Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think was "the question" Clark asked The General?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cloisdestined
    I'm sure he's not too keen on maintaining a pre-marital sexual relationship
    Clark cleary does not have any problem with pre-marital sex.

Comment

• Originally posted by amberdawn
      Clark cleary does not have any problem with pre-marital sex.
      Hm. Maybe you're right. He did do it after all. I don't know I always thought if given the choice between the two, he would prefer to be married as opposed to maintaining a pre-marital sexual relationship. I can totally be wrong though. It's just an inference I drew from his characterization and upbringing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cloisdestined
        Once you know that someone is IT for you, there is absolutely no point in hesitating.

Exactly. There is nothing more for Clark to think about, this is about Clark Kent the person and honestly I say about time Clark had some much needed stability and happiness in his personal life, he deserves it since I saw this guy back in S1, he deserves to enjoy the perks and love that being committed to someone he loves brings. Good on him for asking the General.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shootza
          Exactly. There is nothing more for Clark to think about, this is about Clark Kent the person and honestly I say about time Clark had some much needed stability and happiness in his personal life, he deserves it since I saw this guy back in S1, he deserves to enjoy the perks and love that being committed to someone he loves brings. Good on him for asking the General.
          Yup Clark knows Lois inside out. heck she tells him the color of her underwear everyday . He has known for 6 years. She lived at his farm. They have been in a relationship for arnd a year or less. He has spoken to her as the blur which he confessed made him fall deeper in love with her. He has told her his secret out of his own complete volition. He has told her that he loves her and was so at peace that he floated. They have consummated their marriage, judging by ambush certainly more than once. Lois and Clark are best friends, partners, lovers. They both know that they are IT for each other. In light of all that, I think a proposal is naturally the next step.

Comment

• Clark: General, I want to join the army!

orrrrr

Clark: About Lois an me.....ummm last week we were in this village and ummm ya know Lois shouldn't trust strange little girls dressed in XIX century fashion, could you tell her that? She'll listen to you right?

and the last orrrrrr:

"Sir, can I have regular sex with your daughter? I mean like 5 times a week or so? It's sooooo, umm, Super'

Last edited by ox007; 11-09-2010, 05:02 AM.

Comment

• Has everyone forgotten how Clark started

Originally posted by REebee52
              I thought it was clear he was asking the general to come to thanksgiving dinner. Did I miss something?

Also, while I like Lois and Clark, if this series ends with a "Wedding Episode," I'm going to fly into a state of such ire that no living being could console me.
              Clark said, "Actually, about Lois and I, there was something I was wanting to ask you."

How does "about Lois and I" lead into an invitation to Thanksgiving dinner or an invitation to carve the turkey followed by Clark's beaming expression which is so bright that Lois knows something is up?

Comment

• I don't think he was asking the General to dinner, since the General already said that thanks to the Blur saving them, they would all be enjoying a homecooked thanksgiving meal. Unless the General is a superfast cook, I think it's safe to say Lois already invited him for dinner.

Comment

• Originally posted by liana
                  He said, in Salvation, that he realized she was the one he has always needed in Metallo, the second episode of season 9. In another words, he knew he was in love in that moment. When you take into account the events of Pandora ("I died when you left"), with a Clark that has been without Lois since Doomsday, and realized he was in love with her during the year they were apart, welll... You can't say he fell in love with her during season 9.

It is show's canon that Clark fell in love with her somewhere in season 8. In Pandora's Alternate future, he realized it because of the pain he felt during a whole year. In our regular continuity, he realized it in Metallo. That is the show canon, regardless if someone agrees with it or not.

I am not saying that because I want him to propose now. I want him to propose before the show ends, but I would be perfectly happy with him proposing in the last episode. But the show has told us, consistently, that Clark has been in love with Lois since the end of season 8, at the very least. That would mean 1 year and half.

My parents got engaged 4 months after they started dating (and they started dating the same day they met). They got married a year after they met, and they have been married for 48 years, and they are, to this day, happily in love with each other. My elder brother got married 8 months after meeting my sister in law, and they have been happy for 8 years. My other brother got married also after knowing my other sister in law for less than a year, and they have been married for 20 years.

I think I am the only one that dated for 5 years before getting married, and that was because we had no way of getting married before. We already knew we wanted to a year after we started dating.

That is why I don't get why it is too soon when two people have known each other for 7 years, and had dated for 1. I have known people who dated for 7 years, got married and divorced in less than one.

I agree and i am for the proposal, they have known each other for so long and have been through so much crap that their souls was connected from the first day they met. It was meant to be no matter what anyone says....i trust that Clark will propose to her in his own special way.

----- Added 10 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Alexander III
                  Oh...I thought Clark asked the General for a tank as a present for Lois's birthday.

Oh yeah, i can just see the look on Lois's face
                  Last edited by Crisi71; 11-09-2010, 11:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• "About Lois and I...PERMISSION TO MANHANDLE HER, SIR?!"

Comment

• I couldn't vote because my choice is kinda missing which is "Can I marry your daughter?"

Comment

• Originally posted by BoyScout-ManOfTomorrow
                        "About Lois and I...PERMISSION TO MANHANDLE HER, SIR?!"
                        So much for asking daddy first.

Comment

• Originally posted by tnr105
                          [SPOILER]For Lois' hand in marriage! According to spoilers, Lois and Clark's relationship changes forever in Icarus, and according to this article from E Online, Clois is one of three possible couples that will be engaged. They are announcing which couple in 3 weeks, which is around the time Icarus airs. http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watc...s_getting.html[/SPOILER]

Why couldn't Clark ask Lois at the Thanksgiving Dinner Table, that would be more romantic!
                          How interesting! I can't wait to see how this plays out! I love it!

Comment

• I'm dying happily too!!!!

Couldn't believe that Clark asked the General for his blessing ...BUT SO HAPPY about it....WOOOOOT WOOOOOOT !!
                            Last edited by SVrockschar89; 11-11-2010, 12:17 PM.

Comment

• It's about time!

Comment

• Haha! Very nice choices. I went with Do you think ambush was way better filler than last weeks? The answer would've been YES of course.

Although, he could have also asked him why he had a Darkseid quality to his voice.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎