No announcement yet.

Supergirl: Copied from other media?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Krypto_marcus
    That final scene was way too much of an Iron Man ripoff. I even thought they would play Black Sabbath's Iron Man in the end credits.
    I don't get this recurring comment; how ELSE would the CEO of a major international corporation, a multi-billionare, well-loved play boy reveal himself as a masked vigilante other than at an impromptu press conference?

Not to be harsh, but perhaps a YouTube video or an appearance on Oprah?

Comment

Originally posted by Weez-El
      I don't get this recurring comment; how ELSE would the CEO of a major international corporation, a multi-billionare, well-loved play boy reveal himself as a masked vigilante other than at an impromptu press conference?

He takes to living in Nottingham Forest as an anarchist from the middle ages until someone finds him?

He and Black Canary make a dirty movie that is 'leaked'?

He grafitti's Metropolis with arrows labelled 'Green Arrow is here' and stands in the given direction for passers by to see?

He sets up a viral internet campaign to rival that of The Dark Knight which leads to his shocking revelation?

We could go on for a while

Comment

ITA. I think people are over-exaggerating it a bit, obviously Oliver Queen was going to call a press conference and reveal himself that way hardly copying any other show/film. It's pretty much the most professional way to reveal yourself as a hero, short of walking out into Metropolis and acting like a town-crier ringing a bell yelling that he's Green Arrow.

Comment

We are not exaggerating, when you have a situation with extremely similar speeches, you gotta ask the why of this and why it looks like if you were watchihg something from another media. Is not the method used by the writers, is the approach. You could easily have a similar scenario but with a different kind of speech and there's where they failed.

I already explained how you could have approached the heroes being targeted by society, without using an X-men like pattern. I know that DC have used the term mutant before, but not in the same way marvel does since 1950. You could have linked these metahumans menaces as meteor freaks, even use information from "The Torch" against these "vigilantes".

As for Green Arrow going public, you could have done in many differents way, for example similar to what Kara did, he could have taken advantage of a heroic action and reveal himself or he could just give a different kind of speech.

Comment

I understand that they wrote it that way, and it was the right way for him to reveal himself, but it was way too similiar to the scene in Iron Man. The intense music that started to play before he announced it, and how the camera zoomed in on his face. And he used the exact same prase as Tony Stark "I am...". They could have done it a little bit differently.

Comment

I would prefer the press to come in, Oliver in his GA uniform, they take pictures, then he takes off the hood and glasses and voice modulator. Then he says, "I Oliver Queen, am Green Arrow"

Comment

Originally posted by LilMo
                I would prefer the press to come in, Oliver in his GA uniform, they take pictures, then he takes off the hood and glasses and voice modulator. Then he says, "I Oliver Queen, am Green Arrow"
                Ohh yeah that would have been nicer.

Comment

Definitely better than the Ironman/Tony Stark look they gave it. I am not, by any means, saying that Stark was the first to reveal himself, but Smallville totally ripped off that scene from the 1st Ironman movie.

When I saw the smoke version of Darkseid, I immediately thought of "Lost". That was cut short by the black scala eyes and I went to "Supernatural". Probably the same effects company and all did the post SFX work

Comment

absolutely I read about smallville stealing from supernatural and obviously Darkseid felt like the black smoke of LOST. I know the crows come from a movie, but I don't remember.

Comment

I agree, but you can't blame the producers for the promo music. That is all The CW. But they did copy from Inception, and that was the speech Godfrey gave about ideas growing like seeds in the mind and so on... that was completely taken from Cobb's speech in Inception.

Comment

The recurring "Mutant" was just screaming X Men
                        Hehe, I thought of X-Men everytime mutant was said.

Comment

mutant should be changed to meteor freak in the upcoming chapters.

Comment

In case you hadn't noticed, they copy a lot of their stuff from other movies, shows, etc. For example, the Doomsday "fight" was copied from the Superman: Doomsday cartoon movie. However, that fight was 100X better. There are elements of Batman in the last 2 seasons.

Comment

The recurring "Mutant" was just screaming X Men
                              I thought that was just me; Godfrey reminded me of Senator Kelly from X1.

Comment

Originally posted by Krypto_marcus
                                That final scene was way too much of an Iron Man ripoff. I even thought they would play Black Sabbath's Iron Man in the end credits.
                                LMAO. So true! I just wished they would've done it! I'm sure there's gonna be a spoof on youtube in no time.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎