Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chlollie too forced?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Chlollie hookup was good for Chloe becuase it helped Chloe move on her relationship from Jimmy. Moving on learning to accept what happened in Doomsday was Chloe season 9 arc. Personally I always felt that Chloe and Jimmy never felt that epic becuase they were constantly at odds in there relationship becuase Jimmy could not handle Chloe's independent nature or Chloe was not 100 percent honest with Jimmy about everything. Chimmy was kinda doomed from the start.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joanna
      Thank you for bringing this up!

To me it was the strangest thing from the very beginning.
      Before season 8 they barely had any scenes together. They met in Justice in season 6, in season 7 it was just Siren when Chloe worked for Oliver for a brief moment.
      In season 8 - Bloodline. Maybe a have missed something but anyway - no sparks at all, nothing.

In season 9 in ep 15 they start sleeping together (or maybe 2 episodes before ofscreen) as they were both miserable, as you nicely put it. And this could be fine. But when this love came from is something I could never get.

Even at the beginning of season 9, Chloe used the loss the supposed love of her life (Jimmy) as an excuse for her behaviour.
      And not even 3/4 season later she has another love of her life?

What about Oliver, who was still crazy about Lois in ep. 6 of season 9. 2/3 season later Chloe is the love of his life?

Especially that we haven't seen exactly how it happened, no small signs that something might have been there underneath long before.

I think it would have been much more plausible if they had left it just at the stage of friends with benefits who care deeply for each other. Because this whole 'great love' thing just doesn't add up. In my opinion.
      When she meets him for the first time, she thinks he's good-looking. But come on, a lot girls think he's handsome. I agree with you. We got no proof whatsoever that they were deeply in love or even had long standing crushes on each other. Once they meet there should've been proof that they liked each other. And I don't mean as just friends.

Comment

• Originally posted by Simba_Muffy
        When she meets him for the first time, she thinks he's good-looking. But come on, a lot girls think he's handsome. I agree with you. We got no proof whatsoever that they were deeply in love or even had long standing crushes on each other. Once they meet there should've been proof that they liked each other. And I don't mean as just friends.
        Love is not always about having long standing crushes and keeping feelings under wraps. Sometimes like in the case Chloe and Oliver friends realize they there is something to them thats more then just friendship when going through hard times.

Why did there half to be proof of feeling in season 6 for events in season 9? Smallville only losely plans out seasons, at the beginning of the season they plan out.Closi s only saved becuase it happened in the comics so it is easier to plan it out then a ship made for SV.

Comment

• Originally posted by doodie8808
          all this QFT. Again i find Chollie believable and the second beat chip to come from smallville.

I loved what you said about Clana.

Comment

• Originally posted by SVFancross
            ... who have been through some rough times and had some hard knocks.

In your opinion. I think the predestination of Clois has made it truly contrived.

It took a conversation about the trust and letting go of fears and they were in each other arms. That Chloe subsequently was reluctant to let her emotions run wild is understandable -- and only Ollie would truly get that. But the initial romantic moment was not forced by electric shock or gunpoint.

Not necessarily. It wasn't like Chloe was "after" Ollie at all, she just found him attractive. BUT, with the way it worked out, they had plenty of time to get to truly become good friends who knew each other well and were there for each other BEFORE it turned romantic.

Sure, he didn't immediately go after Chloe. His first thought was to reconnect with an old flame back when he was a hero. Thankfully that didn't work out as it would have been nothing but a trip down memory lane. No, it was when he was more settled that he started to see what was in front of him and realize there was more that he wanted from Chloe than just her caring and support.

Chlollie to me is FAR more realistic than the stilted angst of Clana or Clois. Sure Chloe had her emotional intimacy issues after being burned so many times but Oliver provided the steady confidence in the relationship that allowed her to realize she wanted to put those old fears aside.

Personally, I think Ollie saved Chloe -- both the woman AND the legend
            Funny I don't remember Clois ever being filled with angst.

Comment

• What did i say about clana? Prob i hate them

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎