Lex would be bullied at Excelsior by an Oliver who was four years younger than him.

One could argue that the paper in Turbulence got the age wrong (happens all the time IRL) but I think it's a moot point since the writers simply don't care the way we do.
                          Last edited by DJ Doena; 11-13-2010, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Yeah, Lionel would have never left Lillian for Pamela. It Tess is older, I can see Lionel forcing Pamela to give up Tess and giving Pamela the nanny position for Lex as a twisted consolation prize. That could explain why Pamela was so close to Lex growing up, but that must have messed with her mind so much to be close with Lex but seeing her daughter thrown away by Lionel.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Doena
                              He said that he was five when his parents died (don't remember the episode though). Since Lionel was reading about the Queen's death in the helicopter right before the MS in 1989, that makes Oliver 4 years younger than Lex and 1 year older than Lois and 2-3 years older than Clark/Lana/Chloe (according to her headstone, Chloe was born in 1987)

But it makes no sense that even a bald Lex would be bullied at Excelsior by an Oliver who was four years younger than him.

One could argue that the paper in Turbulence got the age wrong (happens all the time IRL) but I think it's a moot point since the writers simply don't care the way we do.
                              That retcon was in Echo as I pointed out in another thread. And it was a retcon based on what we saw in Reunion & what we saw in the flashbacks Lex, Oliver, Patricia & Jason playing together in the Veritas episodes. A 5 year old would have been considerably smaller than a bunch of 9 year olds.

Comment

I thought Lex was the oldest,but who knows how many other Luthor offspring will pop up next.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎