No announcement yet.

clark is forever fixing that tractor!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clark is forever fixing that tractor!

seriously, i had to laugh as i watched him yet again put a wrench to that thing. someone really needs to compile all the scenes where he's fixing the old tractor. i bet she even has a name.

Maybe he keeps throwing the tractor around like in "Perry".

Comment

I love it! It's Clark's Therapy!

Comment

I thought it was rather brilliant that he as out there fixing the tractor in this episode.

The last time we saw Clark out there was in "Charade"---an episode that was also penned by Henderson and Whitehead.

It seems clear that Clark is drawn to that kind of manual labor when he's feeling emotionally frustrated or conflicted. In "Charade" he was out there banging around because he was intensely frustrated over what happened with Lois. In this episode, he was probably out there because he felt unsettled over fighting with Lois' father and the conflict that had occurred again between he and Lois.

It's an interesting metaphor for Clark. When push comes to shove....he grew up on a farm and he is his father's son. When Jonathan Kent used to get upset or fight with Martha....what would he do? He would throw himself into farm chores. Like Jonathan said in the premiere, "Chores Clark. Work keeps a man honest."

I find it subtly touching that Clark seems to do the same thing his father did. He turns to hard work that he has to do with his hands (no powers involved )whenever he's feeling emotionally frustrated. That's one of his ways of working through it.

Comment

Originally posted by SVfan87
          seriously, i had to laugh as i watched him yet again put a wrench to that thing. someone really needs to compile all the scenes where he's fixing the old tractor. i bet she even has a name.
          IA. Clark and tractor = Clactor? Trark?

I find it subtly touching that Clark seems to do the same thing his father did. He turns to hard work that he has to do with his hands (no powers involved )whenever he's feeling emotionally frustrated. That's one of his ways of working through it.
          Nice point, Audrey.

Comment

The climax of this series won't be Clark wearing the cape and flying. It will be fixing gthe damn tractor and riding it with Jonathan's spirit next to him.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
              The climax of this series won't be Clark wearing the cape and flying. It will be fixing gthe damn tractor and riding it with Jonathan's spirit next to him.

Comment

It's not a tractor. It's a gyrocopter in disguise. Superman will ride it while it soars through the sky: Chariot of the god.

Comment

Indeed, with Clark looking at the camera, smiling and saying "good bye" like another vid we've seen....

Comment

Nice post Audrey...Not only that but from my experience in the past of living on a farm with old tractors and farm machinery, they break down a lot. Farmers spend a lot of time in machinery maintenance.

Comment

Some one buy that poor guy a new tractor already.
                      Last edited by Alicia Chipy; 11-06-2010, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Audrey229
                        I thought it was rather brilliant that he as out there fixing the tractor in this episode.

The last time we saw Clark out there was in "Charade"---an episode that was also penned by Henderson and Whitehead.

It seems clear that Clark is drawn to that kind of manual labor when he's feeling emotionally frustrated or conflicted. In "Charade" he was out there banging around because he was intensely frustrated over what happened with Lois. In this episode, he was probably out there because he felt unsettled over fighting with Lois' father and the conflict that had occurred again between he and Lois.

It's an interesting metaphor for Clark. When push comes to shove....he grew up on a farm and he is his father's son. When Jonathan Kent used to get upset or fight with Martha....what would he do? He would throw himself into farm chores. Like Jonathan said in the premiere, "Chores Clark. Work keeps a man honest."

Amen.

And hey- what can ya say... Clark likes "high maintenance" things in his life.

Comment

Originally posted by BoyScout-ManOfTomorrow
                          Maybe he keeps throwing the tractor around like in "Perry".
                          Tractors aren't toys Clark... It is interesting that like Jonathan he turns to manual labour when he needs to think. It's the only time when he can be a man...

Comment

Like father like son, seems like both Jonathan and Clark go to the tractor when they are frustrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaotic Akasha
                              Tractors aren't toys Clark... It is interesting that like Jonathan he turns to manual labour when he needs to think. It's the only time when he can be a man...
                              Lois might disagree with you on that comment.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎