No announcement yet.

So there is a Purgatory in Supernatural

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So there is a Purgatory in Supernatural

I wonder what Supernatural's Purgatory will be like. And if there's a way for souls there to get out. This will be cool to find out. Though I don't think Sam would end up there if he's killed since he has no soul to be reaped---that is if he can even be killed. And given that Sam is one of a kind now (a being without a soul) I doubt there is a place for soulless bodies to go to.

----- Added 44 Minutes later -----

I also wonder if Purgatory in Supernatural will be a go-between where after a certain number of years the souls there will be released into Heaven for serving their punishment or if it's a permanent place for them. And if such a place was created, who created it & why? Did the mothers of the respective Alphas (or mother if there's a single creator of all monsters) create it? Or did God feel the need to create it to keep the souls of those monsters there once this/these mother(s) created the abominations that are the monsters? And why isn't there a guardian there to lay down some order like there is in Heaven & hell? Or is there a guardian that Crowley doesn't know of yet, therefore mistakenly calling it "undeveloped real estate"? And how does Crowley know he can even get there? He can't get to Heaven.
    Last edited by xrayvision; 11-05-2010, 07:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Crowley made it seem that Purgatory is adjacent/next door to Hell, but I think it surrounds Hell. In Divine Comedy, Dante travels upwards, from Hell, to Purgatory, then to Heaven. If Purgatory is supposedly adjacent to Hell and not on Earth as it seemed like on TDC, then I think Purgatory surrounds Hell instead, which can still be in the "middle" between Hell and Heaven.

Comment

Originally posted by Anno_Domini
      Crowley made it seem that Purgatory is adjacent/next door to Hell, but I think it surrounds Hell. In Divine Comedy, Dante travels upwards, from Hell, to Purgatory, then to Heaven. If Purgatory is supposedly adjacent to Hell and not on Earth as it seemed like on TDC, then I think Purgatory surrounds Hell instead, which can still be in the "middle" between Hell and Heaven.
      If what you're saying is true, then maybe he's seeking Purgatory because he wants to use it to enter Heaven. I don't know. I'd think between Purgatory & Heaven, there would be a vast seperation since no demon/abomination is supposed to be able to enter God's divine home. If it is adjacent to Purgatory, then there must be a massive army of angels guarding the border.

Comment

Well, it does make some sense that Purgatory is closer to Hell, as, the way Crowley and the Alpha makes mentions of it, it is more of a place for the supernatural creatures, and not a place that judges souls as in TDC. Purgatory is more of a place where the supernatural elements go to rest, and it could possibly have some torture elements for the fairly wicked creatures, and a more relaxing place for the not-so-evil creatures. And with the angels guarding Pugatory, I can't see that as a possibility as Purgatory has been known as a place where the fallen angels are sent to.

I would say, imo, that this is the blueprint:

There is Hell, which is at the center of the Earth and the core of the Earth is also within Hell, as the "fiery pit". Then surrounding Hell is Purgatory, a place that keeps Hell within its limits so it would never expand and a place for the supernatural elements to rest, or, perhaps to an extent, is a place to torture the very evil of creatures(such as a Wendigo or Woman in White, I think could possibly rest in Purgatory). Then surrounding Purgatory is Earth, and pass the stars and everything is Heaven, so God and the angels are up there, witnessing everything.

And speaking of the Woman in White...when she was pulled down into that black hole of liquid by her children, could that have been Purgatory? I know it's not something Kripke had thought of, but we never were given an explanation and Sera could easily call that "an entrance to Purgatory".
        Last edited by Anno_Domini; 11-08-2010, 09:50 AM.

Comment

correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't beings without souls supposed to wind up in limbo, not purgatory?

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
            If what you're saying is true, then maybe he's seeking Purgatory because he wants to use it to enter Heaven. I don't know. I'd think between Purgatory & Heaven, there would be a vast seperation since no demon/abomination is supposed to be able to enter God's divine home. If it is adjacent to Purgatory, then there must be a massive army of angels guarding the border.
            I think he is looking for it for souls souls are valuable.

Comment

Originally posted by protector91
              correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't beings without souls supposed to wind up in limbo, not purgatory?
              isnt limbo and pergatory the same thing?

Comment

Originally posted by protector91
                Well in Dante's Inferno, Limbo is the first circle of Hell for the unbaptized and pagans, as Purgatory is its own thing(funny, because Pagan Gods, when they die, most likely go on to Purgatory). Plus, Purgatory, it seems in SPN's universe, is solely for the supernatural creatures, and imo, Lilith as I believe she, as the Alpha demon, was the mother of all creatures and after Sam killed her, she moved unto Purgatory.

Originally posted by peggyc
                Human souls, sure. Especially souls from living humans, but souls from already dead creatures?

Originally posted by superhippie2000
                isnt limbo and pergatory the same thing?
                Well, as I stated above, Limbo belongs in Hell and Purgatory is its own thing, and I think, for the most part, Supernatural are trying to stay true with the nine circles of Hell but they did change up Purgatory a bit to make it a place for monsters and not just a place where souls can try to achieve in moving up to Heaven.
                Last edited by Anno_Domini; 11-09-2010, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by peggyc
                  That's what I thought too. I would think if you could take a human soul and torture it into becoming a demon, then taking a "monster's" soul would create a whole other level of demon.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎