Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The most romantic line Clark Kent has ever spoken...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

To me it was a very romantic thing that he said and he was so earnest and sincere but what really nailed it for me was LOIS LET CLARK DRIVE!!!!!! Yes they are truly and deeply in love.....what a journey it has been...lolol

Comment

Homecoming

The final scene where he creates the most romantic i have seen in the barn the glitter dance ball as Lois enters and rambles as she always does when she gets nervous he tells her to shut up and "COME HERE" my heart just melted

Comment

I totally agree with the line in the barn and journal gift being the top romantic one to Lois. But that was the very first response anyone said, so a huge number of great lines are missed.

I'm going to point out one that I haven't seen referenced anywhere. There's been an ongoing question of why Clark hadn't told Lois long before, and that has been frustrating for all us Clois shippers, given how many people he did tell her and how well she always reacted in alternate realities when she learned it.

This wasn't a romantic line, and it wasn't even said to Lois, but it speaks volumes about Clark's feelings when he said to Olliver, "You told her you're secret and she dumped you." That is the first and only time I've heard Clark give a reason for not telling Lois that is in line with his love for her. And it fits the storyline as in all the other incarnations when he does tell her their not dating, so it's not a dumping situation.

This doesn't exactly fit, but it does finally give me peace at the fact that he took so long to tell her. He was right in the middle when she dumped Olliver (Olliver's, "Hey, we broke up," notwithstanding) so him not telling her because he didn't want to break up clears up what has always bothered me as a character flaw.

But still, You're the one and Always will be, including the gift from his home world, that's pretty untoppable. I considered the fact that it was from Dr Swan as giving it even more meaning.

Comment

Originally posted by Audrey229
          For me, what he said at the end of this episode is a tie between what he said last week about wanting to "share a life together" and that there was "no one else I'd rather take that leap with."

The last two weeks have, in my opinion, presented the most emotionally mature and romantic Clark Kent I've ever seen on this show. He knows what he wants. He's going after it with honesty and sincerity. I love it.
          ITA

I have posted that I would never forgive tptb for the AoS and the 7 and one quarter seasons of Clana that was forced down our throats.

But I have to admit that what Clark said last week of wanting to share a life together and this week of Lois "being the one and always would be" have done a lot to remove the bitterness and bad taste left in my mouth after the AoS.
          Last edited by supercatmom; 11-05-2010, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Madam Mimm
            I agree. In my case though, having bashed TW's acting in the past, I think part of my change of heart comes from more time spent really studying the show. (partly blamed on the incredibly analytical discussions I have seen on these boards - more than once a comment posted in a thread on this site has sent me back to my DVDs to rewatch an ep.) One of the big aha! moments for me was watching him in Transference. I am not the brightest bulb in the universe, though I don't consider myself a dolt either. But it definitely took me some time to understand some of the nuances of how TW plays his character. It also took being able to contrast it against performances in such eps as Transference for me to get the whole "quiet body language" thing. I have come to appreciate the early performances more, but I still wholeheartedly believe he has grown leaps and bounds in his portrayal. Whether that is because of 10 years spent living the same character, more creative license, etc., who can say. I just know I am enjoying it.
            Completely agreed. Sometimes the heavy discussion in these forums can lead me to a constant picky and negative way of thinking, but sometimes it makes you seen things that you hadn't noticed before that you then appreciate even more.

I also really do think it has a lot to do with him feeling very comfortable in his character. Its been 10 years, and sometimes, when Clark was being a bit of a douche, it must have been quite difficult to put any heart into playing him. But now that he can have fun with it, he obviously is.

Originally posted by supercatmom
            ITA

I have posted that I would never forgive tptb for the AoS and the 8 and one quarter seasons of Clana that was forced down our throats.

But I have to admit that what Clark said last week of wanting to share a life together and this week of Lois "being the one and always would be" have done a lot to remove the bitterness and bad taste left in my mouth after the AoS.
            For me, it's almost like the relief of having Clana far behind us now, and having Clois embraced is worth all that terror back then

Comment

Originally posted by Hopefulsuicide
              Completely agreed. Sometimes the heavy discussion in these forums can lead me to a constant picky and negative way of thinking, but sometimes it makes you seen things that you hadn't noticed before that you then appreciate even more.

I also really do think it has a lot to do with him feeling very comfortable in his character. Its been 10 years, and sometimes, when Clark was being a bit of a douche, it must have been quite difficult to put any heart into playing him. But now that he can have fun with it, he obviously is.

For me, it's almost like the relief of having Clana far behind us now, and having Clois embraced is worth all that terror back then
              I couldn't agree with you more. Well said.

Comment

Originally posted by gem65
                "I want you to know me completely with no secrets, 'cause you're the one...and always will be."

The way he said this line as he gazed into her eyes was just so full of emotion. I just LOVE this line. It really got to me. *sighs*
                Honestly that is the most intense, romantic thing he does.. that gaze. Like he is searching your soul..

Comment

Originally posted by MsNJS
                  Honestly that is the most intense, romantic thing he does.. that gaze. Like he is searching your soul..
                  I just love it when he gazes at Lois that way. *sighs*

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎