Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special effects in Live Free Or Twi-Hard

This thread is for the discussion of any special effects seen in Live Free Or Twi-Hard.

Great! I really liked the effects they used for Dean's transformation, made it really creepy.

Comment

I liked the effects they used for that hallucination/telepathic message thing, which was the most bizarre thing I've seen in this show. It felt like one of those drug hallucinations you see on South Park (like when the machine shop teacher was having visions of his dead wife/girlfriend).

The effects during Dean's reverse transformation were also cool & very effective given the way he saw Sam's face.

Comment

I wasn't a fan of Vamp!Dean's teeth.

Ever since season one, they have tried to add in different effects for the teeth, but now they just look incredibly fake, as well as the vamp's teeth back in "Free to be You and Me".

Comment

Originally posted by Anno_Domini
          I wasn't a fan of Vamp!Dean's teeth.

Ever since season one, they have tried to add in different effects for the teeth, but now they just look incredibly fake, as well as the vamp's teeth back in "Free to be You and Me".
          Wasn't that a djinn in that episode? Dean's teeth looked like Carnage's teeth from Spider-Man comics, though Carnage's were black.

Comment

No, it was a vampire. If it was a Djinn, it would've made no sense as Dean yelled out "Eat it, Twilight!" and also beheaded it.

I think Carnage is the perfect example of how the SFX for a vampire's teeth is later on in the series, but I thought the teeth looked fine back in "Dead Man's Blood", but as talked about in some commentaries and what not, they insist on trying to "build up" on certain effects, such as a vampire's teeth.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎