Music in "Homecoming"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always wanted to see 'Everything' used for Lois and Clark in some way on SV....even after it was used with other 'ships in the past. The lyrics say Lois and Clark all the way, so I was glad to see them do that, even if only for 10 seconds that they got to dance to it.

The song at the end was great too.... Kim Taylor: Baby I need you

Baby I Need You Lyrics

Maybe I need you
    Here in this hotel room
    Thinking about angels
    Thinking about what they do
    Maybe they'll fly
    Bring you right here
    Cover them miles
    Heaven knows what I need
    Maybe I need you

Maybe I need you
    Here in this town so sweet
    Everything quiet
    Everyone gone to sleep
    Thinking about Elvis
    How he made mama cry
    Elvis find Jesus
    Making her feel alright
    Maybe I need you.

Maybe I need you
    Here in this world on fire
    Everything moving
    Everyone always tired
    Thinking of futures
    Everything falls away
    Everything changes
    Nothing has changed today
    Maybe I need you.

Comment

It's a good song, especially for a wedding.

Comment

It was wonderful to hear Lifehouse again on Smallville- and the song that was played in the Pilot no less. I don't see "Everything" to be a Clana song, that's "You & Me" in my book

Comment

Originally posted by Clark/Lois-fan
          It was wonderful to hear Lifehouse again on Smallville- and the song that was played in the Pilot no less. I don't see "Everything" to be a Clana song, that's "You & Me" in my book
          Feel the same way do to the fact Clark was only a dream he was dancing with Lana and Whitney did dance with Lana with the song so it was fitting for Clark to dance with it as well.

Comment

Yup, that song is a Lana and Whitney song! I remember when they danced in the empty gym before he left to the marines. I know in the pilot they played it while Clark was looking at her longingly from his loft but they didn't dance to it.

It is totally a Lana and Whitney song.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin24
              Yup, that song is a Lana and Whitney song! I remember when they danced in the empty gym before he left to the marines. I know in the pilot they played it while Clark was looking at her longingly from his loft but they didn't dance to it.

It is totally a Lana and Whitney song.
              yes, it was appropriate that the producers cut that song as Lois and Clark were dancing and then give them their own song near the end

Comment

Originally posted by trekkie
                To bad remy zero didnt play save me again lol.
                Im kinda hoping they will when a certain somebody puts on the cape and tights...

Comment

Originally posted by MJDSuperman
                  Wasnt that a clana song? i thought it was obvious to everyone that was a clana song.
                  hahaha, thought the same thing. its use actually took away from the scene for me because my mind just reverted to clark and lana. they really should never recycle songs, maybe they'll get clois their own song soon.

but i am glad they incorporated it since it was first used in the pilot.
                  Last edited by lola dee; 10-17-2010, 07:29 AM.

Comment

I loved hearing it, they used it in Smallville and of course everyone was always thinking Clark would end up with Lana there. Of course they played that, since he was picked King and all! I didn't think it as a disrespect. If they would have played it at the farm, now that! would have been bad. I loved the song they played at the barn too by the way so romantic

Comment

I LOOOOOOVE the song "Everything" by Lifehouse. I do think that the producers/writers intentionally had that song playing in the background as that punchbowl lady was talking about Chlark and Clana, and then ended it early, before the Clois dance could lead to anything, like a kiss, because it still represented the past. That's why they used a different song later in the episode when Clois FINALLY got their uninterrupted, floating dance -- to show that one chapter of the story was officially over, and that a new one was beginning.

Comment

Originally posted by SGuthrie27
                        I LOOOOOOVE the song "Everything" by Lifehouse. I do think that the producers/writers intentionally had that song playing in the background as that punchbowl lady was talking about Chlark and Clana, and then ended it early, before the Clois dance could lead to anything, like a kiss, because it still represented the past. That's why they used a different song later in the episode when Clois FINALLY got their uninterrupted, floating dance -- to show that one chapter of the story was officially over, and that a new one was beginning.

very well put

Comment

Originally posted by BULLITT
                          What was that sweet l'il ditty at the end, as they're dancing in the barn?
                          Originally posted by SCG87
                          Baby, I Need You - Kim Taylor
                          thank you. thats ^^^ the reason i came in here. i liked that song. and i'm glad they got there own song to dance to.

i did enjoy the music throughtout the ep and especially lifehouse.
                          Last edited by lovinredkclark; 10-17-2010, 10:41 AM.

Comment

I like the tune in the lifehouse song, especially the first few secs

Comment

I loved the fact that they included "Everything". I loved that song.

But I feel like it could have made a few Clana/ Lana&Whitney fans unhappy...

Comment

Originally posted by SGuthrie27
                                Well said, Jeff. My thoughts exactly on that. I loved hearing "Everything" again. In this instance, it was appropriate. A reunion should have songs from the era they originally played in. But it was also used right...exactly how you described here.

And I just love that the songs they choose for Lois and Clark moments are always happy, uplifting songs. And they usually always have the word FLY in them.

I loved Louis' scores in this episode was well. Just all around great job.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎