Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chlarkfan_phantom
    I loved the fact that they included "Everything". I loved that song.

But I feel like it could have made a few Clana/ Lana&Whitney fans unhappy...

Eh, if fans are unhappy by that too bad I say. The explanation given by Jeff above sums it up. This song was used to show another chapter in Clark's life being closed as a new one is being created and having that song in the background brought some of the past to the surface so that the audience could have a much better perspective on the importance and significance of the future.

Comment

Originally posted by hellokitty
      Well said, Jeff. My thoughts exactly on that. I loved hearing "Everything" again. In this instance, it was appropriate. A reunion should have songs from the era they originally played in. But it was also used right...exactly how you described here.

And I just love that the songs they choose for Lois and Clark moments are always happy, uplifting songs. And they usually always have the word FLY in them.

I loved Louis' scores in this episode was well. Just all around great job.
      Something I have recently learned that I like about this forum discussions is that people who love Smallville as much as I do can share some information or give a viewpoint I hadn't considered before.

Will have to have a closer look into the Fly theme to the songs more. Interesting! Thanks!

Comment

Kim Taylor posted this on her Facebook page:

"Smallville fans! So exciting to be on the 200th episode and to be Clark and Lois's love song!"

Aw.

Comment

Originally posted by SGuthrie27
          I LOOOOOOVE the song "Everything" by Lifehouse. I do think that the producers/writers intentionally had that song playing in the background as that punchbowl lady was talking about Chlark and Clana, and then ended it early, before the Clois dance could lead to anything, like a kiss, because it still represented the past. That's why they used a different song later in the episode when Clois FINALLY got their uninterrupted, floating dance -- to show that one chapter of the story was officially over, and that a new one was beginning.
          Great post

Comment

music at the dance

anybody notice that this music was also played back in season 1 epoisde one. Greg was on bot epoides this music was played. I figured I should point it out. Not sure if anybody eles notice.

Comment

Yeah, I think the song was by Lifehouse, but it was the one that played at the end of the Pilot. I think this is already being discussed in the Music in Homecoming thread.

Comment

Lifehouse! I love when they use that song.

Comment

I love that song "Everything" by Lifehouse.... Glad they played it.

Wasnt that Lana/Whitney song?

Comment

well I am in the minority I am sure but if I ever hear another Lifehouse song it will be too darn soon. I love all of the music on the show but this groups. Hopefully it will be the last time. But I loved the Kim Taylor song and now have it on my I Touch

Comment

I have this song on my myspace profile

Comment

Originally posted by Genny
                        I liked that they used this song because technically Clark owed Lois a dance to this song from their prom. He left Lois to dance with Lana, yeah I know she told him to but still.
                        Witch epi is that in??

Comment

Originally posted by megamdk
                          Witch epi is that in??
                          eposide 2

Comment

Always love an episode with a Lifehouse song. Favorite band and favorite show. In fact...it was a Lifehouse song that actually first made me watch Smallville when my kids had it on and then I got hooked and went back and caught up on all the seasons. Probably just my imagination but it seems like they used to use more songs and I miss that...used to be I'd always be searching to find out what song was used and now the songs don't really stand out.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎