No announcement yet.

Clark's lack of concern about Chloe

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dyanara
    Clark's worry is at the same level as mine, meaning not giving a crap. I would like to think that Clark the character could care less about Chloe; but the truth is that it is just a character trait the writers use for Clark whenever someone he loves goes missing.
    except when Lois went missing in doomsday

Comment

honestly her weekly mention is enough to induce nausea. It's enough already we get it Oliver loves her soooooo much he misses her like stewie missed rupert when he got sold to that family in colorado. It makes me wanna smack Oliver with one of his compound bows so he can move on.

Comment

You're totally right, Yesterday. I think Clark would be out looking for Chloe. The same Clark that would never give up on finding a cure for Lana is the same Clark that would never give up on finding Chloe and making sure without a doubt that she's safe. That's not to say that he'd try to drag her back to Smallville; but he would at least make sure she was safe. We saw that he did this when Kara went missing - he kept trying. This Clark, however, doesn't look for a cure for Lana and he doesn't go searching for Chloe. Doesn't sound like the Clark of Seasons 1-8 (first half of Season 8, that is). I call this Clark - Other-Clark. Have you ever seen the movie Coraline? She had an Other-Mother? This is Other-Clark.

Comment

Maybe he's just trusting her to take care of herself, like she's always wanted him to. So he's not worrying because he knows she's alright.

Comment

Originally posted by Cloisdestined
            except when Lois went missing in doomsday
            Oooo, yeah I forgot how he reacted when Lois was gone. :giggles: We r so bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Yesterday
              Let me ask, when Chloe returns what do you think Clark's reaction will be? Will he say that he missed her eventhough we've seen nothing to indicate that? Or, will he be true to how he is now and not really care that she's back? He's never even said once that he misses her, or even show concern that she's gone. Not one mention. He just doesn't care about Chloe. It's sad to me that their onetime friendship has ended this way. I can't even watch old episodes because it hurts to see how they were and how they are now. Back then they cared about each other, and now there's nothing. Clark shows more care and concern with Tess than he does about Chloe. I guess I've finally accepted that Clark probably never cared about Chloe and that their one time friendship is over.
              I will have to respectfully disagree. I think Clark has ALWAYS cared about Chloe, even when their friendship was on the rocks. I think that Chloe has always cared for him, too, even when she was mad at him, and the rift between them had grown so wide that many thought it would never get repaired (and even now, it's only been partially mended). I DO believe that Clark will declare that he's missed her when she returns, but honestly, I've come to believe that Clark shouldn't have to mope around when she's not there, as much as the Chlarky part of my heart (which is a pretty big chunk of it) would enjoy that to some extent. The guy is happy, and I can't fault him for it, and plus, as I said in my previous post, he believes in Chloe 100%, knowing she's doing, and will continue do, what she knows is right. He'll be elated when he returns -- I just know it! But you are right in pointing out that he probably won't be making a ton of mentions of her up until that point, sadly enough...

Comment

Originally posted by Clana4Life
                You're totally right, Yesterday. I think Clark would be out looking for Chloe. The same Clark that would never give up on finding a cure for Lana is the same Clark that would never give up on finding Chloe and making sure without a doubt that she's safe. That's not to say that he'd try to drag her back to Smallville; but he would at least make sure she was safe. We saw that he did this when Kara went missing - he kept trying. This Clark, however, doesn't look for a cure for Lana and he doesn't go searching for Chloe. Doesn't sound like the Clark of Seasons 1-8 (first half of Season 8, that is). I call this Clark - Other-Clark. Have you ever seen the movie Coraline? She had an Other-Mother? This is Other-Clark.
                lol. Okay. We like to call this Other-Clark Superman who got his balls back.

Comment

Originally posted by harryandginnyfanatic
                  Maybe he's just trusting her to take care of herself, like she's alwasy wanted him to. So he's not worrying because he knows she's alright.
                  That's what I figured. That's what the producers want us to see too. We don't have to agree with what they do or how they do it, but that's what they are aiming for apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by thehenry89
                    honestly her weekly mention is enough to induce nausea. It's enough already we get it Oliver loves her soooooo much he misses her like stewie missed rupert when he got sold to that family in colorado. It makes me wanna smack Oliver with one of his compound bows so he can move on.
                    Funny thing is, if Oliver didnt whine about his missing booty call every week he would have nothing else to do.

Comment

I can see the point of view of the Chloe fans that feel Clark is ignoring her absence. I prefer to agree with SGuthrie27 and see it as Clark trusting Chloe.

Comment

Originally posted by Dyanara
                        Funny thing is, if Oliver didnt whine about his missing booty call every week he would have nothing else to do.
                        so true. Seriously they are trying hard to shoehorn characters that should've been gone a long time ago.

I liked the Oliver in Homecoming much better.

Comment

P.S. I have no problems, AT all, with other characters mentioning Chloe on a regular basis. Why shouldn't they? She's Oliver's greatest love right now, she's been Clark's best friend for ten years, and she's Lois's cousin. Someone who's had THAT big of an impact on them, and who has been as close to them as she has, warrants a mention, especially when she's MIA. And in my opinion, bringing her up has NOT detracted nor distracted from the overall plot of each episode. It would feel unfitting, in my point of view, for all of them, especially Oliver to immediately go on with life, acting like nothing has happened and to be all "Chloe, who?" In fact, I think it's totally normal for Oliver to mention her repeatedly, and he's done it tastefully and elegantly, in my opinion. I don't think he's going to stay in "full-blown mope mode" forever, either. In fact, I think he's slowly on the upward slide out of that slump at this stage, and I'm glad to see that occurring. He will continue to hold the torch of hope that Chloe will eventually return to him safe and sound, just as I will continue to wait patiently for my favorite tiny blonde.

Comment

Originally posted by Iconic Couples Fan
                            I prefer to agree with SGuthrie27 and see it as Clark trusting Chloe.
                            That's the intention I got from the writers in Shield, as I said any Clark worrying about Chloe is better left for offscreensville.

Comment

I truly do believe that Clark still cares about Chloe. I am SURE that when she returns he will be thrilled to see her.

And I'll be happy to see Allison again too. I like her very much.

As for "Other-Clark"? Count me in as one of the people who will take this Clark. He has smiled more in the last year than he has in the previous 8 combined. I'll take a happy, smiling, peaceful Clark any day.

Comment

From Homecoming, it doesn't look like Clark is dwelling on the past anymore. He's looking toward the future. And if Chloe can't be around or doesn't want to be around for that there's nothing much he can do about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎