No announcement yet.

JOr-El disowned Clark

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alicia Chipy
    He is the kind of father that would make anyone say:"thank God I'm an orphan."

The great thing about Clark is that he would never do that. He takes his lumps and still believes in everyone else except himself. Jor-El has nothing on his son and makes me glad that it was the Kents who raised Clark.

Comment

Originally posted by MrT
      It seems like every time the giong gets tough ( Zod and Darksied), Jor-el Sticks his ai head in the sand.
      Hear,hear.

----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by geminis
      The great thing about Clark is that he would never do that. He takes his lumps and still believes in everyone else except himself. Jor-El has nothing on his son and makes me glad that it was the Kents who raised Clark.
      Arctic Jor-El has been so inconsistently written it's not even funny.
      Last edited by Radioflyer; 10-10-2010, 09:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Since the premiere, I've wondered what's up with Jor-El's behavior towards Clark. In the past, AI Jor-El has acted like an ass to his son. But this just seems to go above and beyond.

The problem is that his attitude - which to me seems heightened from his past jerkiness - comes on the heels of S9. I thought Clark was at his MOST heroic last season. He wasn't just saving people he knew when the need arose; he was out trying to save people he'd never met. Actively searching for people who needed to be rescued.

On top of all that, Salvation was, IMO, a truly defining moment for Clark. Not only was he incredibly heroic, but everyone in the show recognized his heroism. He had the respect of all the other heroes, who followed his lead.

And now, this season, Jor-El's taking that moment - arguably his most heroic, where he sacrificed himself to save the world - and saying it's proof his son's a loser (essentially), a disappointment, and a failure as a hero.

... What?

I wondered, in Lazarus, if Jor-El wasn't really saying what he was saying in order to make Clark THINK he had to prove himself. For whatever reason, and it is a very Jor-El thing to do. But after this episode...I don't know.

It makes no sense that Jor-El, after he put up with all the years of Clark doubting himself and walking away from his abilities and his destiny, would disown Clark after Clark stepped forward and WAS the hero Jor-El always told him he should be. It makes NO sense that the "sin" Clark is supposed to have is pride. Yeah, last season he was perhaps a bit proud of the fact that he'd embraced his destiny and wanted to save people. But, come on...if there's ONE sin I think Clark has NOT embodied for the majority of Smallville, it was "pride." Certainly not in his abilities and destiny. And yet they're saying that, since that moment on the bridge, Clark's struggled with pride.

... What?

And then Supergirl comes back to town. Now, I'll be honest. I wasn't a HUGE fan of hers when she was introduced in S7, but I liked how they used her in Bloodline. I like that she recognized Clark's heroism, after bratting around for an entire season like she had. But she comes into town this time, and is like, "Oh, you can't handle this, Clark! This is my job to do!" And WHY does she think that Clark can't handle it? Well...Jor-El told her so. Oh, and he can't fly!

... WHAT????

The former makes her look like a moron. She's just going to take it on someone else's word that her cousin (who presumably she'd have gotten to know a bit in the time they've known each other) just isn't up to the task of saving the world. And why does she buy this on faith? Well, Clark hasn't mastered all of his abilities. I mean, the man can't fly. And somehow, that crucial inability to fly is going to cause him to FAAAAAAAAAIL and the world is DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!

I'm sorry, Kara, but I've met pieces of toast with better higher reasoning skills than you.

Even at the end, she said to Clark that he should let her handle the threat, because she could handle it and he couldn't. Talk about the sin of pride!!!

I don't know WHAT they're up to. I keep thinking that Jor-El HAS to be up to something. Though what, I can't figure out. But that there HAS to be more going on. Because otherwise...well, he comes off as more of a tool (and an idiotic one at that). And Kara is a freaking moron.

Comment

This might be Clark's final test...............Destroy AI Jor-El, and live your own life Clark!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jade4813
            Since the premiere, I've wondered what's up with Jor-El's behavior towards Clark. In the past, AI Jor-El has acted like an ass to his son. But this just seems to go above and beyond.

The problem is that his attitude - which to me seems heightened from his past jerkiness - comes on the heels of S9. I thought Clark was at his MOST heroic last season. He wasn't just saving people he knew when the need arose; he was out trying to save people he'd never met. Actively searching for people who needed to be rescued.

On top of all that, Salvation was, IMO, a truly defining moment for Clark. Not only was he incredibly heroic, but everyone in the show recognized his heroism. He had the respect of all the other heroes, who followed his lead.

And now, this season, Jor-El's taking that moment - arguably his most heroic, where he sacrificed himself to save the world - and saying it's proof his son's a loser (essentially), a disappointment, and a failure as a hero.

... What?

I wondered, in Lazarus, if Jor-El wasn't really saying what he was saying in order to make Clark THINK he had to prove himself. For whatever reason, and it is a very Jor-El thing to do. But after this episode...I don't know.

It makes no sense that Jor-El, after he put up with all the years of Clark doubting himself and walking away from his abilities and his destiny, would disown Clark after Clark stepped forward and WAS the hero Jor-El always told him he should be. It makes NO sense that the "sin" Clark is supposed to have is pride. Yeah, last season he was perhaps a bit proud of the fact that he'd embraced his destiny and wanted to save people. But, come on...if there's ONE sin I think Clark has NOT embodied for the majority of Smallville, it was "pride." Certainly not in his abilities and destiny. And yet they're saying that, since that moment on the bridge, Clark's struggled with pride.

... What?

And then Supergirl comes back to town. Now, I'll be honest. I wasn't a HUGE fan of hers when she was introduced in S7, but I liked how they used her in Bloodline. I like that she recognized Clark's heroism, after bratting around for an entire season like she had. But she comes into town this time, and is like, "Oh, you can't handle this, Clark! This is my job to do!" And WHY does she think that Clark can't handle it? Well...Jor-El told her so. Oh, and he can't fly!

... WHAT????

The former makes her look like a moron. She's just going to take it on someone else's word that her cousin (who presumably she'd have gotten to know a bit in the time they've known each other) just isn't up to the task of saving the world. And why does she buy this on faith? Well, Clark hasn't mastered all of his abilities. I mean, the man can't fly. And somehow, that crucial inability to fly is going to cause him to FAAAAAAAAAIL and the world is DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!

I'm sorry, Kara, but I've met pieces of toast with better higher reasoning skills than you.

Even at the end, she said to Clark that he should let her handle the threat, because she could handle it and he couldn't. Talk about the sin of pride!!!

I don't know WHAT they're up to. I keep thinking that Jor-El HAS to be up to something. Though what, I can't figure out. But that there HAS to be more going on. Because otherwise...well, he comes off as more of a tool (and an idiotic one at that). And Kara is a freaking moron.
            You took the words right out of my mouth. I couldn't have put it better myself. Jor-El's just a world class idoit!.

Comment

Jor-El is a hypocrite. He's certainly no saint and I get irritated whenever he tries to act like Clark is bad

Comment

... What?

... What?

... WHAT????

Amen!

Comment

Amen, indeed.

Although I disagree with Jor-El choosing Kara to be Earth's savior. He should have simply reassured Clark that no matter what, his decisions will effect the way the world views him and that he has to actually think about his decisions before acting. For good, or for worse.

Comment

The sickest thing about the episode for me, was that in the end, Jor-el and Kara were proved right.

If Kara hadn't been there, Clark would have been possessed by Godfrey (i'm sorry but i'm refusing to call him Darkseid). He would have failed. He's not strong enough. He's not even as strong as Lois, apparently.

This is why I feel like giving up on the show sometimes!

Comment

Well, the thing is, in the context of this show, Jor-El is somewhat right. Clark does have doubts, and Darkseid/Godfrey spelled it out more clearly to him/us. It's those doubts that put him in a dangerous position right now. It does say something that should Clark become possessed by Darkseid, he would be the greatest threat to the world. The flipside of that is exactly what we want him to be--what he wants to be--the greatest hero of the world.

Now, I loathe everything Jor-El has said to Clark, and disowning him seems so incredibly harsh--especially in light of what we've seen and heard from him since Jor-El first appeared. But again, I think it speaks to the nature and the force of this evil that is Darkseid, that Jor-El doesn't want anything to do with Clark.

I disagree with that and how the writers are handling it. I would think that Jor-El would advise Clark and give him a chance to prove himself, overcome those doubts before just writing him off and signalling Kara. But then, maybe that's the point, getting Clark to do it on his own. IDK. Maybe he just wasn't pleased with his whole "martyr" choice in Salvation. But whether or not I agree with the writers on this or with how they're having Jor-El's attitude toward Clark come across, I have to think that this does have a point that'll be more clear as the episodes progress. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Comment

I don't have a clue what Jor El is supposed to be thinking or trying to do. One second Clark is never supposed to kill, the next his powers are taken away to punish him for not killing the enemy. I also have no clue why Jor-El has the knowledge of the writers of the show which forces him to take the outfit Clark's mom gave him because he would be deemed Superman if he were to wear it.
                        Honestly the whole idea of Jor-El testing and preparing Clark to be the Savior of Earth just seems kind of odd. I know the writers are giving their own interpretation of the story but the basics should still seem to be true. The whole savior thing just seems too bible for me as opposed to Clark being sent to Earth as Krypton exploded because his strength on Earth would give him a better chance of survival and ultimately Clark choosing on his own to become the protector of the planet.

Comment

Originally posted by Hopefulsuicide
                          The sickest thing about the episode for me, was that in the end, Jor-el and Kara were proved right.

If Kara hadn't been there, Clark would have been possessed by Godfrey (i'm sorry but i'm refusing to call him Darkseid). He would have failed. He's not strong enough. He's not even as strong as Lois, apparently.

This is why I feel like giving up on the show sometimes!
                          True, like I said the show is pulling the Doomsday route, make Clark look bad for no reason.

Comment

... What?

... What?

... WHAT????

Word!!!

Comment

Logically, if Jor-El has really given up on Clark, he would take away his powers and ask Kara to be the protector of Earth. So, Jor-El is up to something.

I am thrilled with the possibility that Jor-El will be the one deciding that Clark deserves to be Superman, with the suit on ice. Would Superman submit to the judgement of a morally corrupt entity like Jor-El? I don't think so.

Comment

AI Jor-Els craziness is a referendum on the writers of this show....

He's their convenient "out" to whatever ever pit fall they've wrote the season or even episode into

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎