No announcement yet.

Morgan's Electrocution

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morgan's Electrocution

So not knowing a whole lot about electrocution, how believable was Morgan just jumping up after something like that? Was it too much? Or do you just expect this sort of suspended belief from Chuck?

Rubber gloves totally protect you from getting electrocuted! I learned that when I was about 10 ...

Comment

He was wearing the gloves but he was also standing in about 3 inches of water. Sarah told him that he had been dead but they brought him back.

Comment

Yeah...kind of a loophole here. All Morgan had to do was reach for the cable, grab the cable, and stick it in the water from the safety of his perch, which appeard to be a concrete stoop of some kind. Then yes, in this case, the rubber gloves would have been protective.

I'll have to re-watch the scene, but Morgan having to grab the cable and jump into the water with it makes it seem like it was snagged on something and he needed his body weight to pull it down. The rubber gloves wouldn't have mattered at this point, as the electricity would travel from the ground up, thru his entire body, just as it did the other 3 folks.

I don't think the electrocution killed the other guys. My assumption is that Morgan had "died" briefly because he is not trained to handle that type of shock. The other guys not dying is "writer's proof" that the shock itself was not lethal.
        Last edited by Melekith; 10-20-2010, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎