Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by superspider02
    sweet good to know as of right now those markets are not preempting next week. so crossing fingers for better numbers then. umm i had preview for next week with my airing, maybe for folks who didnt get it their affilate cw's just messed up.
    I had a preview but I don't remember anywhere in the preview it saying it was the 200th episode

Comment

@TVbytheNumbers Another Strong Friday Outing for Smallville & Supernatural http://bit.ly/dmcHeH

Comment

well like the tvguide preview it was probably just those little ticker tags that said it. i would have to go back and look myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Clana Kent
          Not bad ratings considering the quality of the episode.

I hope they promote the hell out of "Homecoming" and get at least 3 million people to watch it!
          Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by Clana Kent
            I hope they promote the hell out of "Homecoming" and get at least 3 million people to watch it!
            I don't think SV will every hit 3 million viewers again. One of the benefits of being in your last season, is that ratings don't matter anymore.

Comment

well we were close with live viewers for lazuarus and we do get it with dvr numbers. its all possible. Also i think ratings still do matter a little bit, showing that male viewers are strong and cw needs more male shows, and for advertisers and all that. Plus we want the show to end on a strong note and all that.

Comment

Originally posted by Dee
                I don't think SV will every hit 3 million viewers again. One of the benefits of being in your last season, is that ratings don't matter anymore.
                They hit 3+ million during the last half of the premiere, so 3 million viewers is possible. Now the issue is to retain those viewers. I'm not sure if it will happen for the 200th episode, as the ratings are currently 2.3+ and that would be a major jump, but during sweeps if the ratings climb? It's possible. We'll see.

But yes, right now I don't think the ratings are a major concern. I won't claim they don't matter the way you say, but they have no way of affecting the series because this is it for them.

With that said, Smallville, the longest show on the CW, the show with the least promotion, still does better than a lot of other, younger, better promoted shows, even now.

Anyway, glad to see that while Supernatural keeps slipping (from 2.90 to 2.35 to 2.28), Smallville has dropped, but currently is climbing back up, which is a great sign (from 2.98 to 2.36 to 2.37).

It's always a good sign when ratings are steady, and right now they are holding up.

Comment

yea as long as ratings are stable its good.

Comment

Originally posted by Dee
                    I know, but it's good for me as a fan to know that SV can still reach a lot of viewers.
                    And personally, I think the series finale will do very good. I'm hoping for at least 4+ million.

Comment

Originally posted by superspider02
                      yea as long as ratings are stable its good.
                      The final numbers will be lower once they figure in the preempts. So, we may see a similar drop-off.

Comment

Originally posted by Dee
                        SV can hit 3 million again. The premiere was very close to it.

Comment

Originally posted by bychance
                          SV can hit 3 million again. The premiere was very close to it.
                          Agreed, I think it depends on promotion

Comment

probably but hopefully the chicago market taken out wont kill it to much.

Comment

Originally posted by Supsfan
                              How people felt about an episode after it airs should not effect the rating of that episode, but it could effect the one right after it
                              I meant before hand, I know a lot of people weren't even going to watch Supergirl before it aired because of the spoilers released and pick back up with Homecoming.

Comment

Originally posted by scifigirl
                                The final numbers will be lower once they figure in the preempts. So, we may see a similar drop-off.
                                Yes, but if the ratings drop we know it's because of the preemption and not simply because people didn't tune into watch it. So, in terms of steadiness, it will still hold even with a drop caused by a preemption.

JMO

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎