Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is older lex or tess?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, Lionel had 4 kids,but what were the order of birth for all 4 ? Lex, Lucas, Tess and Julian.

Will we see the return of Lucas ? Can they hire Paul Wesley away from the Vampire Diaries for a couple days of Smallville shooting ?

Comment

I think it's Lex, Tess, Lucas, and Julian. Lucas seemed to be close to Clark's age. Maybe a year or 2 older.

Comment

Originally posted by JRWolfe
        Ok, Lionel had 4 kids,but what were the order of birth for all 4 ? Lex, Lucas, Tess and Julian.
        1. Tess (1978/79).
        2. Lex (1980).
        3. Lucas (probably around the same time, as Chloe, Lana & Clark. As Rachel Dunlevy thought (through her contact with Chloe, who would've stated Clark's year of birth), that he was her son. Meaning, they'd have to have been born, the same year).
        4. Julian (early 90's).

Comment

Actually, wouldn't Lucas have to be younger than Clark? If Clark's adoption from Metropolis United Charities happened in 1989 when he was about 2 or 3 years old and Lucas was taken from Rachel as a newborn (I may be incorrect about this), then doesn't that mean that Clark is older? Or was Lucas also 3 when he was taken away from Rachel? I know Clark & Lucas were the only ones who were dealt with Metropolis United Charities. Then again, I think I remember the paperwork regarding Lucas just turned up not long before Lucas did in Prodigal. So he may not have even been involved with MUC, just made to look like he was when Lionel needed paperwork when Lex was looking for his half brother.

Comment

Where was it stated that Tess was born in 78?

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Doena
              Where was it stated that Tess was born in 78?
              In Turbulence (aired in march, 2009), it was established that Tess was 30 years old. So, she was born in 1978/79 (depending on which month, she's born in. If she's born in Janurary, february or early march, she's born in 1979. However, if she's born somewhere between april and december, she's born in 1978).
              Last edited by jon-el87; 11-13-2010, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
                In Turbulence (aired in march, 2009), it was established that Tess was 30 years old. So, she was born in 1978/79 (depending on which month, she's born in. If she's born in Janurary, february or early march, she's born in 1979. However, if she's born somewhere between april and december, she's born in 1978).
                Well in one of the season 9 episodes, Oliver's age was retconned to be younger than Lex & in fact very close to Clark's age. So I don't know if anything from the past means anything anymore since they could do the same with any other character. I don't think Lionel would have gotten rid of Tess if she was his first child. I'm not even sure Clark is 23 now (turning 24 in May) or if he was made older (closer to Tom's age).

Comment

^^I have brought forth a speculation, that there were already a child in the Luthor home (that then probably died, at some point, in the 80's). Or Lionel could've just sent Tess away, because she was a girl (and he wanted a son).

Comment

Tess' birth certificate didn't list which year she was born in, but it DID list the day of the week - Monday, November 12. That narrows it down to 2 years - 1979 or 1984. If it was 1979, she'd be older than Lex; 1984, she's younger.

I'm inclined to think Lex is the oldest. What was the exact phrase and context used in Turbulence regarding the 30 years old? She may have been approximating and/or Tess stated in the beginning of Abandoned that she was given that ballerina when it wasn't her birthday when it actually was, meaning Tess' wiped memory/records made her forget her actual birthday, so she could have been off with her age as well.

Comment

Originally posted by jcmaguire
                      Tess' birth certificate didn't list which year she was born in, but it DID list the day of the week - Monday, November 12. That narrows it down to 2 years - 1979 or 1984. If it was 1979, she'd be older than Lex; 1984, she's younger.

I'm inclined to think Lex is the oldest. What was the exact phrase and context used in Turbulence regarding the 30 years old? She may have been approximating and/or Tess stated in the beginning of Abandoned that she was given that ballerina when it wasn't her birthday when it actually was, meaning Tess' wiped memory/records made her forget her actual birthday, so she could have been off with her age as well.
                      That's good thinking. But I guarantee you that unlike you, the writers didn't care enough to research what year Monday, November 12 fell on.

I think Tess is about 2-3 years younger than Lex & Oliver. Otherwise I don't think she would have been doing the research she did in those flashback scenes of Toxic. I wonder how old Oliver & Tess were supposed to be in those flashbacks and how many years before Lex brought Tess into Luthorcorp those flashbacks took place.

Comment

At what point in Turbulence was it established that she was 30? I wonder if I missed it.

Comment

Originally posted by liebevision
                          Tess was born 11/12/78 anyone remember when lex was born?
                          That would put Tess at about 23 years old when the show started. How old was Lex?

Comment

I don't remember from "Turbulence" her mentioning the year she was born, but 1979 is probably the most likely year.

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by newtonh20
                            That would put Tess at about 23 years old when the show started. How old was Lex?
                            Lex said he was 9 when the meteor shower happened, so he's 21 in the "Pilot." So his birthday is somewhere in January, 1980 while Tess was on November 12, 1979. In essence, Tess is just a couple months older than Lex so that was probably was Lionel chose to send her away and force Pamela to raise Lex.
                            Last edited by UpandAtom; 11-13-2010, 09:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by UpandAtom
                              I don't remember from "Turbulence" her mentioning the year she was born, but 1979 is probably the most likely year.

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Lex said he was 9 when the meteor shower happened, so he's 21 in the "Pilot." So his birthday is somewhere in January, 1980 while Tess was on November 12, 1979. In essence, Tess is just a couple months older than Lex so that was probably was Lionel chose to send her away and force Pamela to raise Lex.
                              I just thought of something---Lex has to be the oldest because why would Lionel have hired Pamela, who was a nanny, before Lex was ever born? I doubt Lionel knew her from before Lex was born because she would have hated him & left Lionel long before Lex was born. So Lex has to be the oldest & it's only logical Lionel met Pamela once she began watching after Lex.

Comment

^^I have brought forth a speculation, that there were already a child in the Luthor home (that then probably died, at some point, in the 80's). Or Lionel could've just sent Tess away, because she was a girl (and he wanted a son).
                                That's what I figured. In his early days, Lionel was enough of a bastard to abandon Tess, both because he wanted a male heir, which he later got, and for fear of his affair becoming public and hurting his reputation because he had her by someone who was not his wife.

Originally posted by xrayvision
                                I just thought of something---Lex has to be the oldest because why would Lionel have hired Pamela, who was a nanny, before Lex was ever born? I doubt Lionel knew her from before Lex was born because she would have hated him & left Lionel long before Lex was born. So Lex has to be the oldest & it's only logical Lionel met Pamela once she began watching after Lex.
                                She could have been doing other work for him besides just being a nanny, she could have been a maid or something. Maybe Pamela became Lex's nanny because she had experience with young children.

Hell, Lionel Luthor was never one to care about adequate child care.

-Lex he physically and verbally abused.
                                -Lucas he abandoned because he was illegitimate, and in Lionel's words (Persona) a "nuisance", and he already had a male heir.
                                -Julian he planned to pit against Lex, destroying the brothers love for one another, to the point where Lilian had to murder him in order to save his soul.
                                -And now Tess he abandoned because she was illegitimate and a female heir, neither of which he wanted; so he cast her out to be abused at the hands of GG and later some Louisiana hicks he had adopt her.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎