Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smallville 200: Great episode or Greatest Episode?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just rewatched this episode today and i really think its my favorite! it could have been done in a very tacky way but it totally wasn't! they gave us the right amount of past present and future, i wish more of the future though! bottom line, great episode and i don't know what i'll do when the show ends

Comment

• This is THE GREATEST EPISODE OF THE ENTIRE SERIES!!! Nothing beats it. It is #1 on my top ten list!!

Comment

• I don't think anyone liked this episode.

It's defiantly not my favorite episode of Smallville ever... nothing happens in it. There are no glimpses of Superman or flashes/memories of Smallville High that give a great feeling of emotion. It was just really boring, which is why everyone (including myself) on this board hated it.

Sorry, I still can't say that while keeping a straight face.

I'm telling you, "Finale" better be amazing because right now... Homecoming reigns supreme.
        Last edited by Overcast 86; 03-16-2011, 08:12 PM.

Comment

• If the future in HC was SV back in S8(After Clark graduated college. They should've kept them in college) it would've been perfect!
          Last edited by Simba_Muffy; 03-17-2011, 04:59 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ClubXerxes
            I have not felt that uplifted watching Smallville in awhile...it felt more like Superman than any episode I'd seen in a long time...awesome..simply awesome!
            HC was pure Superman! "Salvation" comes second in my book.

Comment

• There is only 6 other episodes before SV end, and so far homecoming is still the best SV episode ever, waiting for series final

Comment

• The gem of season ten.

Comment

• I'm a big fan fo Smallville and I like the Superman story.

What I'm not keen on are "epic mythology moments" for the sake of themselves. Clark lifting off and telling Lois he loves her makes not for a great episode if the rest doesn't fit. And the rest didn't fit.

Clark accused Brainiac 5 of sending the woman he loves (present tense!) away. Who did he mean? He didn't send Lois away. Brainiac might have scared Lana away at the end of S7, but he did not send her away. Brainiac sent Kara to the Phantom Zone, but if Clark was referring to her it was an odd way of phrasing it and it bit obscure ("my cousin away" would have been perfectly fine).

Why would they choose Bugboy of all MFs? Clark didn't help him. Why not choose one we know went to Belle Reve (Justin Gaines? - Clark told him that Justin in his anger killed the wrong person).

This whole scene where Lois explains to Clark about the day he revealed himself to her. She doesn't dwell in memories with him, she explains it to him. Why would she do that when we get no glimpse that she's actually aware that he is not her Clark?

People are used to Clark disappearing behind her back, but would really no one raise an eyebrow when he disappears in the blink of an eye from the middle of the room when most eyes were directly on him?

It's moments like these that pull me out of the narrative and that lessen's my enjoyment of a particular episode.

And then there's the wake. Based on the events of this episode Clark decides to open up to Lois. Because he already knows everything's going to be alright. Way to man up, Clark! Why take a leap of faith when you get your destiny selivered on a silver spoon?

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎