Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hellokitty
    Other than the totally fake Land Rover at the top of the episode...those SFX were amazing tonight.
    Ha! I actually forgot about that part, because all the other effects pushed it out of my mind. But yes, that CGI land rover was horrendous. Ruined the nice desert shot.

Comment

Originally posted by redkryptoniteisthebest
      The car explosion might be one of the neatest scenes in the shows history. Very cool.
      I completely agree... It was so cool! My jaw dropped. It's amazing what they can do with their budget

Comment

The bullet scenes looked cool, though I didn't like the car explosion, looked really fake. And the last scene was horrible, ruined the moment of his new costume.

Comment

It amazes me just how much and how good the FX looks in 'SV' given the budget cuts the show has undergone over the years. The car sequence was great and the bullet catch scene was top notch. Great stuff.

Comment

Special effects were great tonight. I loved the car explosion.

Comment

I was pretty impressed with the special effects in this episode.
              That bullet was pretty cool.
              That car explosion was frickin' awesome.
              The save at the end was pretty cool.

It still amazes me what Smallville manages to do with their limited budget.
              I hope they keep up this standard for the rest of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Nerf
                Ha! I actually forgot about that part, because all the other effects pushed it out of my mind. But yes, that CGI land rover was horrendous. Ruined the nice desert shot.
                LOL. I just noticed that.

Comment

The only really bad effect was the CGI Jeep/Land Rover in the establishing shot at the beginning of the episode. It looked soo bad... it looked like someone cut out a picture of a Jeep and was manually moving it over a picture of a the dessert. All they needed to do was add some displaced sand moving and it would have resolved the issue... otherwise, I wish the would have just left the CGI motion out and just had a shot of the freaking dessert.

Oh well... It was a good episode despite this and the annoying and utterly unlikable Fake Cat Grant.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Just noticed someone else has already posted about the weird Jeep at the beginning
                  Last edited by She-ra; 10-02-2010, 08:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

The effects were pretty good in this episode. I agree the jeep and the end shot was a little rough, but all in all very good effects.

Comment

Originally posted by Nerf
                      This episode's effects blow the effects of "Lazarus" out of the water. They were cool and exciting. My mouth dropped open with the car explosion. They really did an amazing job.

The only effect I didn't like much (but wasn't enough to take away from my enjoyment of the scene) was the final shot of Clark standing on top of the Daily Planet. It was just a little too obvious that most of that shot, the building, was CG. But whatever, I still loved the end and I loved the effects of the episode.

Hopefully, as Kara will be back next week, we'll have some good shots of her flying. For the most part they did really well with her flying scenes in S7 (and the one in S8), but they also had more money back then. Most of the flight effects in S9 weren't that great, so here's hoping we get some good ones in the next episode.
                      the shot of Clark was the greatest shot they ever filmed as far as satisfaction is concerned...we`ve been waiting 10 years for that shot and i think it was AWESOME..i didnt expect TW to look that real as superman..it was better that i could have hoped for imo

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

btw i think every effect was top notch...the only thing i wouldent give a 10 was the way they filmed/edited the shot of clark punching deadshot in the face..just the swing..the results were nice to see
                      Last edited by coco#1; 10-03-2010, 01:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎