No announcement yet.

It's Official - Sam came back without a soul

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Official - Sam came back without a soul

Well it is official now! It certainly make sense and explains everything Sam has done this season so far.

So I guess his soul is still in hell? Or did Raphael (or one of his minions) steal it to try and control Sam and get him to do their bidding?

Either way, I am sure the hunt for his soul will consume most of the season.

Wonder what will happen when he gets it back? Will all the guilt, fear, shame, happiness, etc...that he should have been feeling come rushing back? Cause that would be a lot to handle all at once.

well, two theories i have here are basically:

1. when saying yes to lucie, a person's soul is forever merged with the occupying body, so when he was brought back, lucie's soul couldn't leave the hell dimension, and so, neither could sam's, as it was still merged with his. Perhaps later when pursuing the return of his soul, castiel may say its too dangerous to do so, because if they do, they would risk bringing back good ol' lucie

2. castiel may say, with the weight of everything sam has done since he's come back without a soul, to suddenly be ensouled again might kill him because of all the flooding back of emotions from what he did

Comment

I called this & even suggested it right after the last finale aired. I wonder if the writers got wind of it or if they always had the same idea. Either way, it's an awesome development.

Comment

Originally posted by xrayvision
        I called this & even suggested it right after the last finale aired. I wonder if the writers got wind of it or if they always had the same idea. Either way, it's an awesome development.
        Yes, they are taking fans' ideas for this season, lol.

I think it was the whole plan ever since the finale. I mean, Sam did look emotionless when he was staring at the house.

But, now I'm wondering if it's more than just coincidence that made that light blow out as well. Sam having no soul and powers would be quite deadly. The Alpha vamp said it best during the promo for next week that Sam could be the deadliest weapon.

Comment

Wow, I just saw the trailer for Family Matters. It's actually not hard to believe that Sam came back without a soul. The lamppost did flicker when he came back at Swan Song.

I just love how this will be a (possibly) three part story arc that began in Live Free or Twihard. We saw how messed up Sam was when he willing let Dean become a vampire. Not to mention the satisfaction on his face. Now in You Can't Handle The Truth, Veritas/Zatanna reveals that Sam isn't human. Next week, judging from the trailer, we learn thanks to Castiel that Sam came back without a soul and the Alpha Vampire is back!

What does it mean though? Why did Sam came back without a soul? Judging from what Belthazar said in The Third Man, we know that a soul is worth a lot in the Supernatural economy. So where is Sam's Soul? Why is the Alpha Vampire interested in Sam without a soul?

Comment

I was thinking that Sam's soul would still be trapped in the cage holding Lucifer. I don't think of the cage as made of physical materials but something more magical, like made of energy that could trap the human soul and the celestial wavelength of angels, but would stop flesh and blood from walking right out. So Sam's body leaves the cage, but his soul and Lucifer get yanked out of him.

Comment

I love how there's no angel coming to save Sam's soul even though he sacrificed himself to lock Lucifer back up. Ironic eh. But typical Sam end of the deal.

Comment

Originally posted by LuthorKent90
                I love how there's no angel coming to save Sam's soul even though he sacrificed himself to lock Lucifer back up. Ironic eh. But typical Sam end of the deal.
                Well, he IS sacrificing his body to send Lucifer back into a cage, and...how will an angel be able to open the cage to save Sam while not letting Lucifer out as well?

And seeing as how Sam doesn't have his soul, I'm not blaming Castiel or any other angel in regards to bringing Sam back. Sam knew what his sacrifice meant and knew that his life was going to end once he makes the swan dive into the cage.

Comment

I'm torn about this. Some part of me is all 'yay, explanation' but another part is a bit disappointed that they went this route. I had Angel (Joss' series) flashbacks.

I'm glad we know but I guess I was hoping for something a little more...original.

Comment

Originally posted by Welling_is_pretty
                    I'm torn about this. Some part of me is all 'yay, explanation' but another part is a bit disappointed that they went this route. I had Angel (Joss' series) flashbacks.

I'm glad we know but I guess I was hoping for something a little more...original.
                    Well the character who lacks a soul thing has been done way before Angel but in Supernatural, it could end up totally different. If his soul is still in hell, then by the time it gets out, it would likely have been turned into a demon. And having 2 Sams would be very different since in other media, demons are demons & souls don't turn into demons. In Supernatural we can end up with Sam's body fighting his soul-turned-demon.

That would be very original. If his soul does turn into a demon, then would it be able to get back into its original meatsuit (something no other demon in Supernatural has ever done)? Sam does have the tattoo & Enochian rib inscriptions (if they're still there) that would prevent demon possession. And if his soul does turn into a demon in hell, what if Michael is the one who causes it rather than Lucifer?

His soul could also be trapped in Heaven & if Raphael's fellow angels are anything like Zachariah, they could be torturing him up there & eventually turn his soul into the first demon-like being created in Heaven, which would be very messed up but not hard to imagine after seeing what Zach did. There are so many ways they can go with this plot.

Comment

Angelus - Samgelus.

Comment

Did anyone else notice the inconsistency with the explanation of Sam not caring or feeling any emotion because he has no soul, yet he felt upset when Castiel didn't answer his calls, but he answered Dean's.

He also was scared when Dean pulled the knife on him and then he also showed emotion when he was asking for help, but this all could have been fake to save himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Dexter
                          Did anyone else notice the inconsistency with the explanation of Sam not caring or feeling any emotion because he has no soul, yet he felt upset when Castiel didn't answer his calls, but he answered Dean's.

He also was scared when Dean pulled the knife on him and then he also showed emotion when he was asking for help, but this all could have been fake to save himself.
                          That's my theory.

For the reason I really think that way, re-watch the scene where Dean confronts Sam after he knows he's 'infected with the "gotta have the truth" bug'. Sam 'emotes' to him that Dean's his brother and would never knowingly put - or leave - him in harm's way and that he 'froze' when Boris attacked Dean in LFoTW, so why he didn't help keep Dean from getting turned. But as Sam turns and goes down the stairs, you see him revert back to his true non-emotions/soulless state.

Comment

Originally posted by Dexter

That was basically it. As well in the episode, he kept telling Dean that "he can't lie", to make it seem that he is telling the truth to Dean. Just because he doesn't have a soul, doesn't mean he can't pretend to show feelings.

But, my only problem with Sam not having real, true feelings is that he seemed to have care enough to rescue Dean.

And speaking of the season premiere, I wonder if we'll get to see what Sam saw through the Djinn's venom since it might be hard for the poison to work on someone with no soul, or if that story itself is even true. Perhaps there's a different reason of why Sam came to save Dean. I bet it's part due to a more selfish reason as the same for why Sam wanted Dean to get turned.

Comment

, i hope the writers put real emphasis on the NO SOUL, im serious, because my friend, hes not stupid i told him he was like.. meh kool, and hes a really hyped SPN fan..

i explained to him, that its not like Dean when he sold it, he still had it, but surrendered himself after the allocated time.. so i guess they clear it up in a small line.. que the OMG OMG OMG OMG

Dean; 'Bobby were not talking fricking sold it, we have no clue where this meatsacks soul is, *and what happened to it'
                              Last edited by mkn; 11-02-2010, 04:58 PM. Reason: edited from * onwards

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎