Collapse
No announcement yet.

"And I Thought You Were A Bottle Blonde"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cat is a twit, she hates Superheros but would be dead if it wasn't for two of them

She was even begging Green Arrow to save her in "Isis"

Can't take this twit seriously

Comment

• Originally posted by ~*Lois & Clark Fan*~
      Cat is a twit, she hates Superheros but would be dead if it wasn't for two of them

She was even begging Green Arrow to save her in "Isis"

Can't take this twit seriously
      Cat may be annoying (little doubt here), and she may be a twit (not sure I would call her this) and Cat attacked Lois with a deadly pen. Facts for sure. But does she really hate superheroes? She doesn't know them. All she knew of superheroes, until he met GA, was what she had been told by the media outlets. How often are viewers deceived by media's accounts of things. Someone owns all media and that someone (could be a Lex person for all I know) has control over what is aired. And if that someone has an ax to grind with any or all superheroes, he would have the perfect platform. Viewers have the option of taking at face value what they see on tv or hear on the radio. Or they can find the truth out for themselves. I believe that Cat's opinion may be tainted by what she has heard, but I also believe that in the end she will investigate and discover the truth for herself. I believe that any preconceived ideas she may have, will not blind her to the truth when she encounters it. There was nothing truthful about what she saw Lois do and Cat reacted to that non-truth when she stabbed Lois with the pen. GA did not hurt her in the apartment and when she needed help, she asked him for it. Had she not met GA under "peaceful" circumstances, would she have reached out to him in the warehouse? I think she would have be afraid of both Lois/presumed blur and GA. But, she wasn't afraid GA would kill her He protected her and she will soon be able to put all the pieces properly together I think.

Is Cat my favorite hero? Nope. But, I think she deserves to be assessed in totality and not just this annoying phase she is in at the moment.

Than again, maybe the writers had no intention of redeeming a very redeemable character.

Comment

• Originally posted by Caught_In_The_Sun
        If Lois had actually punched Cat...I would have quit watching this show...Lois should know better...Cat thinks she(Lois) has superpowers...so it is fully within the character of Cat to pull a stunt like stabbing Lois in the hand with a pen...Lois actually punching her would have hurt that character more...Clark gets alot of props for stopping it...it is very Superman of him and I think Lois can learn alot from Clark now the secret is out. Lois has been and can be petty and it may have been part of the character in the past but it is time for Lois to move on and grow...punching Cat doesn't accomplish this.
        R ukidding me? Most people would PUNCH a person who stabbed them with a pen. Come on!
        Heck, they be lucky if all I did was punch them. Cat deserved a good kick also.

----- Added 4 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by MrsLoisKent
        Seriously....Whats your opinion of Cat, and where do you think they're headed with her character by the end of the season?

I'd just like to know....
        She's conservative...
        She's blonde...
        Her voice is annoying...
        She's stupid....
        She wears pink...
        She thinks she knows it all...

Mix that together in one package, and that gives me a reason to hate her.

Actually, her character reminds me of Elizabeth on the show "The View." I don't like her too much either, for the exact same reasons.

----- Added 10 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by lydiapooh66
        What's with this Lois treating Cat badly talk? Look how badly Cat started out talking bad about Lois when she had not even met her. Cat set the tone of their interactions. Then she deliberately interrupts Lois and Clark by pushing her desk next to theirs. She is the one looking down on Lois. Besides, how would any woman feel if you see another woman coming onto your man right in front of your face! I like that Cat is on the show. Her interaction between Lois and Clark are fun but lets not make her poor innocent me and Lois the jealous villain.
        QFT!
        Last edited by abbaspice1; 10-30-2010, 03:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• ----- Added 4 Minutes later -----
          She's conservative...
          She's blonde...
          Her voice is annoying...
          She's stupid....
          She wears pink...

Actually, her character reminds me of Elizabeth on the show "The View." I don't like her too much either, for the exact same reasons.

----- Added 10 Minutes later -----QFT![/QUOTE]

Good thing this is not a political forum.

First, politics has no place here.
          Second, blond stereotypes are sooooo old school.
          Third, she has no control over voice - much like gender, race, age, ethnicity, etc.
          Fourth, pink is a choice, a rather harmless choice relative to many others. Unlike nuts (Of course no nuts identified here.), there are no allergic reactions to pink. Unless of course, you'd like to share some new medical information...
          Fifth, Cat is not stupid. Just because she is still wet behind the ears, does not equate with stupid. For just a moment, consider her upbringing, her small town roots, the difficulties she has faced, and remember what she actually witnessed. Until Clark sabotaged her photos, she had more than a modicum of evidence to support (notice I did not say prove) her theory. Regarding what she thinks she knows about our beloved heroes, what she may have read in newspapers or heard on TV or radio about the evil heroes, did not provide her with a complete picture of the hero community.

So, why not give Cat a chance? After all, had she not awkwardly: knocked over those artifacts, Clark might now be Isis' long lost love.

But, by all means hate if you must. Not so unusual for reality not to sway opinions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dor el

Third, she has no control over voice - much like gender, race, age, ethnicity, etc.
            Fourth, pink is a choice, a rather harmless choice relative to many others. Unlike nuts (Of course no nuts identified here.), there are no allergic reactions to pink. Unless of course, you'd like to share some new medical information...
            Fifth, Cat is not stupid. Just because she is still wet behind the ears, does not equate with stupid. For just a moment, consider her upbringing, her small town roots, the difficulties she has faced, and remember what she actually witnessed. Until Clark sabotaged her photos, she had more than a modicum of evidence to support (notice I did not say prove) her theory. Regarding what she thinks she knows about our beloved heroes, what she may have read in newspapers or heard on TV or radio about the evil heroes, did not provide her with a complete picture of the hero community.

So, why not give Cat a chance? After all, had she not awkwardly: knocked over those artifacts, Clark might now be Isis' long lost love.

But, by all means hate if you must. Not so unusual for reality not to sway opinions.
            Well said. I agree entirely.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dor el
              ----- Added 4 Minutes later -----
              She's conservative...
              She's blonde...
              Her voice is annoying...
              She's stupid....
              She wears pink...

----- Added 10 Minutes later -----QFT!

But, by all means hate if you must. Not so unusual for reality not to sway opinions.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, who delivered the 'liberal' line? As a liberal, I found it insulting.

I don't like pink. I actually hate the color. I have a right to do so.

Her voice is annoying. Others have stated such as well.

Being blonde isn't the problem. Being blonde and stupid and living up to the stereotype is. And Cat is doing such a fine job with that one.

And she did act like she knew it all. And didn't even get the hint when her boss LAUGHED her out of the office.

And she is violent.

So no, I don't like her. She hasn't given me a reason to like her since she first appeared. At the best moments, I find her annoying.

Comment

• I love Cat! She's very fun and sweet and.. odd Brings some much needed comic relief to the show as well

Comment

• Cat I think is quite a sympathetic character, and an interesting one.
                  She has a tragic backstory, that I think would make anyone incredibly uneasy and uncertain. When your in a traumatic situation the first thing you do once escaping is look for things that are constant and certain. And if you were raised with a specific set of concepts and ideas than those are the often the first thing you go to.
                  She than goes to Metropolis which in the Smallville universe is a crossroads of heroes and gets caught up in something that has tremendous consequences and is almost entirely alien to her. And she does the first thing that comes to her, she pushes against it. We all saw that it took a little while for her to have any amount of comfort in her new surroundings, and it took a few episodes before she was willing to do something outside of what she considered acceptable.

Comment

• I think, that she is some kind of a boost in the tv show She is annoying, yes, but that is purpose of her charakter Actualy I hate her when I was watching S10 for the first time, but now I like the scenes with her (DP and donuts, Tess office..)

But I still think that Lois should have knocked her out
                    Last edited by F..l; 04-08-2013, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎