Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of tonight's episode?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Weekend full with awesomeness.

Congratulations to Jensen Ackles on his directorial debut, he did a great job. I loved the idea of making a Bobby-centered episode, that character is great and so is Jim Beaver and seeing a weekend from Bobby's point of view was awesome. He is one busy hunter. The highlights for me was the Bobby and Rufus scenes, really glad to see him back. The montage with The Gambler - Kenny Rogers playing in the background...."balls!" This episode had some great comedy. Bobby taking care of the Ōkami with the wood chipper. And I thought Bobby yelling at the brothers was another great scene and something they needed to hear. And the brothers teaming up with Bobby to help him break the deal was great and I thought the whole burning skulls thing was a great idea.

9/10

Comment

A very enjoyable Bobby episode! 10

Comment

This was a really good episode, fun and entertaining and Jensen did a great job directing, I thought. I gave it a 9.

First, I loved that the flashback included shifter!Sam. very cute.

And that we started 1 year ago, obviously right after Sam took his "swan dive".

Bobby doing Crowley's accent made me giggle!

The transition to the boys and their calling was cute.
        Sam's line: "maybe he's in the can" was so Dean. I know they shot this episode first so I wonder if that was added or not because it was a nice reminder that Sam's acting very Dean like now. Stay classy, Sam.

The scenes of how far Bobby goes to get info (breaking in? Falling on his ass? Dealing with his car not starting?) for the boys and then them not even saying thank you? Was nearly perfect (except for the song. It fit but I have always just...loathed that song). So yeah, marred it a bit for me.

So Crowley is ruling Hell now? And that immediately made me wonder if that was his plan all along? If Lucifer got taken down, Crowley could, well, take over. No wonder he sided with the boys.

The new neighbor (she was pretty) bakes and likes horror movies? Perfect match!

other hunters calling Bobby (he didn't use idjits for them. Only calls the boys that? Awwwww.) and that whole stuff with the phones was priceless.

The return of Rufus (who I have to admit I wasn't too fond of but man, he was good in this ep.!) and you have to wonder, just how many bodies are buried around the Singer Salvage Yard, eh?

Single greatest scene? Dean on the phone with Bobby while Sam gets tossed around like a rag doll (total flashback to the pre-deal and pre-Apocalypse days. Was so nice to see!). You gotta wonder how many times Jensen made Jared do that take?

Rufus' alias "Luthor Vandross". *snickers*

The wood chipper scene and oh, there goes Bobby's possible romance (we can only hope that Marcy--was it Marcy?--wises up and realizes what a find Bobby is!).

Then there's that phone again and Dean being all emo about Sam (I was wondering who Sam was on the phone with? One of the Campbells?) and then switching over to Rufus ("don't swallow it! I'm swallowing it!"). And then Bobby lets them have it (about time!). Classic, classic scene.

Anyone else think maybe the Sheriff and Bobby together would be cool? They have a banter that flows between them that could be seen as flirty. I could see it. (Bobby and Jodie. Hmmm.)

The bit about Crowley's son was a little weak but the fact that they hated each other was a nice twist (so I have to wonder? Is the dude "Fergus" currently possessing named Crowley--a la Ruby, Meg, etc.--or did he pick that name himself?). And then the reveal that the boys are in Scotland (!) to torch his bones if need be (my first thought was 'how did Dean make it on a plane flight that long?', which of course was answered later).

I have to say that the idea of torching a demon's original bodies bones is...intriguing. Though sounds like an awful lot of work.

During Sam's line "Dean, he's a dick but a deal's a deal", I had a thought--what if Crowley was the one who brought Sam out of the cage, in exchange for being the new King of Hell? It's a thought (though it wouldn't explain Grandpa Samuel...).

And Dean and Sam in that tiny car (how did Sam even fit in that thing?!) and Bobby back to business.

Just a really cool episode, loved seeing things from Bobby's POV and Mark Sheppard always and absolutely rocks as Crowley (he's the best demon since Meg, frankly).

Really only the song choice in that scene and the fact that poor Bobby did get to keep the girl (also the weak 'ghost son' thing) were the only things that kept it from a perfect 10.

Comment

awesome episode.

Comment

This was such an awesome episode. Maybe the best this season. And kudos for Jensen's directional debut, it was great too!

I loved how it all started, this episode.

One year ago we see how Crowley and Bobby start arguing.

I really liked their interaction.Hahah, how funny it was when Bobby was using Crowley's accent. Bobby: "We just saved the sodding war together, and you're too good to drink with me?". Just awesome! LOL

Then it was go time, we see that Crowley wasn't planning on giving back Bobby's soul (what a surprise). After that Bobby's episode started and it couldn't have started better.

We see how busy he is with everyone calling him, asking for information just like him being the "watchtower".

Such a great music choice they had in this episode. Very fitting it was. The Gambler by Kenny Rogers made this episode just more awesome. And a very Bobby fitting song too.

One thing that I loved more about this episode was the return of Rufus! I have to admit, I wasn't a fan of Rufus to begin with. But dammit, I just loved him in this episode. He was very funny, great interaction with Bobby too. Bobby and Rufus was just a great combination, I want more of that. LOL.

Bobby giving that speach to the boys was very good too, great acting by Jim Beaver. Maybe the boys needed to hear that. I mean, I don't think they know how busy his life is and how much he gives to his town, to the boys and to the world.

I was glad that they didn't kill off Crowley because I think he is awesome at being a dick LOL. We need people like him in the show.

Overall an awesome episode with great characters, great insight into the life of Bobby Singer, and very great acting by both Jim B. And Mark Sheppard. I give this episode a 10.

Comment

Originally posted by Anu
              We see how busy he is with everyone calling him, asking for information just like him being the "watchtower".
              Hadn't thought of it that way...Bobby as Watchtower. Too true. He is the Babs of the SPN world (yes, I know Chloe's Watchtower for SV but I was going to for the comic book reference, especially since Bobby used to be in a wheelchair, a la Ms. Gordon).

Comment

This episode was pretty cool I love Bobby and I'm glad he got some focus and recognition finally... After all, he is taken for granted a lot by EVERYONE.

I enjoyed every minute of this episode, especially when Bobby was telling Sam & Dean off (because he was absolutely right)!

----- Added 39 Seconds later -----

Originally posted by Welling_is_pretty
                Hadn't thought of it that way...Bobby as Watchtower. Too true.
                LMAO... This statement is extremely accurate
                Last edited by VilleFan; 12-19-2010, 10:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

So many good quotes in this one that my family will be using for awhile...

"I guess a wood chipper trumps....everything"....gotta love it!

I laughed and laughed, poor Bobby, always bailing everybody else out.... and that woman was unfair to Bobby, after saving her life too.......she could do a dinner.....

Comment

This episode was enjoyable.
                    Still...after the apocolypse storyline, anything else is kind of anti-climactic?

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎