No announcement yet.

The Furies

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ManOfSteel87
    So, if Tess was trained by Granny Goodness and escaped, would that make her kind of a Smallville version of Big Barda? You know, Barda was trained by Granny in the comics and was supposed to be the best of the Furies, and one day lead them, but she escaped Apokolips with Scott Free aka Mister Miracle.
    No, I don't think so. Mercy and Barda are two separate people, if I recall correctly.

Comment

This was just the introduction to the Furies, Granny, etc so I was not expecting that much. When there is the battle, we will see how the writers/producers treat the characters.

Comment

Originally posted by thereason
        lol @ how Clark took her out in less than a sec

LMAO! I almost fell off my chair when I saw that.

Comment

Originally posted by geminis
          No, I don't think so. Mercy and Barda are two separate people, if I recall correctly.
          Yeah, Mercy was Granny's dog in the comics. Part of Darkseid's "Hounds" or "elite soldiers" was to train their dogs, which Granny named hers Mercy. Through training and battle, the "Hounds" and their dogs would form a bond. The final part of the "Hounds" training were to then kill their dogs. Granny instead killed her trainer for ordering her to do this, but then Darkseid ordered Mercy to attack Granny which caused Granny to kill Mercy. Because Granny had trained Mercy so well to blindly follow Darkseid, he put her in charge of training the Furies in hopes that she would do just as good a job with them.

Barda, as I said, was trained by Granny to be the leader of the Furies. She was supposed to be the best of them. However, Barda escaped Apokolips when she met Scott Free, who would later become Mister Miracle. This is pretty much in line with the story laid out about Tess tonight, other than the part about Scott Free, which is why I brought it up. I'm not saying Tess IS Barda, just that her story tonight resembled Barda's story in the comics.

Comment

I thought this was a pretty decent way to introduce the Furies, remember people they will most likely return. I got a kick out of Lindsay's Freddy Claws, that was awesome

Comment

The fighting was so lame, the acting(only furies) was so lame, ...disappointed. I was expected like black canary's first fight with clark or like tess and lana fight. I think the producers made wrong on choosing the director. Because they had a lot of good fights with a low budget in the past.

Comment

More bare female midriffs than the Hellcats promos. Not that I'm complaining.

Comment

a regular swat team could take them down with one shot...so I don't see on how these furies can be considered anything close to as how dangerous they really are in the comics.

Comment

Originally posted by MsNJS
                    Lindsey Hartley was VERY underwhelming. Bad in fact.
                    yeah well this was just a ploy to get justin's wife on show.

no offense but nobody should get preferential treatment coz of who they know, every casting should go through auditions, regular, guest, recurring, even extras.

only the best for smallville.

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by SuperNinjaAlex
                    they werent really menacing just well there if it wasnt for the kryptonite all clark had to do was swat em like flys
                    yeah so much for them being "furies", but i dont expect them to be anywhere near superman.
                    Last edited by BlueRanger; 11-13-2010, 07:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Clark needed a good 5 minute brawl with them. They were taken down way too easily. Its like they didn't know what furies were meant to be. They are the elite guard.

Comment

Underwhelming. And they were basically useless without the Green K.

Comment

Originally posted by Estro-gen X
                          Clark needed a good 5 minute brawl with them. They were taken down way too easily. Its like they didn't know what furies were meant to be. They are the elite guard.
                          Maybe if/when they rumble with Clark again, they'll be more Fury-ous, instead of Fury-lite.

Comment

When Clark saved Tess, all the furies should have piled over Clark only for him to throw them all off at the same time or something. I mean where did they all disapear to after the basement/sparring scene?

Comment

Originally posted by Exedore
                              Underwhelming. And they were basically useless without the Green K.
                              Yeah. This.

I will say, on a more positive note, I am happy with Darkseid's Elite (Granny, Godfrey and Desaad). I want to see more of them all together.

Comment

They were the worst part of the episode. They shouldve stuck closer to the comic counterparts. They are basically newgods afterall and are the best of the best on their homeworld.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎